What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you ever got no trichomes from elite strain ?

Hi there !
Sorry for the funny question, but for me it happened some times for unknown reasons. Fortunately most a the time it did not happen.
I think it's an environnement issue during late veg / first 2 weeks of 12/12. I'm not sure.
I just changed location, new grow room, first grow in it, same technics as usual, but temp, light, and RH were maybe not optimal, plants are quite smaller and i've got buds with no trichomes on them, 4 weeks of 12/12 on a 8/9 weeker and i worry.
Could you share your experience?

A virus ? Never heard of it, but in fact my crop has dudded i would say...But i don't see pictures or symptoms...

Edit : I read a french version of this news, and i could think it is the dudding, but i don't think it is a virus in my grow room, because i grow only from seeds (no clones) and my grow tents and hardware have been used during a year or so,

Thanks for the info

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
it can be caused by root issues, that also can come from several reasons.. from root aphids to root rot, molds, bacterias, toxic nutrient and or ph levels blabla..

hyposomniac

You said you are growing from seeds.. so you are growing the offspring of elites. That's what I do, and there's a lot of shitty plants mixed in the offspring, in my experience.

MindEater

You said you are growing from seeds.. so you are growing the offspring of elites. That's what I do, and there's a lot of shitty plants mixed in the offspring, in my experience.

Yup, buying seeds from pot forum "breeders" is like playing the lotto. Can't wait til Monsanto puts out some real Skunk.

Grapefruitroop

Or probably we have to wait Monsanto to have some real stable genetics and some REAL breeders, people that SELECT genetics and cross em.... because also the "reputable breeders" mainstream that sells thousands of dollars of random polyhybrids are completely lacking in breeders skills....the result is very much a bunch of mixed pheno..most dudding...

Yes you're right. I remember an AK47 grow from serious seeds, ex reputable breeders. The buds had shapes i haven't seen before. Really strange for cannabis.

I've been impressed only by 2 strains in the last 10 years. It's not only a matter of trichomes, some have plenty and don't hit that much.
Much less smell also...

In my present case, i suspect more a : too much RH, not enough light (and heat maybe) in the early flowering. And they don't recover even after good treatments.

I don't know...

Now they've got trichomes, many, look good, i had just to wait...Just not enough buds...

Attachments

• fast diesel.jpg
    fast diesel.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 20