What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not sure what the problem is...

picture.php

I have no idea what is wrong with my garden, started to notice a little chlorosis a couple weeks back, figured I might be overwaterring so I stepped it back from twice/week to once/week, but they continued to get worse, I then figured they might be hungry, so I gave them some Alaska Fish Fertilizer (5-1-1) with some ReCharge, Bokashi water & LABs...that was Sunday, it's now Tuesday and they still don't seem to be recovering...does anyone have any ideas for me?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I would try to transplant them into a larger container and see if that fixes the problem. A lot of times, if plants want some bigger shoes, if they have a slight nutrient problem it compounds it. Also, have you been adjusting the pH of your feeds?

zeke99

What are we looking at in terms of lighting, on/off schedule for lights, leaf surface temperature, temperature in the grow room if/when lights are off and the grow medium?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
New soil in new pots. Some people can grow in cups. I can't. Not even small pots. They all die on me. Just like yours are doing.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
New soil in new pots. Some people can grow in cups. I can't. Not even small pots. They all die on me. Just like yours are doing.
I went with a 4" square pot for early veg. I didn't like beer cups either (too deep). A lot of "coco gear" doesn't translate well to normal soils IMHO.

BabTaHerbless

I would try to transplant them into a larger container and see if that fixes the problem. A lot of times, if plants want some bigger shoes, if they have a slight nutrient problem it compounds it. Also, have you been adjusting the pH of your feeds?

I'll second you. Absolutly

Anyway, can't really think that ph will keep on a stable value in a so small pots.

all the best

Good luck Phil

DJXX

Veteran
Are you anal bout your PH...maybe your pen needs calibrated or even a new one...it maybe the container... and it may be the coco...did you check the runoff of the new coco...there are several possibilities...if it were me I would first give it a flush and check the ph of the runoff, you might find the culprit there...then maybe 50% strength feeding...not sure but a larger container didn't help me with a similar prob....the ph was the key for me..best of luck....DXX

G

Gauss

Looks like they are burned, maybe the soil is too nute hot. They will wilt from overwatering. Never seen anything die from a small container myself, though they will get stunted and massively set back the closer they get to being root bound.

DJXX

Veteran
it looked like they were in coco by the pic...so i gave you some coco precautions...if they aren't in coco then disregard the coco advice..but PH is almost always the culprit from my experience...stay dialed in with your PH pen..again best of luck finding the answer..DJXX

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
View Image

I have no idea what is wrong with my garden, started to notice a little chlorosis a couple weeks back, figured I might be overwaterring so I stepped it back from twice/week to once/week, but they continued to get worse, I then figured they might be hungry, so I gave them some Alaska Fish Fertilizer (5-1-1) with some ReCharge, Bokashi water & LABs...that was Sunday, it's now Tuesday and they still don't seem to be recovering...does anyone have any ideas for me?
It looks like it could be a lot of things, however it looks most like some kind of fungal infection, like mildew or leaf septora.

What is the airflow like? Perhaps the plants are also too close to the wall.

What plants need, from seed through veg is:

- 0.4 EC of bloom food BioSevia, Canna, etc. (2-3-4, 5-10-10), something with less nitrogen than phosphorus and potassium
- 0.1 EC of epsom salt for magnesium
- some lightly fertilized soil to grow into. Or coco coir.
- unfiltered tapwater (depending on your water of course) from a saucer or watering blanket (easier). (Let the water stand in it's container for at least a few hours so the temperature is the same as the plants', and much of the chloride can evaporate.)

That way you are stimulating root growth - bigger roots means less nutrient deficiency. And the K stimulates strong stems and branches. The Mg keeps the foliage green and phototropic. Constant water supply means constant nutrients, because plants need moisture to absorb nutrients from the soil.

Looks like they are burned, maybe the soil is too nute hot.

Highly doubtful, it's just LC's Base Mix, didn't even receive any nutes until Sunday, after it was already showing symptoms for a week.

Just out of curiosity, you have drain holes in your cups right?

That's not a serious question right? You really think the plants would lived this long without any drainage?

Are you anal bout your PH...maybe your pen needs calibrated or even a new one...it maybe the container... and it may be the coco...did you check the runoff of the new coco.

Sorry for the confusion, but, I'm in LOS, not Coco, specifically LC's Mix...I'll whip out the PH strips and make sure that's okay manually.

What are we looking at in terms of lighting, on/off schedule for lights, leaf surface temperature, temperature in the grow room if/when lights are off and the grow medium?

Two T5 lamps and a supplemental LED light...on a 16/8 schedule, grow room & leaf temps are ~75°+/-, Living Organic Soil LC's Mix (which is why I didn't initially think it was a PH issue).

G

Gauss

Yea, probably not nute burn then.

What strain and what are your temps and humidity level?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Pot up to larger containers and take it from there. The growth you see above ground would have the same footprint beneath the ground in the form of roots if space allowed!

therevverend

Veteran
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Just out of curiosity, you have drain holes in your cups right?
That's not a serious question right? You really think the plants would lived this long without any drainage?

You'd be surprised. I use keg cups to sprout my seedlings, get them about as big as your plants before transplanting. I'd delegated hole punching to a slacker friend he didn't do a good job on 2 or 3 cups. One got almost as big as yours before it showed signs of dismay, probably drained a little bit. The other cup the seeds didn't sprout. When I dumped the rotten soil (smelled truly putrid) out of the cup I found a seed that had just sprouted in the putrid soil. It's amazing the abuse cannabis plants can handle.

I'd agree with the other posters about transplanting and checking your soil mix. Look hungry to me. They're outgrowing the keg cups but shouldn't be as faded as they are, maybe the soil mix is lacking some nutritional elements. I'd get them out of those cups into a bigger container with soil you're 100% on. Bagged soil is tricky in that 9 times out of 10 it's fine then they'll fuck up a batch. I fell prey to that earlier in the season, lost a plant because they added way too much manure to the soil mix. The soil was so heavy the plant couldn't breathe and got burned to hell. Check what the roots are like, if they smell or look funky you know what the problem is. I'm thinking once you get them in bigger pots with fresh soil they'll snap right out of it.

moonymonkey

looks lik over water,for what ever reason s hurting the plant it will use less water..the amount of water your using is too much,think about teasing the soil dry with a small measure amount,keep track.try on one plant.like evrbody says to transplant..peace mm/:dance013::dance013:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I'd cut the cup away from one and inspect the roots. If they're ok, just slide it into another cup.

looks lik over water,for what ever reason s hurting the plant it will use less water..the amount of water your using is too much,think about teasing the soil dry with a small measure amount,keep track.try on one plant.like evrbody says to transplant..peace mm/:dance013::dance013:
... at this point, from the pics, those plants are rootbound IME. Tyco has a great recommendation. A simple suggestion that should be heeded by the OP.