What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Same day and night parameters an issue?

mikeross

What would be the negative effects if all environmental parameters were the same during day and night cycles?

Temps, humidity, Co2 etc all at the same levels....

JKD

Veteran
Sorry for an indirect response but:

Search 'Greenhouse DIF' or 'Greenhouse zero DIF'

To answer your Q in a nutshell; suboptimal growth. Not catastrophic, not markedly so, just not optimal.

Last edited:

Azeotrope

Veteran
Sorry for an indirect response but:

Search 'Greenhouse DIF' or 'Greenhouse zero DIF'

To answer your Q in a nutshell; suboptimal growth. Not catastrophic, not markedly so, just not optimal.

Why spread false info? Stem elongation is generally reduced when day/light time temps are closer to equal or less than night. Temperature manipulation can be quite beneficial.

JKD

Veteran
Why spread false info? Stem elongation is generally reduced when day/light time temps are closer to equal or less than night. Temperature manipulation can be quite beneficial.

?

The OP asked about negative effects, not benefits. The potential negative effect is that optimal plant growth occurs when there is a +ve DIF, therefore creating either a -ve or a zero DIF will mean growth is sub-optimal. Not catastrophic, not markedly so, just not optimal.

Last edited:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Until this year, my garden ran at night. Dark during the day. Couldn't work at night as well, anymore, so we switched. Other than having more time to manage the plants, I don't notice a difference in the grow. YMMV

Simon

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
opinion

opinion

Where I live it gets hot and one can't grow indoors unless its Fall or Winter. Even in the Fall, the indoor garden has to be grown at night. Many times the day and night temps were out of sequence. Also the daily wet to dry atmosphere (dewpoint) and relative humidity were out of sequence. There's nothing I could do about it, without costing more than what it was worth in the long run. I can truly say the negative results from the night gardens in the past were more resin and more potent buds than commonly grown plants. They're more work but worth the trouble.

ButterflyEffect

I've always run my rooms with very little delta between day and night for temp and humidity. Never had any issues, but I can't speak to whether or not there's a detriment as I've not done any side by sides. I can't really change anything as my arduinos aren't currently programmed with a clock so it's all the same. Some day I might just reprogram them for more functionality and see what comes of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts