What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using Pool Shock as an all-around sanitizer

Applesauce

Is anyone familiar with the dosage rates per gallon for general sanitation? I realize you can find differing levels of calcium hypochlorite (50-75%) in pool shock so the dilution rate will vary.

1 TSP/gal seems like a reasonable starting point.

I saw the thread here years back using this as a cheap alternative to expensive res-cleaner mixes. It also seems to have good use as a cloning tool.

Specifically, I want to sanitize equipment and surfaces using a high enough concentration to eliminate TMV and other hard to kill nasties.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I wouldn't use anything for a pool on my plant roots. UC roots is designed for plant roots. It has a bleachy smell to it but that probably where the similarities end. Descales root systems and prevents biofilms, rot, etc.

Seems to be working good in my system!

Latest posts

Latest posts