What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gloryoskie

Here is the Zamaldelica:

picture.php

picture.php

Still in veg, will flip after I make some room in the flower box.
She'll get tied down and topped. Grows like crazy, even in low wattage.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 213124
And here is the top view, the bottom grid is to support the cup and keeps the screen stable and is removable so I can replace the cup
For my updates.. And make it so I can hang it if need be, (trying to think ahead this time Lo)

ok the DIY smart pot inside the yogi cup was pretty smart, now u r just showin off joe....

:thank you:

also glory, ur lil lady is lookn happy,

joe guy

ok the DIY smart pot inside the yogi cup was pretty smart, now u r just showin off joe....

:thank you:

also glory, ur lil lady is lookn happy,

Lol I can always remove the screen boss,
It's ur show now... Lol I'm a lil bitter I started using silica already
I put a good bend in one of the branches trying to weave it thru the screen... (Puckers my lips n makes a frown)
That's what I get for tryin to "show off" lol,
Come on guys smoke a fat one and stare at that cup
And make some mods... I seen some one brain storming
A aero ponic set up how's that commin along?
Think outside the box guys, bend the rules just don't breakem
Avi is NOT a rule nazi so long as u stay close to the line...
Its just for fun and bragging rites... Glory won the last in my books
But we need to have a vote this time not just get medicated...
Lets do elf proud every one even the late calls that army in it for the judging. Lets get creative I wana see atleast one super mini dwc like the beer cup challenge, I know some one is keen enough to make it happen....

joe guy

Just noticed I said the bottom grid is removable, it is not it has a hole cut in the center so I can place the cup in the hole for pic updates,
I have a second grid under that's supporting the "JOE POT" sorry for any mix up...
PLeAse ANYONE ELSE WILLING TO JOIN
Copy my set up, let's get some more brain power
On this idea, ill do step by step on how I made mine
Ur just Gona need a fast flower strain to keep up with the rest of us.
Of course it won't count this time but don't let me be the only one
To learn something new, in micro smartie pots....
Just let me know if u wana know how I did it so I don't waste my time on making a step by step if u already know how to sew

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont take the screen down, i meant u are showing off in a good way, keep up the ingenuity, as long as the roots stay within the yogi cup 6oz volume ur golden....
screen is awesome, keep it up joe, glad to see ya eggn folks on 2 grow crazy ways, but also a cup o soil can do amazing things, i remember chaco and his 6footer in the beer cup challenge one year (no joke).
one trick i use in these lil ass containers is kinda cram soil into the cup, really pack it in, lots of perlite in the peat so not removing the porosity, but get lots of peat in there for holding extra moisture....
last round i did that to my flo cross, it lived.... didnt cram the peat into the 707 clone, it dried out and died, and was always drying out first, (everyone killed it last round BTW)
so this round i crammed that medium in there good, .

joe what are them DIY smart pots maid or? red felt or something?

joe guy

Yes sir red felt I found in my fly tying kit, lol before I had kids and a wife all I did was fish... I make my own catfish bait, grand pas carp dough, fuck I even became buddy's with a dude from fish and game
And got my hands on a pretty big bag of trout chow, so I fuckin kill trout at pay lakes... I'm known as troutslayer at a few lakes, limits galore, and striper don't stand a chance wig my butter...
So I guess I'm a bit different I don't mind some elbow grease and failure.. It's fun, but yes red felt from wal mart in the craft section...

