What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st time indoor grower, transplant shock? or deficiency?

SweetJ138

first time growing indoors here. i have 8 plants, and 4 of them seem to have some issues, that i could use some input on.

Set up:
4x4 tent -> kind k750 LED, 4" active intake on low w/ horti cap, 4" ehaxust tweeked med/high to create slight neg pressure.

small humidifier, and space heater trying to keep the humidity over 40% in my dry ass basement (winter in MI here), and temp 75 degrees-ish.
I have my lights set at 30/60/60 as far as the intensity of the 3 bands, and 18/6 schedule.

I have 4 clones from my caregiver, been smoking these genes for years.

I have 4 clones from a long time craigslist poster in my area who sells clones for $10 a pop.

All of these have been in my tent for under a week.

put them into the same tent a few days apart. all clones are 2-3 weeks from the time they were cut. I have not given any nutes to any of them yet.

The 4 in solo cups are from my caregiver. He transplanted them from his cloner to solo cups of his soil mix. not 100% sure whats in there soil wise. One of them seems to have some major yellowing on the top leaves that were like that when i got them, and it hasn't changed. seems like its growing, but its hard to tell.
kushcrack.jpg

then this one also has some yellowing, but on the lower leaves.

ww1.jpg

The plants i got from the CL source came in rockwool cubes with a few thick white roots poking out of the cube. I transplanted them with some Xtreme gardening MYKO, into FF happy farm soil and 1 gallon smart pots, then gave them one good watering with 6.0 ph tested distilled water at 68 degrees. That was yesterday. 24 later, they all still look ok, but the one on the bottom right is wilted to the point where its hardly standing up anymore. it was the one closest to the space heater. the soil has dried up pretty bad compared to the others, and

it was a pretty small cut compared to the others.

this look like a goner? or did i just shock it? underwater? overwater?
dp2.jpg

finally this last cut from the CL source has some yellowing that was already on it when i got it in the rockwoll, but now i'm getting some slight burning on the tips. Shock? Happy frog soil too hot for the young clone?

dp1.jpg

Any guesses on the issues?

any help/suggestions appreciated.

SweetJ138

I only watered the smart pot plants yesterday for the first time, i've had them for 2 days now. i haven't watered yet today. as far as the other ones, i was watering solo cup plants daily but with just enough water to keep the soil moist. i probably 8-10 oz or so of water in each of the solo cup plants total over the past 2 days at the most. i had a quart spray bottle filled to the top, and thats all i've used so far on those. all straight water with no nutes yet.

SweetJ138

took the heater out of the tent and put it outside facing the fresh air intake. the plant closest to where it was, is that droopy one. it was heavily moistend brand new soil, and now its pretty dry on top and about 1/2 inch deep before i see moisture.
other ones are moister on top from the same watering time and amount.

Could just be shock give them a day or two. I go by the weight of the pot to determine watering or not. Shouldn't have to use nutes for awhile since the soil is loaded with them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
if you poke your finger into the soil how does it feel?
your medium looks kind of dry,especially the ones in the larger containers
water those first, really well
the ones in the smaller cup look root bound and could use a larger container plus water

if you poke your finger into the soil how does it feel?
your medium looks kind of dry,especially the ones in the larger containers
water those first, really well
the ones in the smaller cup look root bound and could use a larger container plus water

On point here.. also like the name

SweetJ138

correct on the rootbound issue. that top leaf is worse this morning. just checked the bottom of those solo cups where there were some holes cut for drainage, and i can see some FAT white roots in there, which is great, but i didn't expect that for another week. these are not even a week out of the cloner. i'm not sure if the smallest one in a solo cup is ready yet (g13-haze), its growing, but doesn't have the roots showing yet, so i may wait a few days on that one.

can't transplant until later today when i get home from work and get some more soil.

Is that happy frog into 1 gallon smart pots a good choice to keep it simple until i go up to 5 gallon pots with a different blend?
i've read good and bad things. the grow store i went to recommended the happy frog, over rooted, and a few other brands of similar soil.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The small one looks dry. The first one could be ph problems, probably too acidic. Use some litmus or other ph metering.