What's new

Can I just turn down my light percentage to foliar spray

Farmer B

I have 5 plants on 24/0 4 weeks into veg. Was going to start flower but need some mag in them. I have 1000 watt with dimmable ballast can I just turn the percentage down to 40% and spray them or should I keep them outside of the tent but still in the light what's the best technique

T

TrueReligion

Hey man I have a 1000W and a 9 or 10 foot ceiling so I just raise or lower depending on what I need but a dimmable ballast is very good it'll extend the life of your bulb by using it on lower wattages.

You'll still experience burn even though you can't see it as quickly as per if the light was 2 feet away full brightness but it is able to damage and stress her over time.

Always so lights off foliar spray or where the lights not bright enough to burn 40% of 1000watts is still 400watts so she will burn on water spots. They act like tiny magnifying glasses for your light

Farmer B

Hey man I have a 1000W and a 9 or 10 foot ceiling so I just raise or lower depending on what I need but a dimmable ballast is very good it'll extend the life of your bulb by using it on lower wattages.

You'll still experience burn even though you can't see it as quickly as per if the light was 2 feet away full brightness but it is able to damage and stress her over time.

Always so lights off foliar spray or where the lights not bright enough to burn 40% of 1000watts is still 400watts so she will burn on water spots. They act like tiny magnifying glasses for your light
What about rite out side the tent with it open so it's not direct. I don't want it to bloom yet? Or 40% at 4 feet away

T

TrueReligion

It'll only bloom if it receives more than 12hrs of darkness in a day. Unless it's an auto or the strain is known to be more photo period sensitive. It shouldn't flower for 15-30 minutes of lights off

40% at 4 feet still will burn a little especially if it's direct, indirect not so much but it'll still affect her overtime. the time to see damage is just slightly extended since it's further away from the bulb.

I Foliar feed 1-4x a day where
I will turn the lights off it's easier when they're sprouts since I can just take the whole tray out and spray but now they're in 1-5 gallons jugs so
Lights off.
Otherwise I'll see damage.
Here's how mine currently look with 16 main colas forming

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 12

Farmer B

It'll only bloom if it receives more than 12hrs of darkness in a day. Unless it's an auto or the strain is known to be more photo period sensitive. It shouldn't flower for 15-30 minutes of lights off

40% at 4 feet still will burn a little especially if it's direct, indirect not so much but it'll still affect her overtime. the time to see damage is just slightly extended since it's further away from the bulb.

I Foliar feed 1-4x a day where
I will turn the lights off it's easier when they're sprouts since I can just take the whole tray out and spray but now they're in 1-5 gallons jugs so
Lights off.
Otherwise I'll see damage.
Here's how mine currently look with 16 main colas forming

Ok thank you