What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

N-P-K in organic. What can i get K from?

mexweed

Veteran
I use tap water and bring it down to 6-6.3 with pure vitamin c powder, it neutralizes the chlorine and is good for the plant

my highest K inputs are top dressing with buffaloam soil alive which is 1-1.2-1.4 and I use advanced nutrients mother earth 3-2-5

jrelax

Hi all again.

I need read more all answers here. I have time next week do that :)

This forum is really great, so many helpfull nice people.
I have learn already lot thanx to you all

My bat Guano is 1-10-1 i did say 1-30-1 thats wrong, it is 10, not 30
double checked it.

Anyway one more thing :

I got new stuff again i want try.
Its couple Oldtimer products, Organic series
1- Organic PK liquid
2- Organic Magnesium powder

Any one try them? Are they good?

How to use them best to grow medical canna? any tip ?

The organic Magnesium powder I will add it to my soil , as powder mixet to
the bigger Pots after 2-3 weeks veg . Full dosage ?

Can i also add little in the total beginning ? half dosage maybe?

Do i need add more of it by watering? I believe i need a smal cup hot water to mix the powder first to liquid , how many celcius water temp is max? i dont want kill the Magnesium. Also i dont want make it with cold water because it dosent release then i did try already that. Water needs to be hotter, i wonder how hot is best in celcius ?

And then the Organic PK, its not strong. Only 4-8 , my synthetic pk was about
13-15.
How do i use this also best for medical canna grow?
Maybe half dosage week 3-4 in flower, full dosage at 5-6 week flowering,

Last two weeks water only always ?

Picture:

ps_
I need check my PH after water is bubble, i know this next week, so i will tell you soon.

CrushnYuba

Those sound like expressive specialty products for weed. You could just get organic single ingredients sold at garden centers for less $. Someone suggested guano and wood ash.

If you want mag, p and k, why don't you just use precipitated bone meal and langbeinite. High numbers and cheap. Instantly available and water soluble enough that you can water it in.

Precipitated bone is 0-18.5-0 with like 20% calcium. And langbeinite is 0-0-22 with 10% mag.

You can mix with water and water in if you want.

jrelax

CrushnYuba

Yes these are expensive bling bling stuff, i will try more stuff from random garden center in future.
I need upgrade my grow system, so i need stay low in nutrient costs next year.''

Anyway these bling bling stuff works great, gooddamn good i think.,, right now im doing my best grow ever.
It is maybe not the nutrients anyway?, because i have change alot other things that i learn from this forum now.

PH test is done tomorrow also :) that bubble water

Precipitated bone , that stuff smell a bit indoors right?
What is Precipitated bone? and What is langbeinite? i need google that
My enlish is not the best sorry.

I know bone meal powder, and bloodmeal powder, the random stuff from gardencenters , is this what you talk about?

thanx all

CrushnYuba

Precipitated bone has no smell. Its bone meal that is reacted with acid to be more water soluble. Its also called dicalcium phosphate. It's instantly available and doesn't need to break down like regular bone meal. There it's a version of dicalcium phosphate that uses mined calcium phosphate instead of bone meal. I get 50 lb bags for 50$ us of the bone meal preparation. Not the easiest thing to find. Sometimes it's sold as a cattle feed supplement.

Langbeinite is a mined rock dust. Potasium magnesium sulfate. No smell either

These 2 ingredients together are basically a complete organic flower booster. P, k, ca, and mg. Also has a good bit of sulfur.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Precipitated bone has no smell. Its bone meal that is reacted with acid to be more water soluble. Its also called dicalcium phosphate. It's instantly available and doesn't need to break down like regular bone meal. There it's a version of dicalcium phosphate that uses mined calcium phosphate instead of bone meal. I get 50 lb bags for 50$ us of the bone meal preparation. Not the easiest thing to find. Sometimes it's sold as a cattle feed supplement.

Langbeinite is a mined rock dust. Potasium magnesium sulfate. No smell either

These 2 ingredients together are basically a complete organic flower booster. P, k, ca, and mg. Also has a good bit of sulfur.

Sound great. Is it a top dressing?

CrushnYuba

I use it as a top dressing, but it can be watered in.

For the potassium magnesium sulfate there are different size partial grades. standard fines that's better for amending or slow release top dressing. And there are ultra fines that are smaller particles. Better for watering in or instant release top dressing.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This year I used MAP from a cousin's farm. But you can get it from a farm supply shop or co-op ($80 for 50 lb bag). It's used as a feed supplement for cattle.

MAP - Mono-Ammonium Phosphate - NPK 12-61-0.
DAP - Di-Ammonium phosphate) - NPK 18-61-0.
These two are not only different in K. If you use calcium to lower PH, use MAP, otherwise use DAP. They behave differently with PH. DAP is also more salty, and MAP is more soluble. I should read up on them, but I'd use very little regardless.
---

MPP - Mono-Potasium Phosphate - 0-52-34
it's a Salt. 100% water soluble. Foliar spray. Don't spray when it's above 85F. Very early morning or dawn is good. At least 14 days between spraying. 5lbs per 10gl of water (danger... no stronger). Spray at the very 1st sign of flowering, then at 1/3 flowering time, then 3 weeks after that. You're done.

