What's new

Hermie or possible pollinated???

joe schmo

This is my first go around with a new strain and not sure if these are hermies or not. I've been growing the same strain for years and never seen anything like this on them. A more experienced opinion and a second set of eyes to take a look. hopefully the pics show up and are clear enough to see. Any help would be appreciated. I'm 4 weeks into flower with a few new strains and only 1 of them looks like this. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 9

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I am also doing several new strains and if what I think I see is the same as some of my buds then I am curious how yours turn out.

Hard green calyx like parts have appeared but no bananas releasing pollen. A few, maybe five per quarter pound, develop a seed. This is not enough to be a problem and all are sativa hybrid. When I used to grow sativa I almost always had random seeds.
Currently I am blaming genetics but my sample size is like 3 out of 6000 advertised strains so I really have no clue at all.

Unless male parts actually appear I would wait and watch.

joe schmo

Thanks for the 1 reply. Lol. Got about 10 days left and haven't noticed any seeds in the buds yet. This is my first run with feminized seeds so really wasn't sure if they were Hermie or not. also running 10 different strains. No obvious bananas that I've seen. Few seed pods under the bud have some seeds growing but not too worried about that. My best guess is that it is just the way the bud looks, it's just different from what I've been running.

wswise

you have a lot more than 10 days to go from that picture, the hairs haven't even turned dark yet. i don't see any nanners in the pic.

Dakine

Veteran
I have the exact same things on one of my colas. Its near the top of the cola but not at the very top like yours. I dont have as much either. I saw them about 2 weeks ago, and ive been watching them almost everyday. I can hardly even see them anymore, they got swallowed by more calyxes and white pistils.. Since the pistils are all completely white, I doubt they where sacks and released pollen..

What does your girl look like now? Shes around her 7th week of flowering right now, correct?