What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I have documented evidence that skunk pre- dates all of us...
Ask this guy-

picture.php

Buckeyebandit

Miegs county is not far from where I was raised and yes the skunk was plenty in the day. Always good smoke coming from there

Weve been smoking Skunk since the 70s here in East Ky.

Most of what I know it came from Meigs County Ohio, via California.

Meigs has also been known for great weed since the early 70s, and the genes came from PNW/Cali.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Agreed more interested in uf x18 than the he said she said

G `day BEB

Would you be as interested if you found out it was really Dutch Skunk with a sexy back story ?

Cause that`s what we are dealing with .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Buckeyebandit

Not sure EB. I have a boat load of x's to this x18 that was gifted to me
X18 x
Afghan
NL
Mango
RKS
X18 (a) f2
X18 ( b) f2 just to mention a few.
Would love to see pix of it.
Don't get me wrong I'm listening to all being said I guess I need to read between the lines

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Not sure EB. I have a boat load of x's to this x18 that was gifted to me
X18 x
Afghan
NL
Mango
RKS
X18 (a) f2
X18 ( b) f2 just to mention a few.
Would love to see pix of it.
Don't get me wrong I'm listening to all being said I guess I need to read between the lines

G `day BEB

FFS ! An RKS cross too !??
Wanna buy a bridge ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

troutman

Seed Whore
I keep smelling RKS when I go check my guerilla patch.

It's the real deal and there's an old fox hole to the West that must be a Skunk den now.

Real Skunks are not rare in my area. But they are best left alone or else. :biggrin:

ambertrichome

Veteran
Buddy started 3 packs ( 30 seeds/30 came up ) of Sk18 3 weeks ago, and the plants already REEK. Several different smells ranging from Garlic/Onions/Skunk/Floral/Chemical/Cat piss. Theyre all there. 1 has a funky CHEESE/Floral smell. There are no mutants, and all of them appear healthy, and vigorous.

The terpenes are already very strong., and all of them are funky. Really really vigorous, with some variation in size/smell. More than half of them have have either partial, or full double leaf serrations. All of them are developing strong side branching, and have been since early on. But thats normal for most strains if you blast them with light from the beginning and they have the genetic potential.
Buddy is using a brand new Nanolux 1000w DE CMH for veg on these. 40 inches from the tops of the seedlings. Seedlings are in individual 32oz deli containers/Promix BX. You can buy 500 for $65 USD, and $20 shipping. Cheap IMHO vs 24oz plastic cups.

All of these will be bred under 3 x 1000w Gavitas x 10 Solacure UVA/UVB, and 10 galloncontainers Promix BX containers Chem Gro Fertilizer.
4-20-39
15.5-0- 0
Monopotassiumphosphate/Flowering only
Epsom Salts

Not going to let these genetics get lost for me again.

Other buddy started 1 pack of the Dominion Seed Company Granny Skunk.

VA Afghani x Skelly Hashplant x Super Sativa Seed Club Sk1.These are only 4 days old, so time will tell on these.

But if you want detailed photos, and grow journals of BOTH Uncle Festers Skunk, and Dominion Seed Company Gear Instagram is loaded with photos, and grows. This stuff is the real deal, and really, really potent stuff.

Nature Farm has also got ahold of Super Sativa Seed Club M9/Sk1, and is visually compared to the UF Sk18 on Instagram. There are small visual differences, but are really really similar in color, SSSC has different amounts stigmas and are noted. Nature Farm also plans on having a breeding program on the SSSC gear, and the Sk18. Not to mention the Original NL5, and Skelly/Puck cut
I just scored a pack of the original NL5 cut x Sk18. It was the last pack. I would have bought at least 5. But were all gone in 10 minutes.

texasjack

Im just taking up for myself. I intended no arguments.

I know The Nature Farm stuff is the real deal stuff. He can argue all he wants. He trolls me everyplace. Ive got nothing to hide, and I'll go to any forum I like ect.

The Nature Farm, and Swami are also working together from what I hear, and they aint messin around. Nature Farm also work with Coastal Seeds. Nature Farm was responsible for Coastal getting the 90s Black Domina cut to use with their Heirloom NL1.

Theres really no a lot of info I know about Sacred Seeds other than Ive read they started around 1938, and had genes going back to the 19 Teens.
They had the original Romulan that was brought back from Korea in the early 50s.

original breeders started growing in there backyard and greenhouse in the 50`s, after being introduced to cannabis in the Korean war and bringing home seeds to Victoria. They struggled to grow and acclimatise these seeds selecting the faster flowering shorter plants from the tall lanky Korean strain. When the late sixties, early seventies rolled around they began trying Columbian and Mexician seeds and hybredized varieties from these. In the mid 80`s when the Afgani strains sweept into North America they breifly tried hybredizing with these but eventually when back to selecting the traits they liked in there old genetics. They worked mainly with Sativa genetics but always selected shorter squatter phenotypes which has made many people think that it is purely Indica strain.

