What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace Grows & Seed Reproductions

Land

Jarilla Seed Reproduction

Jarilla Seed Reproduction

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jarilla from Cannabiogen, The best pheno's had a Halloween candy aroma which was present in the best tall pheno with highest calyx to leaf ratio and resin as well as a shorter more branched pheno that was more leafy which smelled the absolute best, sweet sativa. Other phenos had a haze aroma. Descent resin production. 4 males and 6 females out of a 10 pack. Smoke report coming.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is my first time growing with an HLG 100 (3000k). Vegetative growth is quick and flowering/seed development good, the flowers seem dense and the seeds are quite hard and developed already. Most of the plants exhibited a very light green color, so much that I believe it had something to do with not using any calmag and growing under LED's. Also I have noticed that when growing under LED's in general, the fan leaves shade out the lower branches more than they would than if grown under a T5 fluorescent or HPS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I also picked up an HLG 65 (4000k) to grow lime basil & lemon basil along with some Abutilon (flowering maples) and to keep some genetics alive. These HLG's are great little minimalist lights rated for an approximately 2' x 2' area.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vegetative
[/FONT]

Preflower

Flowering after pollination

Flowering plants

Tall Halloween candy pheno

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ponderosa

Great thread �� I'm doing an open pollination of RSC Kumaoni, Nepalese, Malana, and Johaar. Did you notice much variation in the flowering time of the Himalayan males? I'm worried about early flowering males dropping pollen way before the slower flowering ones.

Land

Ponderosa: The Himalayan males I grew (Nanda Devi and Kumaoni) had some slight differences in timing for the pollen dropping. To manage this I just kept all the males in a separate room with window light only for 2-3 weeks until they all were dropping pollen evenly.

Bonus information: One of the Kumaoni females I grew that was shorter than all my other Himalayan females (Nanda, Kumaoni), flowered significantly faster than the rest and was darker green. It smelled similar to the other taller Kumaoni females and had a sparse, airy flower structure.

Land

The Kumaoni with the faster flower time, shorter height and darker green is in the bottom right of these photos.

Land

Highland Thai Seed Reproduction

Highland Thai Seed Reproduction

Highland Thai from TRSC had descent resin and terpene production. Aromas were of a mellow sativa herbal perfume type. High is fairly fast acting, strong and introspective . Some genotypes had less stretch and were earlier flowering while others were later flowering and stretchier. All had the same general type of aroma.

Seedlings starting at 11/13 light cycle

Males and females

Early seed development on a later flowering female

Later seed development on a later flowering female

Harvest

Cheers!

Last edited:

Land

Ponderosa: That's great, does yours have a good smell? I found that my short dark Kumaoni had a weaker and less desireable aroma than the larger plants that had more citrus aroma.

Ponderosa

It's early in flower but it has an orange/earthy stem rub. It also seems like it has weaker trichome development compared to others.

Land

I see, that seems consistent with what I saw when I grew the Kumaoni. The female with the best terpenes and resin production had the biggest branches and it also had the widest leaves. Aromas were citrus orange.

Land

Popey: The Jarilla had a wonderful joyful high that felt like a post-workout high from increased endorphins. I like how it didn't make me paranoid either, just joyful. Not weak and not strong. Flavor was tough to determine because the trichomes were all disturbed after I had removed the seeds from the pot. Menthol and Garlic... spicy.

Land

Aruba Seed Reproduction

Aruba Seed Reproduction

Aruba from Bodhi had excellent resin and terpene production. Aromas were of a tropical fruity. All genotypes were fast flowering and did not stretch much. The flowers are pretty dense even after being heavily seeded. Smoke report coming.

Seedlings started at 11/13 of light.

Males and females.

Resinous male with the best terpene production.

Seeded flowers.

Brown seeds showing.

Cheers!

Land

Aruba Smoke Report

Aruba Smoke Report

Aruba smelled like tropical fruit, jolly rancher and chocolate upon drying. The high is very comfortable, functional, chill, not sedating though.

Cheers!

Popey

Veteran
Thank you very much for the smoke-report. I can't wait to smoke my Jarilla.

Land, you grow 11/13 (11 hours light, 13 hours dark) from a seed?

Last edited:

Land

Popey - that is correct. I also do not use any feed so I can keep the size small. However I do use feed if it's an indica because the stretch is far less than a landrace sativa obviously.

Land

Afghani Sherbeghan Seed Crop

Afghani Sherbeghan Seed Crop

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Afghani Sherberghan from TRSC had good resin and various genotypes ranging from darker green with denser floral clusters to thinner leaves with taller growth. Live plants smelled similar to orange / melon rind combined with hash. Pollen dropped sooner on the taller males with thinner leaflets. Darker green plants tended to have shorter more compact growth with wider leaves. The high is a comfy body high very chill. Subtle earthy hashy tones vaporizing the de-seeded flowers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]