What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

OK...
Here we go...

20210404_193955.jpg
20210404_193923.jpg
20210404_193847.jpg
20210404_193803.jpg
20210404_194136.jpg
20210404_194341.jpg
20210404_194301.jpg
20210404_194205.jpg

PCBuds

I've got a gallon of this coming, but I don't think I want to risk it.

I may still have a Rhizosphere and soil mites...
20210404_195406.jpg

PCBuds

The reservoir is looking good...

I'm not going to bother with trying to keep the roots dark.

Too much hassle.

I don't care about the auxins...
It's worked on the window sill before.

PCBuds

She's looking OK, but no difference in the color yet...

I just need to LIFTA & KISS & Hurry up and wait...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210405_144844.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	17824984

PCBuds

I think you should change solution in that res (looks troubled),...

I had watered the plant from the top because I wanted to make sure the nutes were washed through the media, because I had fed it just plain water for a week or so.

The water washed through the plant and came out brown from the Coco Coir so it wasn't really troubled, it just had some coco dust in it.

But I did drain it and fill it again, this time, I poured the water into the tray.

Today, I checked the reservoir with my new PH Meter (thanks again TdotGonG :thank you: ) ,and it was quite high, at 6.9 or something, so I made up more nute solution and PH'ed it low at about 6 or so so that it can drift through the PH range.

I'll pay better attention next filling and my plant did drink almost 2 liters of water since the last filling, so that's good news.

PCBuds

I found a couple of Canadian Night Crawlers doing the nasty...

They were out well past dark because they were so enthralled with their courtship behavior.

I completely forgot that it was worm season.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210407_080418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.2 KB ID:	17826513

PCBuds

So, easy score for two worms for my plant...

They are stuck together exchanging love juices and ignore you, so you can look to see what end is what.

I managed to catch both of them, but pulled too hard on the one, and it ripped in half.

No problem, worms have multiple hearts and brains and you can cut them in half and get two worms if you wait long enough.

20210407_080629.jpg

PCBuds

In the planter and covered up.

I didn't want to spend $50 for red wigglers delivered.

I don't really want worms for composting because there isn't too much organic matter in my "soil" and I want my soil mites to have lots to eat.

20210407_080720.jpg
20210407_081559.jpg

Maple_Flail

that medium looks way too wet imho... is this another SIP contraption or is the planter full of soil sitting on a bucket of water?

PCBuds

Yup, it's a SIP.

It's the exact same SIP container that was on the window sill.

I just moved it into the closet after my last closet plant finished and I had the space available.

So the original set up with a 4 foot plant, but I put a deeper tray on it so that I could give it more water.

She is getting quite thirsty now.

I don't want to have to water it twice or three times a day.

I don't want to be a slave to a fricken plant, especially when I don't even really like being stoned and I gave away my entire last plant.

PCBuds

I was cleaning up the mess that I made when I lost my marbles and realized that growing a 100 foot pot plant up into my Maple Tree wasn't something a full grown adult would do.

And I wanted to collect my clay pellets because they cost me about $30 and I didn't want to buy more.

I just kept digging up around the tree and found the seeds buried.

I'm almost positive that they are Reiko's seeds because there is seven left and they were all the same strain.

I had put them in the container that my cursed Saltwater OG seeds came in.

They look clean and dry and Silicate free. Lol

Fitzera's seeds ended up squashed and poisoned. (sorry dude)

20210407_141756.jpg
20210407_141823.jpg

PCBuds

I've still got some collecting of clay pellets to do but I may just reuse everything again and put it all back in the yellow garbage can SIP container and just flush the hell out of it to wash out all Potassium Silicate.

I know that I should just build a new SIP container but I have become quite fond of my bucket of dirt.
We've been through Hell together.
Lol
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210407_141447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	174.2 KB ID:	17826697
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210407_141455.jpg Views:	1 Size:	184.8 KB ID:	17826698
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210407_141447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	174.2 KB ID:	17826697

PCBuds

What's goint up in those pics? Lots of tubing for no apparent reason??

I noticed that I didn't answer your question.

That is my RO water filter that I just kinda installed on the wall.
It's not pretty but it's functional.

The white tube is the cold tap water input that is connected to a valve that shuts the water on and off.

The other end of the valve is hooked up to PEX pipe as the water feed input.

The white tube feeds water into the filter and the filter has two outputs.

The blue tube is the clean RO water which is VERY close to being the purity of distilled.

The red tube is the waste water with the excess minerals in it.

I don't want to just dump that water down the drain so I feed it into my toilet tank and use it to flush my toilet.
(I hate waste)

The open toilet tank has the added benefit of being a second water source for my cat in case I forget to fill up her water bowl or I drop dead from Covid or something.

A cat will eat its dead owner if it runs out of food and water and I get a big kick out of that.
I don't give a shit, I'm dead, but who wants to adopt a cat that ate its previous owner ?? Lol

The filter was a pretty good deal at $68 but connecting the valve was a pain in the ass.
I had to buy a whole bunch of plumbing parts to make it work for me and my PEX piping.

The filter wastes 2 gallons of water for every gallon of RO water that it makes and it takes 9 minutes to make one gallon, so it's slow but I don't really care but it's long enough to forget about it and I've had a few floods.
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210407_171022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	17826800

PCBuds

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210407-184317_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	17826836
Hang on did you just find a lost vial of seeds buried in the dirt???

Yup,...

I'm glad I cleaned up.
I don't remember doing that.

I do remember gardening outside in the dark and sorta tripped and that's when I stomped on my seed that I had stuck in the root stalk.

I was drunk and stoned and manic and I had covid and I was missing a lot of sleep.

I woke up the next morning and went "WTF happened??"

Those seeds came back from the dead sorta, so I'm going to try the same thing when this current plant is done.

I'm going to cut the next plant at the stalk then stuff a seed in the hole in the middle of the stalk and see what happens.

​​​​​​
I deleted all the pictures and posts because it was a manic mess but, I took a screenshot of my post before I put the seed in the hole...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice find! Looks like they are still nice and dry. I sent you out another pack of seeds, who knows how long USPS will take with them.

The new seeds I sent are a collaborative effort with my buddy Mr.Sparkle over at overgrow.com. They are Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil. The Poisoned rose is a cross I made of Red Poison (Sweet Seeds) x Sugar Black Rose (Delicious Seeds). The Cookie Devil is a cross Mr.Sparkle made of Girl Scout Cookies (Fastbuds) x Dark Devil (Sweet Seeds) F2.

PCBuds

Awesome !! Thanks ReikoX !!
:thank you:

I'm glad that I found those seeds because I know what they are capable of and I've got some to experiment with.

I don't know when my current closet plant will finish, but I'm looking forward to trying to grow one of your seeds in the root stalk.

I think I'll start one of your seeds until it's got a 1/4" tap root and stick it in the hole.

I'm thinking that that the tap root might just grow right down the hole.

That would be fricken cool !!