Coastal seeds got those NL#1 seeds from Classic.He sent him 100 NL#1 seeds to go thru. Classic got those NL#1 seeds from
Indian Jim.

The Romulan IBL came from classic as well...he got the Romulans from Romulan Joe.I still have a pack from Seed Depot 2012.

Classic seeds also has the old skunks.He had them for sale for a bit.I've grown them and still have seeds..70s Skunk, 70s Skunk x Afghani,70s G13 x NL#1 etc. Its the same skunks I smoked in LA in the late 70s all thru the 80s. Many old dudes still have the old funky skunks they just don't go on forums & stay low key.

A friend sent me some UF Skunk 18 and crosses... when I get a chance i'll check em out and compare.

Classic seeds 70s Afghani x Skunk ... stinky potent stuff. Tested 19.5 % THC
BSjL8LS.jpg

sV379CR.jpg

ambertrichome

Veteran
Good looking stuff. Love the double serrations. Generally indicative of genetics originating in India. Or the region.

Also have you seen the Taxonomy Report on the SK18??? It has no close relatives related to any modern genes/strains. So these are old, uncommon genetics, regarless what some what to argue. The science doesn't lie. Surprisingly ( To Me ) It also rates high in the BERRY type classification, along with Skunk of course.

Nature Farm, and Instagram BOTH have the report.

My buddies are doing the growing for now, Im supplying seeds, and intend to breed.... The Nature Farm Sk18/Shiva Redux, and more of the genes he comes out with this fall, with some Coastal Seed Company, Dominion Seeds, Swami gear in the fall/winter.

We just started looking for phenos for the Dominion Granny Skunk. Started a pack 5 days ago,,.12/13 came up.
Will also go through
Coastal.. Black Lights....Puck Yeah, UK Cheese/NL1.
Dominion Skunk, Dominion Sis Skunk.
Swami Blue Orca Haze
Swami NL5/Hz
The Nature Farm NL5/Hz/NL5
We already have 2 killer phenos of the BOH.
Got high expectations with these genetics. If I cant find something mind blowing with all those genes, Illl be ready to give up.
We also really just want a bunch of really good seeds, for long term personal, and not have to worry about losing these old genes again.

Cannavore

Veteran
Have a couple friends finding nothing skunky or rks in dominions work. Bummer. Wonder how many females duke sifted through to find the plants he gave out as samples.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Go to Instagram. Plenty of growers have reports of Skunk, Garlic, Onion. Not all of it is RKS, and even in the Original RKS, only 1 in 20, or less are RKS.

Nature Farm Genetics went through 150 females to find 2-5 plants he plans on breeding.

But a buddy of mine that isn't associated with my 2 other buddies, has found some reekers in Dominon Skunk gear, and is very potent to go along with it.
Dominion is also working on a lne that will produce more consistent RKS phenos, as is The Nature Farm.

But RKS aint the norm, even if it is skunk. Many other phenotypes, and you have to search. We also haven't faound the total RKS in Dominion, but what we have found REEKS, and does have a Skunk Spray smell. Just not all out raunchy skunk.

Every plant Ive seen of the Dominion Gear that has the SSSC Sk1/Skelly Father, has REEKED. It may not be all RKS. But it no less reeks like a MOFO.

texasjack

Good looking stuff. Love the double serrations. Generally indicative of genetics originating in India. Or the region.

Also have you seen the Taxonomy Report on the SK18??? It has no close relatives related to any modern genes/strains. So these are old, uncommon genetics, regarless what some what to argue. The science doesn't lie. Surprisingly ( To Me ) It also rates high in the BERRY type classification, along with Skunk of course.

Nature Farm, and Instagram BOTH have the report.

My buddies are doing the growing for now, Im supplying seeds, and intend to breed.... The Nature Farm Sk18/Shiva Redux, and more of the genes he comes out with this fall, with some Coastal Seed Company, Dominion Seeds, Swami gear in the fall/winter.

We just started looking for phenos for the Dominion Granny Skunk. Started a pack 5 days ago,,.12/13 came up.
Will also go through
Coastal.. Black Lights....Puck Yeah, UK Cheese/NL1.
Dominion Skunk, Dominion Sis Skunk.
Swami Blue Orca Haze
Swami NL5/Hz
The Nature Farm NL5/Hz/NL5
We already have 2 killer phenos of the BOH.
Got high expectations with these genetics. If I cant find something mind blowing with all those genes, Illl be ready to give up.
We also really just want a bunch of really good seeds, for long term personal, and not have to worry about losing these old genes again.

nice line up my friend...I would think you would find some good stuff outs all that.

Classics 70s G13 x NL#1 very good old school smoke. I crossed her w some fem pollen from a very special og k x chem D clone.

Attachments

• g13nl5.jpg
    g13nl5.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 18
  • g13nl6.jpg
    g13nl6.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 23
  • nl6.jpg
    nl6.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 20
  • nl7.jpg
    nl7.jpg