What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noob questions

SnucksOG

Hey, after the seeds are germinated and I stick them in dirt, do I start the 18/6 light cycle then? Or do I keep them in dark till they poke through the dirt.... Cause I have already stuck them under my 315w CMH light since I put them in dirt 15 hours ago... I guess its something I overlooked while studying before my first grow... Did I ruin/hurt these girls?

Jaqen H'gar

they will be fine either way (as long as they don't dry out!).

if you think about it, no one is turning the light off for them in the wild.

SnucksOG

Hey, after the seeds are germinated and I stick them in dirt, do I start the 18/6 light cycle then? Or do I keep them in dark till they poke through the dirt.... Cause I have already stuck them under my 315w CMH light since I put them in dirt 15 hours ago... I guess its something I overlooked while studying before my first grow... Did I ruin/hurt these girls?
is the light too high?

Attachments

• 0111172331.jpg
    0111172331.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 13

Fuel

The quantity of light doesn't matter, the more the better in vegetative stage in each stage. At the moment you don't cook them with the heat of the bulbs.

What generally destroy seedlings is :
- a soil/medium compacted
- a medium soaked to the saturation (using little pot avoid it)
- dirty hands/bacterias when you put the seeds

Floridian

Veteran
Ive never done it I have always germinated on 18/6 but it seems to me the seedling may want to stretch searching for a light source