So for an 8 week flower strain, I'd go;
- 1st foliar spraying at flowering start.
- 2nd foliar spraying at week 3.
- 3rd (and last) foliar spraying at week 6.

I wouldn't up the spray frequency unless flowering time goes over 11 weeks.

There's a lot of free fertilizer in farmers fields after harvest, but you have to know what it is. lol
picture.php

jrelax

i have found this meal bone now , bone ash ?

in my country they sell this to horses as suppliment
and to hobby keramic making

it is watersopuble, and smells nothing also

HOW TO DOSAGE ?
how many grams per litre water?
or 1 gallon? 3.8-4 litre

how much grams topdress 3gallon pots?

Its not that cheap as in US here in EU., still cheap anyway
about 120 EURO / US 20-25kg

i found them also 1kg / 1000gram , 10us/euro
its not much, if it needs feed like the branded names in few grams

this is intresting :)

CrushnYuba

Bone ash? Does it list the P number? I'm pretty sure bone ash is usually tricalcium phosphate and not dicalcium phosphate. Have to know the p number listed so we know we are talking about the same thing

yes that sound right switcher56

in the tent there was some tropic heat and humidy.
Open room i have now, i cant controll this.

the room is about 3x3 meter. i grov my medicine in 1x1 only.
there is much room left.
i cant make that tropical nice stuff in open room anymore.

LESS WATER IN OPEN ROOM ? tent was nice, they loved watering there before

My tap water is bad. it has ph over 7.
i always let water bubble in big pot with airpump atleast 20h before watering.
The water ph i know only from tap, not in my water after 20h-30h rest

Can i use LEMON? EKO eco lemon ? lime is harder eco here
i can try have it more citric a little bit every second watering maybe ? squeeze about half lemon maybe in the mix like every 10.th day?

Eco/eko lemons is easy , eco limes we dont have here .
I only like grow eko/eco/organic.
I am a sick person, and i need this to medicate me self.

I dont like hydro or chemicals. Only natural as far i can go indoors. :)
i have throw away my synthetic cal/mag and PK today.

I want 100% organic. Because im sick.
I cant handle chemicals alot. sorry

sorry my bad english.

love 2 all

Hey Jrelax. Since you have a larger room now and you aren't using it all you could build temporary walls inside the room to make the area smaller. That way the room would warm up quicker by the heat of your lights.

I have had environment problems inside too when I wasn't using very much of the space.

You could build walls and put panda plastic (black onside white on the other) to reflect the the light back in and reduce the volume of air.

Also I grew indoors for a long time in organic living soil with water that had a pH well above 7 without issues. Just make sure you have enough organic matter ( quality compost or wormcastings ) that should buffer the pH. i used to top dress once a week with a mix of castings, fish bone meal, kelp, crab and dolomite lime.
I would mix 30lbs wormcastings with 1 lb of each of those amendments and that would usually last a good amount of time.

Good luck! I'm glad things are getting better with your new watering practices.

jrelax

Hey Jrelax. Since you have a larger room now and you aren't using it all you could build temporary walls inside the room to make the area smaller. That way the room would warm up quicker by the heat of your lights.

I have had environment problems inside too when I wasn't using very much of the space.

You could build walls and put panda plastic (black onside white on the other) to reflect the the light back in and reduce the volume of air.

Also I grew indoors for a long time in organic living soil with water that had a pH well above 7 without issues. Just make sure you have enough organic matter ( quality compost or wormcastings ) that should buffer the pH. i used to top dress once a week with a mix of castings, fish bone meal, kelp, crab and dolomite lime.
I would mix 30lbs wormcastings with 1 lb of each of those amendments and that would usually last a good amount of time.

Good luck! I'm glad things are getting better with your new watering practices.

i will have three wormcastlings now
biobizz soilwormcastling /dirt

and also liquid General organic / liquid
lava worm GK Organics / powder

why so many?

the liquid starts direct, right?
the dirt soil wormcastling by biobizz starts little later i think ?
and the powder maybe got power also at end ?

i start at halfdosage of all them

maybe add after 4 weeks that liquid once again at fulldosage ?

i will build also room inside my big room about 180x150 cm
and also run my tent 120x120cm

i also found this now
look that strong npK
INCREASE THE DENSITY OF YOUR FLOWERS

Rock Hard is a highly concentrated potassium supplement formulated to increase the density of your flowers and fruits. Potassium is a catalyst for carbohydrate metabolism and aids in the synthesis of proteins and amino acids. Adding high levels of potassium will lead to thicker, heavier flowers giving you massive yields.

product-presentation-rock-hard-600x600.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]npk 0-0-62

https://fearlessgardenerbrand.com/product/rock-hard/
[/FONT]

this i use 1 time, 2weeks before harvest
product-presentation-rock-hard.jpg

Last edited:

jrelax

then i will also try this https://fearlessgardenerbrand.com/product/sticky-icky/
that is molasses
THE SOURCE OF IRON AND POTASSIUM FOR PLANTS

Sticky-Icky is a dry molasses-based product made from natural sugar cane that provides a food source for beneficial bacteria in the soil and help plants uptake nutrients more easily. It provides a soluable source of iron and potassium for plants.
Soils with active microbial activity convert nutrients to a more usable form that plants can use to grow and flower. Sticky-Icky comes in a dry form which makes it easily mixed with water to add to any nutrient solution.

