What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

passive air intakes in tents: Leave them open?

I have 2 standard passive intakes in the bottom of my tent. Obviously when they are rolled up light is pouring out of them.

Is this acceptable, or do you guys generally use custom solutions?

X

xavier7995

I set mine up so the open vents face the back wall. It's more about keeping light out than in.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
don't really want light seeping in through the vents in the night cycle. So depending on your situation with light cycles you may want to close them. Especially if you have more than one tent side by side on different light cycles.

My buddy closes and tapes them shut. He made a box with a filter and attached it to the 6" duct port on the bottom as a passive intake. Then uses a fan in the 6" for active exhaust.

Thanks guys. No light is getting into the tent during dark. I did not realize that this was the primary concern. I could have sworn I read that there was a significant risk of hermie if you have light leaking out during lights-on. Maybe I misread that.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Latest posts