What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

toxic masculinity

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Confusing - it is indeed - does one help the other ? - is psychosis helped along by toxic masculinity ? - does it need testosterone to reveal itself? - does psychosis+testosterone = toxic masculinity? -

- interesting questions - the answers we shall seek -

- Liberal teachers? - the only politics from teachers I can remember was Mr Marshall, the maths teacher who mentioned Enoch Powell once and Mrs Mc Ennis who was rather fond of Ted Heath -

hey pinky, your confusing psychotic behavior with the natural biological presence of testosterone in men ..just because someone has testosterone doesn't mean they are toxic, no matter what your liberal teachers taught you...

the difference is when someone crosses a real man , the real man stands up and confronts the issue head on, whereas the soy boy low test male when faced with the same situation turns tail and goes and tells Karen in HR and has her take care of the issue thru the back channels ...

X

xavier7995

Real men, like wrasslers.

picture.php

i actually believe environmental pollutants have infiltrated our population and drastically altered the hormones of our population, we are seeing a drastic and rapid feminizing of our male population , high numbers of gender dystopia( or whatever they call it )

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
my argument is against labeling all males as toxic.

what so bad about holding back your tears if you fall and hurt yourself? you think my nephues would be the skating pros they are without developing some toughness to deal with the hundreds of times they fall off the board trying new tricks?

might want to think about that before you feminize all your men in the US.

woman are the ones who chose the strong male as a partner and not the weak cry baby. i wonder why?

i don't think you have much experience in the world of dating, in general the woman is the queen. she chooses her partner. if anyone forces her the full force of the law comes down on the person, rightly.

in the end woman shouldnt feel the need to be subservient and males shouldn't expect subservience from woman.

all you realy need to understand is that ALL humans should have equal rights. lets strive for that noble goal in a unified way. don't split us up into degrading labels.

the ideal relationship is when they are partners in life, when each partner makes the other a better person, where each works to his or her strength to make their common lives better.
you make a lotta assumptions.

i would never label males as generally toxic, that's not my point.

i skate, i have a few scabs right now and i havent cried from physical pain in many years, i don't even remember when that was. you're right about skating, you get the fuck back up and try again... but know when to stop, like when i hurt my neck... or when i broke my big toe and kept skating day after day till i realized it wasn't healing. no shame in knowing your own limits.

but i don't hide my emotions to appear more macho. and my girlfriends (not counting casual sex encounters) have typically chosen me, or things just fell into place.

all people should have equal rights, and it's fair to discuss topics where there might be division.

and i agree with your views on ideap relationships.

i would consider myself an average guy, i'll fight when i need to, but i dont hide my emotions for cool guy factor and i don't act like a bitch and try and get aggressive and fight ppl when someone insults me.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i didn't cry at my dad's funeral... i was mad as fuck at our relationship and his death, held it in for years. it took a long time and a serious acid trip.

not healthy.

therapy ftw.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
in the end im not saying toxic males dont exist nor am i saying the there are not many masculine traits that really are toxic. i just don't accept the way the term in question, generalizes all men as toxic.

why not refer to it, as masculine toxisity if you want a collective term for the negative masculine aspects. i know it seems the same thing, but it's not. its not collective in the same way as talking about toxic masculinity.

any logical human knows males have bad traits as well as good, so no arguing that some typical male behavior is toxic.

i deffinetly think its important for a real man to also be able to empathise and show emotion when appropriate. i'm sure i will be a crying mess on the sad day of losing a loved one. but i hope that i won't turn tail and run crying if someone attacks my family. so again we have to differentiate between situations, when is it manly to cry? some will say never? again, the ladies don't seem too impressed by males that break down crying too often, lol.

All you need to do here is research the 101 origins of the term, its' utilization geographically (IE, Western Europe/New World/white gentile populations, exclusively) and complete your research with a quick bibliography check.

