What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Durban Poison?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Grimmstone, your In luck because that grow journal exists. Click on it in my Sig to check out the sexy that is afropips Durban poison. Been flowering multiple ladies 3+ times each by this point. Still trying to get it right with them but the herb they produce is excellent for any sativa fans stash.

Did I mention they go purple?? I got my Durban and the purple strain I was looking for all in one with these seeds from afropips.

Here's a recent photo of one of my ladies. Lots more in the journal and albums.

Arf

Grimmstone, your In luck because that grow journal exists. Click on it in my Sig to check out the sexy that is afropips Durban poison. Been flowering multiple ladies 3+ times each by this point. Still trying to get it right with them but the herb they produce is excellent for any sativa fans stash.

Did I mention they go purple?? I got my Durban and the purple strain I was looking for all in one with these seeds from afropips.

Here's a recent photo of one of my ladies. Lots more in the journal and albums. https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61226&pictureid=1676475View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61226&pictureid=1676474View Image

I seem to only get purple when the temps are low, like 20C or less, is that the case with those Durbans?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I seem to only get purple when the temps are low, like 20C or less, is that the case with those Durbans?

These ladies turn purple regardless of temp. It's just low temps speed up the process. During warm months the buds still turn purple overtime, but some are purple from the get go whether warm or cool.

I do notice more purpling of the foliage during colder months though but it's the buds that really matter.

Even their offspring when paired with gn thai stick go purple late in flowering.

Arf

These ladies turn purple regardless of temp. It's just low temps speed up the process. During warm months the buds still turn purple overtime, but some are purple from the get go whether warm or cool.

I do notice more purpling of the foliage during colder months though but it's the buds that really matter.

Even their offspring when paired with gn thai stick go purple late in flowering.

I wonder if the Afropip are related to Dutch Passion Durban Poison?
They are about the same vintage. Never seen a Dutch Passion go purple, though I have only grown a few of them.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I wonder if the Afropip are related to Dutch Passion Durban Poison?
They are about the same vintage. Never seen a Dutch Passion go purple, though I have only grown a few of them.

I couldn't answer your question regarding a relationship between the two lines. It'd be all speculation if we went down that Rabbit hole.

Whatever their origins, I'm pretty happy with what I got from afropips.

Dr.King

Veteran

Here's a recent photo of one of my ladies. Lots more in the journal and albums. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61226&pictureid=1676475&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61226&pictureid=1676474&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

That is beautiful. Ace seeds also just released a Durban Poison. I already have Aces will purchase some Afropips to see the difference.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I'm gonna have to pick me up some of their DP and see what it's like. If it's ace i expect it'll be good. I'll need to search for some grow threads of it.

You may have trouble finding it. it's been out of circulation for over 5 years now. There is nguni seeds dp that claims an afropip connection but I have no clue if it's legit. Odds are the Dp they offer now is different than mine.

I have made a repro of seeds using two females, with my lone male who has shown no intersex issues. Got to cross him to my other two ladies next.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

one less pack there now , yes cannabiogen.... its the real deal i,m told . trusted source .

Last edited:
When I grew durban poison (2009) I didn't even know there were different cuts of strains. I just thought it was the only durban poison. Kinda kicking myself now because it was a really unique strain that turned purple and smelled like buttery black pepper that was high in thca. Yield was good too. I think the durban comes thru strong on the forum cut girlscout.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Dr.King the Durban Poison on the ACE website is the one by Cannabiogen.
There's also a Durban Poison version by the Tropical Seeds Company. It's currently out of stock though.

Dave are you planning on throwing some of your Afropips up on the bay by any chance?

The nguni website seems to be down and while it was still online, they used the Early Durban image by The Flying Dutchmen for their Durban variety. Does this mean that the Durban by nguni is in fact an African reproduction of the Early Durban by the Flying Dutchmen? :laughing:

View Image
View Image

There may come a day when there is some afropip Durban poison up on the bay. I'd like to donate some for server funds, and some for freebies on orders. If there is enough demand for the seeds I could see more becoming available aside from just freebies/server funds auctions.

Itd be interesting if nguni did go that route, but I think we both suspect the pic was nabbed from elsewhere and used as their own. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

mtntrogger

Veteran
Dutch Passions is excellent.

I have smoke a lot of herb in Durban and the surrounding areas and DPs version has phenos that I think compare to what you find there. some phenos are not so great, grow a bunch and select.

I have been smoking some that I harvested on sept 15 and the stuff is intense. Smells like lemon with a hint of anise in the background. buds are loose with some foxtailing.
This stuff is extremely mentally stimulating. almost difficult to handle after too much. my light weight friends could only do half a bong load and they where flying.
zero body, all head.

after a few days smoking this stuff, I had an epiphany and ended up contacting my Ex wife after six years of no contact and telling her I forgive and that I will always love her and be her friend.

that's huge for me.

this might be some of the best herb I have ever smoked, i'm not sure, anything that opens my heart and mind like that is extremely powerful. life changing.

right now I have it pollinated by some Transkei from Coffee Bay, and keeping my fingers crossed that I get some seeds from that.

I plan on ordering a bunch of packs in the future to do some selection and make more seeds

the dried buds look similar Mustafunks picture above but with a bit of foxtailing in the tips and little less red

^^^ This dude is the Durban Guru of ICmag. No bullshit

Genghis Kush

^^^ This dude is the Durban Guru of ICmag. No bullshit

Guru? LoL! Pied piper maybe more accurate.

I started 25 seeds to find the one gem!

It's a true story about my ex though and we are now friends again so I still stand behind the power of the Durban Poison!

I'm actually just starting those Durban x coffee bay seeds this week along with some more Durban Poison plus some SOA Durban and one CBG Durban plus a bunch of other stuff . Looking forward to making a lot of seeds ! This will be outdoor in a very wet environment , so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Aloha mtntrogger!

mtntrogger

Veteran
Guru? LoL! Pied piper maybe more accurate.

I started 25 seeds to find the one gem!

It's a true story about my ex though and we are now friends again so I still stand behind the power of the Durban Poison!

I'm actually just starting those Durban x coffee bay seeds this week along with some more Durban Poison plus some SOA Durban and one CBG Durban plus a bunch of other stuff . Looking forward to making a lot of seeds ! This will be outdoor in a very wet environment , so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Aloha mtntrogger!
Bro....youve been to durban and collected genetics from there, you would know legit Durban better than most. On a side note, I did enjoy some of sensi seeds durban back in like 95/96' had a buddy whos lady smuggled those beans back as well as Black Domina, Ak 47 (serious) and a few others, but those were some of the first "super dank" buds I saw and also grew. That Durban is still in my memory, very lemon/lime ..more like lime candy. Sooo Sticky and Stank....Aloha brother Genghis !

Latest posts

Latest posts