What's new

My 1st attempt at growing (CFL)

KushKobra

Just as the title says this is my 1st indoor grow basically made a box that sits on shelf or in a cabinet that can hold lights above the plant. The box is about 1'5" x 1'5" and using two CFL's.
For the Soil im using GardenValley Planting Compost mixed with Perlite and a bottle cap full of bone meal i mixed just enough to fill the cup you see.
I started this plant December 13 2016 and had to hide it for about a week and a half when the 1st 3 - 4 branches came out, im pretty sure the plant got too cold during that time as they got crispy and died. It was under a fluorescent tube light.
Just begging this year i was able to put it out again and it came back to life so i topped the plant and it started growing sideways. I also have been misting it now and then, i noticed some white spots and it might have been from the drops focusing light and burned the leaf. So im just waiting and stumbled across this website. Eventually i want to get a ph meter, temperature/humidity device, Carbon filter+Ducting. Right now i have a space heater in my room heating it to 77-78 and the box is open 24/7 running 24/0.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

KushKobra

Thing is its been so long (in my opinion) I dont know when i should transplant into a bigger pot, and i was told by somone adding a teaspoon of raw honey to a gallon of water helps the roots.

apathy.

Thing is its been so long (in my opinion) I dont know when i should transplant into a bigger pot, and i was told by somone adding a teaspoon of raw honey to a gallon of water helps the roots.

Don't add honey!!! There's nothing wrong with it, but it's naturally anti fungal, so it might end up killing the microorganisms in your soil. Molasses would be a better option plus it has more nutrients.

KushKobra

I am hoping i didnt water one times to many, growth has slowed and the new leafs are doing this. They are slightly crisp to the touch and ive notices some browning spots.
picture.php

Emmay_Dee

Its looking very deficient in the immobile nutrient spectrum. Im an organic soil grower so deficient is not in my vocab. But i do know that too much calcium ties up a whole lot of trace element which are highly immobile. Too much bone meal. and if theres enough to raise the ph enough that will in turn tie up iron. The only way to remedy calcium toxicity is too leech and boost nitrogen

jonhova

My suggestion for your poor plant

My suggestion for your poor plant

For the Soil im using GardenValley Planting Compost mixed with Perlite and a bottle cap full of bone meal i mixed just enough to fill the cup you see.
:nono::nono:

Bone meal burns plants pretty bad. I did this exact same thing when i used kelloggs pro plus organic and the guano was too hot for young plants.

If i can suggest a better soil mix for organics that is CHEAP

Base soil mix: (taken from "mountainorganics" on the GC forums) https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening-revisited.1400505/

1:1:1: CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss) : Pumice/Lava rock : Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area. Avoid time release fertilizer. Eco scraps is a cheap one at home depot.

Amended per cuF with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
https://buildasoil.com/products/crab-meal
1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulfur source)

buildasoil.com sells all those ingredients and the rest you can get on amazon or your local nursery/hardware store.

The super cheap:biggrin: way of fixing you soil is grab some kelp meal and promix with aeration of perlite and boom you should be good.

Emmay_Dee

the bone meal made it hot. The calcium locked out most the trace elements. And if your talking about using your own piss to remedy thats badass!

~Hell Yea~

Latest posts

Latest posts