What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'15 Varin Hunter Pollen Chucker

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Howdy Folks,

Sorry it's been a while since posting about my adventures. . . . time to remedy that.

So 2014 was a crazy year, one in which I learned a shit ton about myself :biggrin: Like Rocky says, 'It's not about how many times you get knocked down; its about how many times you get knocked down and still get back up.
But, I grew out some great plants/genetics which have been helping my 80-yr old spine out to no end. Haven't touched Dilaudid since 1st week of Oct. In fact I found 2 strains that help me as much as Jack the Ripper for my nerve pain and nerve/muscle spasms.
1) Greenman Organics' Metal Malawi - Metal Haze x Cherry Malawi.
2) Doc D's cross of ACE's Golden Tiger (older Meao thai version) with Seed's of Compassion's Cherry Cake. (This hightype is less intense than Metal Malawi but has a good body to it that is lacking in Metal Malawi)

I got hit with PM pretty bad, yet I'm learning a lot about IPM and maintaining a high pH on the plant surface (as well as loading up on silica and aloe vera).
One plant stood out among the rest as the most PM-resistant. Snowhigh's Devil's Tit, f2'ed by Archimage. She also purpled up very nicely. I didn't like the high at first, like a non-keeper Skunk, but then as she aged she became very warm, bright, enjoyable, and happy/anti-depressant/social and gained a point and a half, or 2, in potency.

High Voltage by Snowhgh was almost culled because she looked slow and freaky early on but I kept her going and she turned out to be a commercially viable plant with a near-connoisseur high. Taken early she is speedy, electric, and paranoid. Taken later she stones you hard and powerful like a Chem. I ran her a few times and a few different clones at different feedings. I was amazed to learn how she has different hightypes (not just speedy vs narcotic) with different harvest times.

Some males that I used which I am excited for are:
Popped/selected by me:
Snow's DT f2 - Snow Durby male - very Durban, colorful, sativa. (hit DTf2 and Black Rhino, and Spaceghost)
Snow's BBB - 2 males. One had DJ Short crinkle leaf, the other a super lanky hazey (hopefully JB dom).
Others' Males:
'78 Skunk IX by Nomad's Landing :peacock:
Rev's Boggle Dragon selected by Nomad
Bodhi's Dream Beaver :woohoo:

So I have to play with this round:
GTxCC x Sk
GTxCC x BD
GTxCC x DB :peacock:
MH x BD
MH x Sk
Cindy's Rhino x Boggle Dragon
Cindy's Rhino x BBB
DDTthai dom [(The Pure x Wild Thai) x DP Durban) x BBB :tiphat:
DTf2 x (DTf2 and Spaceghost male - 2 male pollen party in a tent)
Black Rhino x (DTf2 and Spaceghost)

I will return tomorrow to continue this and attach pics

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Ok, here's my lineup: (all from seed)

Silver Lemon Haze x Chery Cake
Panama Black #4 x Cherry Cake (Doc D)
Golden Tiger x Cherry Cake F1 (Doc D)
GTxCC X Dream Beaver
Devil's Tit F2
DT f2 x (DT f2 + Spaceghost; 2 males) (THCV)
Cindy's Rhino F1 (Greenman Organics)
CR X Boggle Dragon (THCV)
CR X BlueBerryBlast (THCV)
High Voltage F1 (Snow)
HV X BBB (THCV)
Purple Snow (thai dom) x Black Forest
Dis-Durb-Thai F1 (FWE) - Skunk x Thai x Durban
DDT x BBB (THCV)
Sugaree
OG Bubba BB x BB x Lemon Larry
Tahoe OGK x Affy f3
Purple Menace (Golden Tree)
Gorrilla Grape F2 (canna woop)
Gorrilla Grape x Gogi
Flogi
'78 Skunk f2
Dreadnought (Snow) X (Dream Beaver + Boggle Dragon + '78 Skunk; 3 males)
Quicksilver F1 (Snow)
NL5/Hz (canna woop)
GrapeFruitDiesel F2 (FWE)
Gooey (ratzilla)
Metal Malawi F2 (Greenman Organics)
Metal Malawi X Boggle Dragon (THCV)
Berry Juice x Blue Moon Shine (Cannabasour)

Clones:
Lem's BB indica
Dog Poo

Thcvhunter

Veteran
FWE's GFD:

FWE's DDT that I used to create DDT x BBB... this is a thai pheno (yes, World of Shit's Wild Thai but still a nice high):

SST (Mung, flax, barley)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Thank you

