What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Yes you do! Always setting trends.

I finished what I had left of my cobs last week and it feels like something's missing. Sunday is not cob day anymore lol.

I might try the corn husk this next autumn to check for myself how I like it. Banana husk is not gonna be easy to find here.
It's a long time until autumn, and with no cob!
The first year I cobbed, I only did about 40% of my harvest; these days it has to be 100%.

Rastafarout

Premium user
420giveaway
Paper sometimes absorbs moisture and can get stuck to the outside of the cob, which is not a good look. I started with grease proof paper but just use bags these days... Often I'll form the cob in a zip lock which then gets vacced, you can handle the ziplock and not worry about tearing a vac bag, and if the vac bag fails or gets too short from opening and resealing you can stick the ziplock in a new one without losing sticky in the vac bags... Usually I leave the zip lock open to allow air to leave but if I want to make loose cobs, bud style, I'll push out most of the the air, close the zip lock and then seal into a vac bag. This stops some of the compression, if you're into loose cobs, but I've found compressed ones seem to store slightly better long term, especially once the cob no longer lives in a vac bag .

there are many ways to skin a cob
you learn a lot of little tricks on this thread .. here’s me been thinking how they must go through vac bag ,
Opening and resealing … never thought of vacing with a long section of bag , to snip and reseal ..Duh ! Thanks lol

Cob Club Clan!

Tmik

Trying this out.
Using a moisture meter and Cannatrol.
After a couple days in a vac bag at 105f, I moved it to the Cannatrol. It went in at 48% and after a couple days it is 26%. I’ll take it down to 14% and then vac bag it with out the husk for the next several months.

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpeg
    IMG_4732.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

Tmik

Posted a little out of order but here is a look at the bud and cob. Zamaldelica, 35grams cobbed fairly moist after 2 days in the Cannatrol.

Trying this out.
Using a moisture meter and Cannatrol.
After a couple days in a vac bag at 105f, I moved it to the Cannatrol. It went in at 48% and after a couple days it is 26%. I’ll take it down to 14% and then vac bag it with out the husk for the next several months.

Attachments

• IMG_4712.jpeg
    IMG_4712.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4714.jpeg
    IMG_4714.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Latest posts