Pure elements expressed as a percentage of the total: 0-0-1

Dilution Rate: Use 2 tsp or 10g per 5 gallon / 19L of water. Sticky Icky should be added along with your regular feeding.

Note: If you are using molasses in a dripper system, use at half strength to avoid clogging in the drippers or lines.

Guaranteed Analysis: Soluable Potash (K20) – 1% Iron (Fe) – 0.1%

i also got Palm Ashes soon, this is 1-1-30 if i remember right, at least 1-1-10, there is that K also, also i got soon GK kelp powder, and GK fish powder,

then i got also
guano, both liquid and GK organics powder, also GK organics Pellets 3different Guano i got now

then i have also

biobizz algae mix
chorella powder eco
spirulina powder eco
fish biobizz
SEER Rockdust , organic powder
and some Old timer organic stuff like bio silicone and stuff

and also other organic stuff , like grow, bloom, bloom max organic biobizz,

OMG i got lot stuff ,about 20 different products, i will also buy Bone ASH powder, waterdillutable, and that other thing i dont remember the name now, its white powder that disolves in water

i end up with about 25-30 different organic products, many of them same as other just different , liguids, powders, dirts, good have everything

the dosage i must be carefull with only.

LOL , i show some pics

i will also buy reptile zoo UV lights, aquarim led also
, ., i will add them in flower to my other lights,
i believe this and lots of nice different nutriends will boost my CBD levels, UV lights is good if you want lots CBD i read before.

i want to be professional grower , about 1 year from now i will send to lab my own shit , test them then , thc, and cbd, cbn, all that things.
i will do it once per year then untill i reach super strong grow

today i talk with one lab, i can pay them secret, and they email the result, i dont need give my adress ,
they will help me , they do understund , nice people

now i must read many hours every day about growing organic medical

and i will

i love grow, its nice hobby , love it
i love read about it, and also ask alot.

only problem is sometimes i get so high and forgott little info.
Anyways i get better, results are good now , healthy plants today
i feel a lot better now, see this helthy plants , they are like children to me almost, i love them so much.
Do it in healthy way organic is important for me.
I dont do any syntetic stuff anymore.
Medicine should be grown with natural nutrients right?
I understund hydro is more easy, and bigger yelds.

Anyway i dont see that as pure medicine.

Thats why i do this organic in nice dirt

i start my roombuilding soon, it will be simple in beginning, wood frame, plastic film that cheap white inside, black outside.

if i found size and everything working good, i will make it better, ORCA grow film , and the frame in plastic or stainless steel LOL
no problem

now i do different nutrients, i want test what works for me best.
Then try stay to simple way, maybe one or two brands max.
Not like now, 10 different, maybe brandless, straight nature sources only in the end

the most important stuff is , that its fun.
now i feel this fun, try many brands nutrients and so.
Thats why i need do it right now,.

im too afraid try real fish bones, egg shells and stuff like this, im afraid of salmonella and other bad things.
This is why i like good brands now, its safe
GK organic is nice stuff, expensive , but nice

peace

ic
FGW_Rock-Hard.jpg

Last edited:

picalin

Hi! Wood ash is good, but dangerous by high PH. You will have a lot of care about PH.
Also can be used any worm earth or earth from woods if its posible with bacterias or trichoderma. Imho, of course:tiphat:

jrelax

my tap water has to high ph

i run organic 100% now.
This is hard.
Please dont say i need adjust PH also
How fack can i do that?
Many stuff i have in there adjust selves and bla bla.

Now my grow is perfect anyway.
I show photos next week, i buy camera new next week
Dont worry brothers and sisters

this forum made me grow better already

I must read more , thanks for that link CANNAVORE

thanks to all of you
hugs

EagleWolf

If the plants look happy without changing the PH, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't, my tap is way high.

Compost teas have helped me in the past, I think the brewing makes the PH neutral, but it's hard to tell if that's why they helped. There's alot of info on here about them. If it ain't broke, though.

hillbil

Molasses is an under appreciated source for Iron and K, feeds the herd also. Use it in Burn One's Kelp tea. Hardwood ash is about 6% K by weight. Alfalfa teas also.

h.h.

Veteran
ICM is trendy?
Eye of nute and pig sweat won't grow bigger and better buds?
Marijuana is just another plant?
You feed it like any other plant?