Yes, Ive been blessed by the Canna Gods to have good friends so I don't have to buy seeds (though the 'itch' is always still there to buy more seeds)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I have to wait till I can sex the plants to find out what I want to do for the Sativa crosses.... but I have 7 Purple Menace (True BB f2) sprouts so I'm excited to do a massive DJ Short bukakke bonanza:
So Purple Menace crossed to:
Cindy's Rhino [(cindy) X (Blue Rhino) x (ak 47 x peak 19)] * Blue Rhino
Cindy's Rhino x BBB [(bb x ssh)x (bb x NH)] * Blue Rhino; BB; BB
Cindy's Rhino x Boggle Dragon * Blue Rhino; Blue Rhino
Berry Juice x Blue Moonshine *BMS
Flogi *Flo
Gorrilla Grape F2
Gorrilla Grape x Gogi
High Voltage x BBB *BB; BB
OG Bubba BB x Blueberry Lemonade *BB; BB
Tahoe OGK x Affy
Lemhenko's BB indica **BB
Dawg Poo

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
here is some info on the '78 Skunk pollen I was gifted and used on some of my moms from last run:

en.**********. eu /strain-info/Mendocino_Joes_Skunk/Unknown_or_Legendary/

Thcvhunter

Veteran
No, no testing.

I was going to do the testing if I was given the 4.7% cut of JTR and then did some breeding with it, but that went sour.
If I get enough funds this summer I may do some testing - might as well while I live in a legal state.

What helped my back the most though, were GTxCC and Metal Malawi. Funny enough, they both have Malawi in them ;)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
yessir

Though the BB project is also more on the recreational/euphoric side.

I'm expecting the most relief from the Sativas and Satty hybrids.
In all the time I've used cannabis the most relief I've gotten were: (in order)
Nerve Pain / nerve spasms - JTR, Metal Malawi, GTxCC, High Voltage
Spinal Arthritis/muscle problems - GTxCC, HIgh Voltage, JTR

(it's really cool that the strains i've grown the past year -HV, GTxCC, MM - were the most effective, beating anything I ever got from a dealer or dipsensary....JTR being the only helpful strain I haven't grown)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I too find a lot of good relief in the OG/Chem/superstrain families, but the ones I mentioned work the best.
6 fucking compression fractures :/ (and thats on top of all the other shit from the surgery)

Don't get a spinal fusion!!!
If you can walk there's no need for surgery

The one strain that did nothing, and in fact I felt the most discomfort ever after smoking, was Nigerian Sunshine. I posted my experience with this strain over LivingOrganicSoil forum and MsGreendreamz promptly banned me for saying I got no pain relief from her strain and for saying that it gave me paranoia (as she is trying to sell that strain for PTSD and its bad for business; though if she really cared about Veterans then she would pass out those genetics to them for free and not make them pay).
Smoking the Nigerian Sunshine I was feeling ALL of my nerve pain, arthritis, muscle spasms, broken bones, etc.
CBG said Nigerian has the LOWEST THCV while its neighbor, Ghana, has some of the highest THCV.
I'd love to get some of CBG's Ghana (and Sudafrika) (and Ace's Zamal / Zamadelica)

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Ken's GDP - Male

Ken's GDP - Male

Howdy,

I know some of you out there don't get to see too many males, so I thought I'd share a couple.

This was given to me, from seed, as it showed sex.
I tried to get him to re-veg Outdoors but he is stubborn - he wants to make babbies.
And I can see why. Not only is he beautiful, his sacs are resinated :woohoo:

Golden Tree

Hey buddy...nice to see you over here....;)

That GDP male....is farting SERIOUS!!!

You don't find a stud like that everyday....

Pollen trades....lol...

Keep up that great work buddy... Stuff looks amazing as always...

Cheers friend...be well:)

Golden Tree

Golden Tree

One last thing...I received beans from a forum buddy labelled BBB...what is that...lol...I see you have that same strain...I know I've seen it before but can't remember...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in buddy.
Yes, I will be collecting the GDP pollen for my buddies, not myself ;)

BBB is Snowhigh's BlueBerryBlast. It's over at en. not-seed not-finder if you want to check there, Or if you check out one of Snow's threads documenting his trains its usually on the 1st or 2nd page.
BBB is one of the best polyhybrids around, if you ask me.
BBB is Blue Dream x Johnny Blaze
Blue Dream being the SSH pheno (as opposed to the neviles Haze pheno, which he used in his Pipe Dream)
Johnny Blaze was made by Red. Red chose an amazing Nevil's Haze and mated it with (I think) BB130.
So BBB is two versions of BB/haze or Blue Dream.

Now here's why we love it... there are many phenos and most are phenomenal.
My favorite keeper is the 12-14 week Johnny Blaze pheno. The one JB pheno I grew a few years back had the mottling (looked like it had acid dipped on the leaves) and the crinkling of DJ Short but the thin leaves and amazing potency of Nevils Haze.
The 8-9 Week phenos are a Blueberry plant with more head and more vigor and yield.

The only downside is with all the BB mashup thy are very succeptible to spider mites (mites love Blue genetics).

I just used my last 2 seeds of BBB last round and they were both males - so I used then on a few plants.
If you make more BBB seeds, or crosses with them, I'd love to see how they turn out ;)