joe guy

Ill toss just a txt of he steps to make ur smartie
Take a peice of paper just taller than ur cup
And mark it tall wise
Then wrap around the cup it self
Mark again
Use ruler or not and cut said marks length and hight save ur template
Then set cup on another peice of paper and outline the bottom only
Make sure to draw aa lil bigger ill need it
Then lay ur templates down on ur fabric of choice and draw using sharpie the outline of each template
Then sew the long peice together end to end
Leaving a tag along the entire seam
Then place the circle or oval what ever shape the bottom is
And start sewing the bottom leaving the same tag along the entire
Seam.. If u haven't noticed u now have a inside out super mini smart pot...
Now u know and knowing is half the battle...(G.I. JOE)
Now there's no excuse to not see any other DIY smarties
In here please copy me and show me how's it's done
It's my first try too with bboth ideas and I'm only on my second year of growing Halloween will make it 2 years... Well the 18th to be exact lol
So to the gurus out there it's fun really and it disnt take any space at all trust me I only have 24x30 under a 400 and make room for these very easily

joe guy

dont take the screen down, i meant u are showing off in a good way, keep up the ingenuity, as long as the roots stay within the yogi cup 6oz volume ur golden....
screen is awesome, keep it up joe, glad to see ya eggn folks on 2 grow crazy ways, but also a cup o soil can do amazing things, i remember chaco and his 6footer in the beer cup challenge one year (no joke).
one trick i use in these lil ass containers is kinda cram soil into the cup, really pack it in, lots of perlite in the peat so not removing the porosity, but get lots of peat in there for holding extra moisture....
last round i did that to my flo cross, it lived.... didnt cram the peat into the 707 clone, it dried out and died, and was always drying out first, (everyone killed it last round BTW)
so this round i crammed that medium in there good, .

joe what are them DIY smart pots maid or? red felt or something?

And I'm sure they should behave like a smart pot and air prune the roots to force lateral branching and stay contained with in the felt itself..
Unless felt dosnt work like that and geo pots smarties are made of something crazy... I sure hope my plan works I did the worst thing and putt all my eggs in one basket for this one...
So I'm sure hopin it works lol

And thanks for adding to the hints and tricks to yogi comp
Lets hear some others from the last round I know others learned
Some shit too.. I sorta remember some one talking about cutting a slit in each side and running some cloth thru each side all the way thru and wicking the nutrients into the cup... I was thinking of employing this idea aswell so I don't fuck up completely and make an ass outa myself and discourage experimenting with ur garden...
Seriously it's fun guys gives u something to do every day except checking nithings clogged or tripped and just sitting there... Maybe I'm just ADHD and need shit to do lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id love to see a yogi cup ppk.....

lol joe, trout slayer.... i love catchin stripers and hybrids... used to fish my ass off also.

joe guy

Lol rangers around here depending on time of year either call me trout slayer or summer time is cat assassin lol Gota love those guys,
Mmmm cat fish chowder or pop corn trout bits
Fuckin mc Donald's bit my style and are makin millions with cheap ass pollock lol

:off2:
Yeha I know back to your regular schedule show lol sorry for side track
Ha ha ha

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey guys its been a few days since I put my freshly rooted clone in the yogi cup so I wanted to do a little update... I will probably normally do updates on the weekend though...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

I am gonna wait until it gets about 5-6" or until 3/30 then put it in the flower chamber...
Im gonna trim those very bottom internodes eventually...

Hoping this thing will turn out to be a foot long cola...or bigger...
[/FONT]

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Here's my Exodus Kush, she is loving her new home. Almost at a week into flower.

Attachments

• IMG_20130319_184950.jpg
    IMG_20130319_184950.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20130319_185005.jpg
    IMG_20130319_185005.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 19
Man this is going to be fun! got mine planted in EWC sitting in a double tub on perlite with 2 gal of water and a 6 inch airstone. Passive hydro! Will post a pic when i can figure out how!

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
AVI i still dont have a comp but will post pic soon hopfuley nice to see so much intres in the yoge

Z

Ziggaro

Damn my cup of coco ain't doing anything yet. I put the soil cup into flower already. I might end up having to get rid of the other :(

rocket1

Here my 1 week post they did not die using home depots cheapest fertilizer. Not much growth still aT 18- 24 hr .pre98 bubba right & purple chemdog left

picture.php

SOURDIESEL1

i didnt relize how small these cups are. i had to cut down the roots when i bought this clone. i really have no faith in my gsc making it. im just kicking myself for not being more carefull when i was trying to transplant her.:watchplant:

Status
Not open for further replies.