What's new

Help with Placement of scrog net???

Farmer B

I have 5 DNA lemon Walker kush in 5x5 tent. They are topped and currently 18 in tall and going to flip the light. When is best time to put up the net???? And how hi above should I do it???

wswise

I'd leave the 18" as the gap and work the top through the net for a bit. Get an even canopy now then flip. depends on how much height you have between the net and the lights. I'm not a fan of the net right at soil level, or too close. The twisting trough the net makes for lots of tops. This is a pineapple chunk I'm running now in a 5 foot tent. The gap is about 14" from the coco to the net. placed plant in middle, topped and then the top 2 nodes grown out to the corners. you get a big, fat main stem by going this way. First time I grew this plant I got about 3oz off it and all I did was top and supercrop. Then I pushed the veg out for 3 weeks into the net and I got 8oz off of a clone of the same plant, in the same tent. That is the way that I do it, others might disagree.

Attachments

• IMG_20170122_124702.jpg
    IMG_20170122_124702.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 12

Farmer B

I'd leave the 18" as the gap and work the top through the net for a bit. Get an even canopy now then flip. depends on how much height you have between the net and the lights. I'm not a fan of the net right at soil level, or too close. The twisting trough the net makes for lots of tops. This is a pineapple chunk I'm running now in a 5 foot tent. The gap is about 14" from the coco to the net. placed plant in middle, topped and then the top 2 nodes grown out to the corners. you get a big, fat main stem by going this way. First time I grew this plant I got about 3oz off it and all I did was top and supercrop. Then I pushed the veg out for 3 weeks into the net and I got 8oz off of a clone of the same plant, in the same tent. That is the way that I do it, others might disagree.
As I was reading about scrog, I guess I worded what I'm trying to do wrong. I'm just using it for support. My buds and branches get to big and I end up tying them up. Like a string to the ceiling to keep them from falling on to each other. If I put at top of plant now and flip light it will grow through it to much. I believe. That's what I'm not sure about.

wswise

Ah. More of a trellis than a scrog net, I get ya. I depends on the stretch, I would wait until that happens then place the net below the major bud sites. But that is an uniformed opinion. I use scrog net to fill my area and then yo-yo hangers to hold up the big buds. This pic isn't a scrog but you can see how i do the yo-yos

Attachments

• IMG_20170122_124807.jpg
    IMG_20170122_124807.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 11

jonhova

As I was reading about scrog, I guess I worded what I'm trying to do wrong. I'm just using it for support. My buds and branches get to big and I end up tying them up. Like a string to the ceiling to keep them from falling on to each other. If I put at top of plant now and flip light it will grow through it to much. I believe. That's what I'm not sure about.

Hi Farmer B you could tie up your plants to bamboo stakes when they get nice and fat.:)

MickFoster

Most people using nets aren't doing a scrog even though they think they are - it's merely a net/trellis for poor support. A proper scrog starts with lst-ing the plant, placing the net no more than 8" above the pot, and tucking until the end of the 3rd week of flower. That way you end up with wide plants, not too high, even canopy, and only 6" - 8" colas above the screen - but a lot of them. At 18" this would be impossible. The best you can hope for is a support trellis of some kind - not a scrog.

Latest posts

Latest posts