What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Ardo38z.jpg

jH7Pfgw.jpg

jHAl9Ag.jpg

9zQWWYF.jpg

p2e0sRU.jpg

St. Phatty

Saw my first pistils of the 2020 season. On some 4 week old seedlings.

Got a few more 30 degree nights. I think that would probably be OK with the plants. Especially if I covered them with a box or something.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Saw my first pistils of the 2020 season. On some 4 week old seedlings.

Got a few more 30 degree nights. I think that would probably be OK with the plants. Especially if I covered them with a box or something.

The dangerous thing is the morning dew. A long as they're covered you should be good.

St. Phatty

Maybe 20 times this season, the National Weather Service predicted rain.

and there was no rain.

Again last night, the outdoor cat's food dish is completely dry.

Silver Lining = all that exercise I get doing bucket watering !!! :woohoo:

Sunshineinabag

im new to the outdoor game, lots of sweet corn being grown nearby......I have several areas i used to enjoy but homeless encampments have popped up there..........recon next spot tomarrow

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
im new to the outdoor game, lots of sweet corn being grown nearby......I have several areas i used to enjoy but homeless encampments have popped up there..........recon next spot tomarrow
Just a heads up. Sweet corn is short. If you put the Boreal Lights in, make sure you top them early at about 2' to keep them at about 4 or 5 feet. Also note that sweet corn is harvested very early. You really want to plant in "cow corn".

Sunshineinabag

Just a heads up. Sweet corn is short. If you put the Boreal Lights in, make sure you top them early at about 2' to keep them at about 4 or 5 feet. Also note that sweet corn is harvested very early. You really want to plant in "cow corn".

farmer is on board with the garden details.....all he uses are compost ferts .....im most worried about hemp male cultivars throwing pollen from folks yards upwind

St. Phatty

attachment.php

OOPS

oh yeah

it gets cold at nights.

Put them outdoors yesterday with the best of intentions.

Now moved them back indoors under a 500 watt LED, mixed 3000K/5000K color temp.

Will they survive ? Gosh I hope so. Temps got into the high 20's in degrees F.

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_102015_frozen.jpg
    IMG_20200301_102015_frozen.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 35

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Oh oh. Hard to tell. I dropped off a tray of 50 4 week old seedlings at a spot last spring. 10 didn't come back from the frost.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I hope 2020 bless all the ganja farmers out there!

This year I will use the same spot as the previous 2 years, got a bunch of crosses from last year I will be running... Purple Sourlite and Maroc Lynx (Blazing Cultivars Genetics) along with some Purple Satellites f2s... I also got a bunch of f2's from a few seeds, the 88g13 crosses all did great last year outdoors with great mold resistance, so I might go with some of those...

All these strains should be early finishers and mold resistant! I will be growing just above 50N, weather after September is all rain and no sun!

Peace!

Darpa

DARPA - QC.47N - 2020 OUTDOOR GROW

DARPA - QC.47N - 2020 OUTDOOR GROW

Hi folks, interesting thread!
I'll jump in with my DARPA - QC.47N - 2020 OUTDOOR GROW:

Strains:

BKGW - (Biker Kush x Gorilla Wreck) - Darpa
Sweet BKGW - (BKGW x The Sweeties) - Darpa
OZKZ - (Zkittles x OG Kush Breath) - HSO
The New (Jurassic cut) - (Larry Og x GSC sherbinski cut) - HSO
The Swetties - (White Tahoe Cookies x Face Off BX1) - Archive

Plants will undergo a 6 months indoor vegetative grow before transfering outdoor in begining june.

The plants are about 3 to 3.5 feets tall right now. I'll have to top them several time before june because I want to keep them 6 feets tall max in the grow room.

Here is a comparaison of the growth structure of The New (on the left) compare to the BKGW (on the right)

Here is my BKGW from last year

Darpa

St. Phatty

attachment.php

FROZEN SOLID, then brought indoors.

wasn't planning to learn this particular part of Cannabis growing.

But ignorring the weather has its costs.

They're looking better Monday morning. Pic was taken Sunday afternoon.

