What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

ULMW

Yes!!! Haze Experience time!!! Wonderful selection and amazing opportunity to grow such plants. Subbed !!!
Was watching what Dubi was doing with the N.Haze and A5 in pics earlier and now I see !! Happy growing!!!

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
yeah!!!

super curious about these strains Spaventa....

and Yooooooo Sammy!!!!!!

Boom!

Koondense

Veteran
Seems there will be quite some of these growing soon! That's excellent news, exciting times ahead ;)

Thanks Dubi for spreading the love!

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Received these today, than you Dubi
They will be in paper towels by lights out :)
I will post up information as I go but these are new crosses we are testing here. Anyone who has even heard of old Nevilles Haze and A5 will now these hold special promise - respect to all at Ace for doing these and letting me run them now.

Hi Spaventa,

I think you are the first person to start to grow these new hybrids ;) the seeds were harvested in November 2017 .... i'm glad they are germinating well despite being so fresh.

I know you are a big fan of the best old dutch haze hybrids, hopefully the outcome of these new hybrids meet your expectations :yes:

Can't wait to see the progresses of this thread :D Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi there,

Looking very much forward to see what comes out of these new fem lines.

Hope you will find some special plants coming out of our collaboration.

Always wanted to merge the old Haze hybrids to the better sativa lines on the market.

Both Haze hybrids were bred and selected by Nevil himself back in the day (mid/end '80's to early '90's) and kept by some passionate haze fanatics for the past 3 decades.

Finally we got around to it so eager to find out what will emerge.

This is merely a test case so no pressure what so ever, exactly the way we like it.

Big up to KarmaG for bringing back the only surviving A5 Haze cut out of the lime lights after 15 years of absence!
Good Karma to say the least!

All the best,

Sammy

Hi Sammy :)

I deeply thank you for thinking on us for sharing some of the old elite dutch Haze parental plants that have been preserved for 30 years thanks to growers like you :huggg:

Me and my close friends grew up growing and smoking most of the best dutch haze hybrids from the 90s: NL/Haze, Jack Herer, Jack Flash, Kali Mist, Western Winds, SAGE, Hawaiian Haze, etc ... at the peak of the dutch breeding and when all these seed lines were at their best moment. They produced a huge impact on me and they increased a lot my passion towards cannabis, especially due to those amazing incensey Haze aromas found in these lines. To have the chance to grow and breed with the real parental plants that produced all these 'mythical' hybrids is like a dream for me! :)
I have no words to thank you for that.

The original A5, C5, Neville Haze are quite long flowering sativa dominant hybrids (with a flowering time over 90-100 days), that's why most of the dutch seedbanks in the 90s crossed them with skunk, indicas and other fast flowering strains to develop hybrids with shorter flowering times, shorter sizes and to produce hybrids that were easier to grow indoors for most growers.

I think the Haze x indica breeding route has been already deeply explored, in fact most commercial haze hybrids developed in the last 2 decades (ie Amnesia Haze, Lemon Haze etc ...) are worse representations of the best dutch haze seedlines from the 90s.

Sammy and me will share seeds of the upcoming crosses produced with these old dutch hazes crossed with some of our best sativa parental plants with talented growers and kind persons of the online cannabis community around the world. I really want to thank to all the growers that will help us to test these new genetics.
I'm super excited with the possibilities of these projects, but it will take time to achieve results, so please be patient. There's no estimated time for a commercial release of them, in case it finally happens.

Time will tell whether we will be successful to achieve something very sativa with the quality of the best Haze hybrids from the 90s. I will do my best for it! :yes:

bestothebest

I think there may be a few other a5 cuts left. But they are locked down to only a very select few... so pretty much unavailable. I’m going to need to get a pack of that a5 cross ASAP.

Spaventa

Veteran
BREAKING NEWS - The remaining NH cross has joined the party :)

I decided yesterday that the two remaining seeds hadn’t even swollen. I reasoned that moisture isn’t penetrating so I gently squeezed each seed between my finger and thumb till I heard it crack.
This morning the NH cross is showing a tap root. The A5 cross had got dry so I’ve remoistened them and put them back in the sock. We can wait :)

Big respect and gratitude to Dubi and Sammy for making this happen :)

Spaventa

Veteran
Excellent news! Fingers crossed that you'll see a tap root out of that A5 soon. Cheers bro.

Yes hope so, thanks man :)

Ive never interfered with a seed before. If wet paper towel and warmth and dark didn't do it, that was it but now i thing we have to bare in mind the our seeds get an easy time... in nature they might get stood on, chewed, shat out or just left in a harsh environment so the shell has to be tough.

Nakumasa

I got these as well from Sammy the Haze Man.

Soaked 5 of each couple days back now in coco with good tails.

Interesting about the fast killer malawi. Can you dubi shed some light on her? What to expect etc or point me to right thread to read about it.

Spaventa

Veteran
I got these as well from Sammy the Haze Man.

Soaked 5 of each couple days back now in coco with good tails.

Good luck man :)

Well the 6th NH cross crashed just after take off. The next day the tap root was yellow and yesterday I turned off the machines on it and the 6th A5 cross.

10 out of 12 is pretty good though. Dubi said thats good for seed so fresh. here they are.

picture.php

I know they are over watered but i prefer to do that slightly than risk them drying out which they do very quickly here. RH is like 30.

B

beanz

seeds seem to like about 3 mths before good germ rates pick up , anything less and its hit and miss in my experience .

Last edited:

Nakumasa

Good luck man :)

Well the 6th NH cross crashed just after take off. The next day the tap root was yellow and yesterday I turned off the machines on it and the 6th A5 cross.

10 out of 12 is pretty good though. Dubi said thats good for seed so fresh. here they are.

View Image

I know they are over watered but i prefer to do that slightly than risk them drying out which they do very quickly here. RH is like 30.

Is it a bit cold in there or do they have purple stems naturally?
Good luck man