What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb??

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I'll be popping some Mr.G CB by January....
Usually I punish new strains by putting them through a "stress test" and seeing how well they do,but for some reason I want to treat these right and get some nice pix for folks to see as well as get some good results shown for Mr. G who has been so generous to the community.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
yea it was/is a pure hawaian sativa, its possible the cherry bomb that referman crossed it with was the kentucky strain, i remember an argument between mr greegene and referman because greengenes was upset that referman crossed it, but referman said he did it to get rid of hermie tendencies, which are very common in pure inbred sativas

I remember this too. Mr. Greengenes had it and did some tests and said he never seen any hermi tendencies. Then when Referman got it he said it was very hermi prone and needed to be corrected. Hense the name Cherrybomb 2. This was back in the OG days. I wish I remember more.

TGT

WelderDan

Veteran
I remember this too. Mr. Greengenes had it and did some tests and said he never seen any hermi tendencies. Then when Referman got it he said it was very hermi prone and needed to be corrected. Hense the name Cherrybomb 2. This was back in the OG days. I wish I remember more.

TGT

You remember correctly. Reef claimed it was hermie prone and bred it with his Cherry Indica. He's fulla shit.

I got my hands on Mr. G's beans from Marco at Treating Yourself. I never saw a single nanner in the original, or crosses I made. I ran it in dirt, in GH 3 part Hydro, and in PBP, and I'm lazy and had a known light leak. Still no nanners.

Someone on OG (I forget who) tried running it 12/12 from seed and said they had some nanners. I vegged 24/0 under flouros until the nodes began to alternate (about 18 inches), then put 'em under a 1000 watt HPS for 12/12. Never had any hermie issues. Like I said up thread, it's a pretty well behaved sativa dominant plant.

GreenGenes is a cool dude, just shoot him a PM, he will tell you whats up.....He listed some on Seedbay a couple months back......and Im not sure, I could be wrong, but I believe, Reeferman got his Cherry Bomb genetics from Mr. Greengenes, directly or indirectly.....I think I remember Greengenes telling me this.....like I said, I could be mistaken, this conversation took place about a year ago.....

Just look him up on here, ICmag, and ask him whats up....Shit does look dank....

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool to see so much interest in CB. It's a real relief to know that the genes are spread far and wide now and aren't in danger like when I was saving it alone. Breeders will be able to make great use of CB males in crosses, since there's no need to progeny test (them), and CB traits will be easy to identify and sort in future generations.

On a seperate note, I wonder why I never got a 'donor' tag under my nick? You'd think ICMAG made enough from my donation that they'd remember that.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Very cool to see so much interest in CB. It's a real relief to know that the genes are spread far and wide now and aren't in danger like when I was saving it alone. Breeders will be able to make great use of CB males in crosses, since there's no need to progeny test (them), and CB traits will be easy to identify and sort in future generations.

On a seperate note, I wonder why I never got a 'donor' tag under my nick? You'd think ICMAG made enough from my donation that they'd remember that.
We know what's kill Mr. G........:yes::yes: And we know the REAL story!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got a couple of CB girls about 3 weeks in, usual story, foot square screens each taking up a quarter of my 250 hps cab. organic soil
one of them has lovely burgundy pistils :)
picture.php

here's the whole plant - very jagged leaves
picture.php

and the other one
picture.php

as always with seed plants, especially sativas, it's tough to break the apical dominance through training, but the screes are full and i am happy and lucky to be running these genetics. big shout out to Mr.G who hasnt been around in a while, hope all's good with you.

VG

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Cool VG,looks great. Got my baby CB's up....I'm noticing that heavy serrated leaf pattern already. I'll get some pix up soon as they get into flower..could be a while.

WelderDan

Veteran
The ones with the reddest stems tend to have the most Cherry taste. There is also a spicy/peppery pheno that pops up sometimes. It tends to be a bit smaller.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
The ones with the reddest stems tend to have the most Cherry taste. There is also a spicy/peppery pheno that pops up sometimes. It tends to be a bit smaller.
Where's Mr. G? Haven't seen him around in quite a while...
I'm really looking forward to working with these CB's..got lots of things I'd like to hit with a CB male...as well as just keep a good female phenotype rollin'.

WelderDan

Veteran
Where's Mr. G? Haven't seen him around in quite a while...
I'm really looking forward to working with these CB's..got lots of things I'd like to hit with a CB male...as well as just keep a good female phenotype rollin'.

I haven't seen him around for a while. He strikes me as the kind of guy with multiple hobbies/interests. Probably just doing other things.

CB make nice parent stock. I regret not being more careful and keeping it around.

purple clouds

Veteran
nice pics verdantgreen, i'll be putting the rest of the seeds i have from treating yourself in the dirt in a couple days. then if any sprout, i'll germinate the 2 packs i just got and do a seed run. i'll be sure to post pics this time that i grow her.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
#2 is a nice looking lady,but they both look healthy.
Do you think that nice purple color in the hairs is temp. related?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey capt. i dont think its temp related. not really gone under 60 and its too even. it fades as you go down the buds so it may not stick around till the end. the smell of the two phenos is different too. both fruity and acerbic and sweet all at the same time lol.

more pics in my 250 grow diary.

VG