What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Henola

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, my quest for Henola is complete. I have access to it. I'm thrilled. Big things to come if I have my way. My goal is to achieve 3,600 lbs of grain per acre with seed planting densities between 20-25lbs per acre.

THAT is a super food.

dank.Frank

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Very nice variety as it seems.

Attachments

• henola-1.jpg
    henola-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 117
  • henola-3.jpg
    henola-3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 111
  • henola-tab.jpg
    henola-tab.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 118

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a game changer. I really hope to have massive acreage next season.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This never did transpire, unfortunately. Stupid people did stupid things with the hemp industry and made people far more cautious to participate. Everyone chased CBD - when it was always about so much more than that. Agriculture takes large amounts of investment capital and too many fear not seeing a return now.

dank.Frank

St. Phatty

Imagine growing Hempseed with Killer Crosses, like Cinderella 99, AK47, or NL5xHaze - where every seed is a treasure - and then using the seeds for animal feed.

I would freak.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It also wouldn't be very profitable. Henola is breed specifically to be a grain cultivar. Hemp seed, is technically, botanically classified as a nut. Oddly enough.

dank.Frank

Reactions: Gry

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a typo.

The Polish government spent 8 years breeding Henola at the Institute of Natural Fibers and Medicinal Plants.

I think the name sake was to directly compare it to the most widely grown hemp grain variety, Finola. Just an assumption, but yes, the names being so close, is likely intentional and not a mistake.

Henola is supposed out yield Finola and finish weeks faster.

I'm just interested in hemp grain because it's a true super food. One of the most nutrient dense substances on the planet.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Sativa's produce LOTS of seeds, Indica, sometimes barely any at all.

Sounds like the Henola is a "super producing Sativa".

The closest I've had to that is NL5 x Haze, just made huge buds, but I was growing Sinse.

Tried to get pictures of the finished buds, but got a security alarm about one website.

So is the Henola a "Long flowering" Sativa, but with CBD, not so much THC ?

Popey

Veteran
dank.Frank

Hi dank.frank :)

I have a family in Poland. I asked my brother about Henol's strain. Henola is a monoecious strain, it is a cross of strains: monoecious Zołotonowska 13 x dioecious Zenica. It was developed at the Institute of Natural Fibers and Herbal Plants in Poznań, and the breeding works lasted 13 years. It contains an average of 0.32% of essential oil, 0.013% THC and 0.07% CBD. It is very early and intended for seeds and oil. I would like to help you because the seeds are cheap (about 10$ per 1kg) but in most places in Poland the minimum order is 10-25kg, so buying such a quantity costs about 150$ and it is a lot for me, but if you want, I will give you contact to Polish sellers.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa's produce LOTS of seeds, Indica, sometimes barely any at all.

Sounds like the Henola is a "super producing Sativa".

The closest I've had to that is NL5 x Haze, just made huge buds, but I was growing Sinse.

Tried to get pictures of the finished buds, but got a security alarm about one website.

So is the Henola a "Long flowering" Sativa, but with CBD, not so much THC ?
It's hemp. It has basically a null cannabinoid profile.

And no, Henola has a shorter flower cycle. 3 week earlier than Finola, which is another quality that makes it more interesting to farmers.
Hi dank.frank :)

I have a family in Poland. I asked my brother about Henol's strain. Henola is a monoecious strain, it is a cross of strains: monoecious Zołotonowska 13 x dioecious Zenica. It was developed at the Institute of Natural Fibers and Herbal Plants in Poznań, and the breeding works lasted 13 years. It contains an average of 0.32% of essential oil, 0.013% THC and 0.07% CBD. It is very early and intended for seeds and oil. I would like to help you because the seeds are cheap (about 10$ per 1kg) but in most places in Poland the minimum order is 10-25kg, so buying such a quantity costs about 150$ and it is a lot for me, but if you want, I will give you contact to Polish sellers.

Excellent information. Thank you.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your end goal is to produce seed for consumption, wouldn't it make more sense to grow a plant designed for that purpose?

Just saying.

dank.Frank

goingrey

If your end goal is to produce seed for consumption, wouldn't it make more sense to grow a plant designed for that purpose?

Just saying.

dank.Frank
Why would you not want something to smoke as well as a "bonus"?

The problem with sativa seeds is often they are tiny. Not a problem if you're pressing them to get the oil out or whatever. But not great as snacks. For that I would want something with big seeds. But with a thin husk... yum yum.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because, something to smoke, isn't a "BONUS" - it's a deterrent.

Any energy the plant spends making flower vs making food, is wasted energy.

If you want flower, grow drug type cultivars. If you want food, grow grain type cultivars.

There ARE differences.

There are agronomic differences. You don't grow slicing cucumbers to pickle. You don't grow cherry tomatoes to make sandwiches. You don't grow giant pumpkins to make pies.

Everything has it's designated purpose. To ignore that, is kind of ignorant and a waste of resources.

There is access to these genes and I can acquire the seed from a certified, licensed vendor in the US. Is this something there is interest in, to procure, and spread, in much smaller, home grower style packaging?

You have to realize, that grain hemp has an extremely high oil content and the seeds can go rancid, very quickly without proper storage.

Hemp hulls, can go rancid, very quickly, because the oils are not expunged from them. In part, what makes them so healthy.

Just trying to warn against acts of futility, not trying to mock anyone. Cannabis, has ALWAYS been, more versatile than we give it credit for.

After all, I've spent a LONG time, trying to demystify the plant - because, even as wonderful as it is, it's still just a plant. Treat it accordingly.

dank.Frank

• Love
Reactions: Gry

Latest posts

Latest posts