The originators and propagators of the term reads like a Tel Aviv telephone book. Trivialize that fact as you wish.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
to me "masculine toxicity" sounds more generally negative toward guys than "toxic masculinity", but the idea is that these traits are common even in today's societies and even praised.

another thing, back to the females' side of it, even doctors often have a hard time believing them; it's very common and i'll bet you guys have some friends and relatives with interesting stories about this phenomenon.

check out the subreddit two x chromosomes

'Boogieman'

to me "masculine toxicity" sounds more generally negative toward guys than "toxic masculinity", but the idea is that these traits are common even in today's societies and even praised.

another thing, back to the females' side of it, even doctors often have a hard time believing them; it's very common and i'll bet you guys have some friends and relatives with interesting stories about this phenomenon.

More pushups bro...

Attachments

• cb7cc316437933c5b816916b309e90ab6eb589ff_1_600x778.jpg
    cb7cc316437933c5b816916b309e90ab6eb589ff_1_600x778.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 25

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
so because an issue doesn't matter to a majority, we shouldn't even acknowledge it? great logic, boogie... wait till the dumb ass bullshit you care about is a minority.

i'll still be there fighting along side of you for YOUR rights, even though i think they're fucking stupid.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

hm...thats not how it works. language works by rules, not feelings.

the way i suggested we say it; we are talking about negative traits that are typically male. which is what i think you were using the term for.

the way you and the twiteratti say it, we are tarring the whole of masculinity with the wide brush of being toxic.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
if language works like you say it does, what about my "blue cars" example from earlier?

no doubt, that must be tarring the whole of the automobile industry with a wide brush dipped in blue paint?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if language works like you say it does, what about my "blue cars" example from earlier?

no doubt, that must be tarring the whole of the automobile industry with a wide brush dipped in blue paint?

im completely lost what relationship the above coment has to the discussion about how to classify bad behaivior, without abusing the inocent of said bad behavior in the process.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i was thinking we were discussing the semantics involved in conveying the idea, in a single phrase/ label, without it being so convoluted that it loses meaning.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i was thinking we were discussing the semantics involved in conveying the idea, in a single phrase/ label, without it being so convoluted that it loses meaning.

ahh i see. interesting conversation. i generally mistrust slogans, i want more substance to make my decisions on.

its funny how a 2 worded phrase consisting of the same basic 2 words isn't good enough, apparently 2 words is too convoluted. but your 2 words are perfect so never mind if the whole male population is insulted in the process, they will just have to suck it up yes?

as i said, its been interesting, for a slight moment i thought we were actually getting some where. more fool me. still, its cool you didnt resort to insults and name calling.

i will say one last thing, in a last ditch attemtp to show you the lack of wisdome in your choice of label.

whats good for the goose is good for the gander. or another one, what goes around comes around.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
lol toxic masculinity does not define all masculinity as toxic but rather adds additional classification to the word masculinity.

THUS toxic masculinity refers to masculinity that is toxic in nature.

By the merits posted in Gypsy's info graphic, misinterpreting this term makes everyone who didn't understand it come off like low t nincompoops.

stoner thoughts are like farts, every one likes their own brand the best no matter how foul it smells to everyone else

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
*edit* ^^^ weird is making some good points that i like

the same thing happens in the black lives matter discussion; people get hung up on the semantics, it has to be explained that the "also" is implied, "why don't all lives matter?", etc... and the overarching point is missed.

i believe my point is lost to an unneeded strawman fallacy; i don't think all men are scum, and i myself have done some nasty things, sent some unsolicited dick pics in my day, etc... made some bad gambles, even ones that ended up in my favor.

all i want is for people to look critically at their feelings/ words/ actions and those of the people around them; am i contributing to rape culture by making an insensitive joke and making light of serious topics? am i acting condescending toward a woman (or anyone) and making her feel like shit? etc etc etc

'Boogieman'

all i want is for people to look critically at their feelings/ words/ actions and those of the people around them; am i contributing to rape culture by making an insensitive joke and making light of serious topics? am i acting condescending toward a woman (or anyone) and making her feel like shit? etc etc etc

You remind me of one of those guys who be like "I don't understand why she left me bro, I was being super nice to her..." LOL.