Was going to go ahead and cut the top, thinking it might be dead tissue anyway. But will just keep watching them.

The growing tips are alive, showing photo-tropism - growing towards the light.

Cross my fingers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_180129_FROST.jpg
    IMG_20200301_180129_FROST.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 31

St. Phatty

attachment.php

I cut the tips off 3 or 4 of the 6 females.

Finally got a picture of one of the plants that did better with the freezing process.

That one branch is genuinely alive.

Now I want to try an experiment - take some of the clones and put them in the freezer for a month.

These were only frozen for 4 to 8 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_102419_FROZEN.jpg
    IMG_20200302_102419_FROZEN.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200302_123422_FROZEN.jpg
    IMG_20200302_123422_FROZEN.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 31

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
View Image

I cut the tips off 3 or 4 of the 6 females.

Finally got a picture of one of the plants that did better with the freezing process.

That one branch is genuinely alive.

Now I want to try an experiment - take some of the clones and put them in the freezer for a month.

These were only frozen for 4 to 8 hours.
A month? lol.

That one looks like it'll recover.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hi folks, interesting thread!
I'll jump in with my DARPA - QC.47N - 2020 OUTDOOR GROW:

Strains:

BKGW - (Biker Kush x Gorilla Wreck) - Darpa
Sweet BKGW - (BKGW x The Sweeties) - Darpa
OZKZ - (Zkittles x OG Kush Breath) - HSO
The New (Jurassic cut) - (Larry Og x GSC sherbinski cut) - HSO
The Swetties - (White Tahoe Cookies x Face Off BX1) - Archive

Plants will undergo a 6 months indoor vegetative grow before transfering outdoor in begining june.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81655&pictureid=2014282&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The plants are about 3 to 3.5 feets tall right now. I'll have to top them several time before june because I want to keep them 6 feets tall max in the grow room.

Here is a comparaison of the growth structure of The New (on the left) compare to the BKGW (on the right)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81655&pictureid=2014283&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Here is my BKGW from last year

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78459&pictureid=1963571&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78459&pictureid=1968540&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78459&pictureid=1978421&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Darpa

6 months of veg? Wow.

How big are they when you put them out?
How do you avoid root bound plants? Smart pots?

Darpa

6 months of veg? Wow.

How big are they when you put them out?
How do you avoid root bound plants? Smart pots?

Hi MychoMonolyth,
Last year they were about 3.5 feets height from the ground when I put them outside. For this 2020 outdoor project, they will be put outside at the end of the first week of june…arout the 7th of june (before that, at 47N lattitude, the growth is stopped and flip to flo, then struggle to veg again…… I had some years of experience in my back and I learned at the hard way... )

BTW, MychoMonolyth, we grow in the same environnement.. I got a HC licence, so this year i'll be ok to grow more and bigger plants... Also, I have many thousands of seeds of OGs#GSC cross addapted for northern climate..... free shit just to share with friends.

for yours questions:

In orther to avoid root bound, I re-pot them every few weeks… right now, I re-pot the girls 3 times and they are now in 10-12 litters pots, except the Jurassic OG that is in a 30L++++ pot (bad idea when it's time to move her in my car… it looked like I was riding with a dead body all wrapped on the passenger seet)

So this year, the girls will be topped several time to avoid them to reach 8 feets before the outdoor growing time.. I expect them to have between 30 to 60 main branches+++, and at a height of about 6+ feets when I'll transfert them outside into douzen of thousand litters of good soil…

I'll document the grow if you guy are interested! From multi topping, re-poting, soil preration, treilli and caging, organic fertilisation and irigation... until harvest...

This outdoor growth will be 9 legal monsters plant grow in Qc-Canada....

Darpa

Darpa

Hey MchoMonolyth!
I don't know what is the genetics you are growing in Ontario.ca: but I would be very interrested to know.... I've been working in adapting genetic to northern climate, spending years of work, form old school SSSC M39, freezeLand, to modern GG4, GSC & OG lines.....

Feel free to share your experiences with me...

Cheer,

Darpa