What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaf Dreading, Training technique

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, I want to share a training technique I've been playing with.

I call it Leaf Dreading.. It seems to work great for when plants are around 45 days old and ready to be flipped to flower.

I start by on day 30 or so, supercropping the highest node which allows pinching on the stem and bending, this should trigger the lower branches to start growing.

Around day 45, you will be able to see lower branches climbing to the top, however lots of leafs will be blocking valueable light to these branches, if no light is able to penetrate down, these branches will never be able to reach to the top level of the canopy, resulting in weak, larf that most likely will need to be removed. Thats when I will start using the Leaf Dreading technique.

I will once again pinch and supercrop the top internode in which allows me enough finger space to pinch and bend, make sure to pinch all the cracks out of the stem, otherwise you will snap the branch and lose the top.

After that is done I will bundle all the leafs towards the under side in which the supercrop is pointing to, and tie these leafs together under the main top. This will clear light to all lower branches and allow great light penetration and it will produce dense flower cluster in which will results on good yielding flower. I use a simple gardening rubbering twistie tie which is one of my #1 friends in my garden!

Here is a few shots of the training technique

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Here is another plant before and after being Dreaded

picture.php

picture.php

This is my first time using this technique so will we have to see how it will work out, it should work similar to defoliation, however, its way less stressful on the plant! I will update with progress on this. Right now they are on day 4 or so of flower and the stretch should start now hard so it should be interesting analyzing it...

Please feel free to criticize it ;)

:rasta: