What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Does anybody know where I can order the fern leaf seeds, preferably femminised that has good germination rate and sends to Australia?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
A similar plant from a cross I work::

BC1, the F2 03 02 x SL.jpg

BC1, the F2 03 02 x Sensi Star x NYCD

Culled.

From my thread https://www.icmag.com/threads/bagseed-x-nycd-x-sensi-star.294775/page-33

grod31

Veteran
Anybody working with Freakshow/ In-fern-ho?
This plant is bloody memorizing.

Last edited:

TheGoblinKing

Fern-leaf mutants weren't created by shapeshifter or max... they just used humboltd seed co to piggy back off to sell someone else craftwork. If you ask them directly what the lineage is they will tell you this long story that makes no sense.. somehow "freakshow" is related to perry the monk and holy sur is complete BS. There are several different websites that have completely different origin stories . I only know of one person who creates legit mutants and he claims they are cannabis x humulus

grod31

Veteran
1 month since I discovered and started looking for this strain.
Here is a baby freak at 12 hours of life. ;0)

Attachments

• FSD.5.jpeg
    FSD.5.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 21

grod31

Veteran
So, When crossing these freakshows together or to new photo sensitive strains whats the genetic probability of the offspring?

Popey

Veteran
Freakshow x Freakshow = 100% offspring with freakshow leaves

F1 Freakshow x non-Freakshow = 0% offspring with freakshow leaves
F2 Freakshow x non-Freakshow = 25% offspring with freakshow leaves

If you would like to get Freakshow autoflowering:

F1 Freakshow x auto non-Freakshow = 0% offspring with freakshow leaves and autoflowering
F2 Freakshow x auto non-Freakshow = 1/16 offspring with freakshow leaves and autoflowering

grod31

Veteran
thank you for clarification

After breeding freakshow and non freakshow zero % of the children show the expression.

After crosing those genes. You would need to germinate 100 plants to get roughly 25% freaks.
Then you cross those two f2 freaks and get 100% freak f3
Thank you .

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Kwik seeds
Thanks mate will keep it in mind, another member suggested 7 East Genetics which I went with and had great customer service from them, haven't planted any yet as I received them too late in the season so don't know their germination rate yet.

CaptainDankness

Fern-leaf mutants weren't created by shapeshifter or max... they just used humboltd seed co to piggy back off to sell someone else craftwork. If you ask them directly what the lineage is they will tell you this long story that makes no sense.. somehow "freakshow" is related to perry the monk and holy sur is complete BS. There are several different websites that have completely different origin stories . I only know of one person who creates legit mutants and he claims they are cannabis x humulus
Looks like Shapeshifter started his own seed company now Hi-Elevation Genetics. They claim the genetics are (Bigbud x Skunk#1) x (Big Sur Holy Weed x Banana Kush) supposed to be an F7. Not really 100% sure on the legitimacy, just found the website googling for Freak Show as I noticed Humboldt Seed Company no longer has it for sale.

Definitely thinking about grabbing a pack and making some F8's lol, mostly because a lot of genetics end up getting lost, just look at Humboldt Seed Company, discontinued most of the regular seed lines and are now trying to push triploids and auto fems on people. Definitely all set giving them money now.

CaptainDankness

Even if Humboldt Seed Company gets a patent, the patent really only protects against people making money off their genetics.

I don't know how they'd even enforce it since cannabis is still illegal on the federal level.
Which is now why they're coming out with Triploids. Lol, certainly hope that doesn't become popular like fem seeds. Can only hope they lose a lot of customers over that.

Lebanizer

someone growing kwikseeds freakshow?
It usually looks like it's going to have problems with moisture. this genetic.
I would like to find the thinnest leaf pheno seems to be the most sativa and its correct leaf shape to play with sativas and polyhybrids, so do you recommend the Humboldt seed company Freakshow package or on the other hand berryfreak;
I tried to but ran into germination problems. Only one seed sprouted and the germling stalled and died. Angus diligently replaced my pack so now I'm still waiting for an opportunity to give it a second chance. The seeds though were freakishly white while those from HSC look normal and healthy from the pictures I've seen online.

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
I have the impression that Freakshow seeds have a lot of trouble germinating. When I sprouted my HSC package, it also took a long time. When I created Freakshow x C'99, first F1 and then F2, in F2 the seeds that gave rise to plants with a freak leaf were the last to germinate.