What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

monsoon

LOL. It's interesting to see how easy it has all become. Google it, make a call, make a purchase from a store. I'm sure that scenario is appealing to some, but I'm also sure there are folks out there like me who miss the days when nobody was the wiser to what we were doing and the flow was all between friends/wasn't centered totally around profit.

Weed is already cheap and plentiful here @ my place and has been for 25 years now since I plugged in. Far cheaper than any retail will ever be!

Jhhnn

Veteran
LOL. It's interesting to see how easy it has all become. Google it, make a call, make a purchase from a store. I'm sure that scenario is appealing to some, but I'm also sure there are folks out there like me who miss the days when nobody was the wiser to what we were doing and the flow was all between friends/wasn't centered totally around profit.

Weed is already cheap and plentiful here @ my place and has been for 25 years now since I plugged in. Far cheaper than any retail will ever be!

You must be as old as I am, if having arrived here from different trajectories. It was a lot different a long time ago, before Nixon's war on Mexican drugs & before the Colombians. It was still somewhat different until they changed the sentence for smuggling pot to being the same as for smuggling cocaine.

I digress. The past is gone, and I'm not really sure it ever was the way I remember it, ya know?

Bring on tomorrow. It looks pretty good in some respects. I just want to be a part of it.

paper thorn

Veteran
I do think that the OP's actual question, at least how he intended it, was not to suggest that we'd be better off with no MMJ or rec mj.

Sometimes though it does seem like LEO was involved in making the bills we voted on, because they have so many conditions on the small growers. You know, LEO thinks we're all just a bunch of loser dope dealer wannabes. Things like 6 plant limits, or 12 plant limits. No growing if you live within 25 miles of a dispensary. Not being able to be compensated if you give somebody some smoke.

CO may have the best model, except for the 6 plant jive. I have more strains than that for crying out loud. Cali probably has the best Med laws.

monsoon

You must be as old as I am,
I digress. The past is gone, and I'm not really sure it ever was the way I remember it, ya know?

Bring on tomorrow. It looks pretty good in some respects. I just want to be a part of it.

Yup. Old enough to remember when you had to make an effort to get high. LOL Now....well...it's kinda like the trophies they gave 'em all in school cus they were ALL winners/special. (which made nobody special and gave no one anything to shoot for)

Tomorrow will arrive and change will come again at some point.

We just grow pot. We really don't care what the retail side does as long as they don't fuck it up for us. (that would be war).

6 plants. Yup. Only 6. :tiphat:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Yup. Old enough to remember when you had to make an effort to get high. LOL Now....well...it's kinda like the trophies they gave 'em all in school cus they were ALL winners/special. (which made nobody special and gave no one anything to shoot for)

Tomorrow will arrive and change will come again at some point.

We just grow pot. We really don't care what the retail side does as long as they don't fuck it up for us. (that would be war).

6 plants. Yup. Only 6. :tiphat:

I just heard Monsanto has bought up hundreds of acres of land in CO.
It sounds like they want to build a 100 acre greenhouse?
Looks like a hostile take over of the retail end will be coming soon.
This may just be the war you we speaking of?

shag

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
It was a lot different a long time ago, before Nixon's war on Mexican drugs & before the Colombians. It was still somewhat different until they changed the sentence for smuggling pot to being the same as for smuggling cocaine.

Remember paraquat spraying of Mexican pot fields? Those fuckers were trying to POISON us for smoking pot. Rot in Hell, Tricky Dicky. What a Dick!

Jhhnn

Veteran

shag

Meh. I see the Monsanto hysteria as a ploy by anti-MJ forces.

If we legalize weed, Monsanto will take over! Eeevil! Don't legalize! Don't give them the chance to work their evil designs!

What the CO legislature got right in the wake of A64 was in requiring retail MJ businesses to be CO owned-

http://www.alternet.org/economy/why...s-were-thwarted-colorado-despite-legalization

This is our deal, A CO deal, and we're keeping it that way for the foreseeable future.

shaggyballs

Veteran

If we legalize weed, Monsanto will take over! Eeevil! Don't legalize! Don't give them the chance to work their evil designs!

What the CO legislature got right in the wake of A64 was in requiring retail MJ businesses to be CO owned-

http://www.alternet.org/economy/why...s-were-thwarted-colorado-despite-legalization

This is our deal, A CO deal, and we're keeping it that way for the foreseeable future.

Why when presented with real facts with legitimate reference do you still refuse to see what is happening around you.
This is happening right under your nose....yet you will not let go of your own opinion in order for you to except the real truth.

You seem to brush of real truth with little catch phrases???
Lets debate real facts without the child like name calling and Buzz word like utopia and hysteria

Agritek Holdings, Inc. (AGTK)
In July, the company announced a $400,000 cash infusion from a private equity fund(Monsanto) in order to expand its Mont Blunt™ marketing campaign and begin building out its Colorado-based agricultural facility.
A few days following that announcement, the company executed a long-term lease agreement of an additional 40 acres in Pueblo, Colorado, bringing its total land holdings to over 120 acres zoned for its planned agricultural and cultivation facility located in Pueblo County, Colorado. In addition, AGTK executed a long-term non-federal water rights contract for 10 years, which gives it a distinct advantage in attracting tenants.
By profiting from both the growing and distribution of high-grade cannabis products, the company provides investors with a unique legal way to capitalize(monopolize) on the industry.
Our scalable model will allow us develop a long term strategy of building a real property asset portfolio in key jurisdictions including Washington State and Nevada
Here

Here too
Thing are being put into place as we speak!

More hysteria for you!
http://dudegrows.com/show/archives.html

Agtk holdings working with Monsanto

ep. 27
70 min. in
or
ep. 38
90 min. in

If you refuse to listen to the links I have provided and be informed with real facts I will assume you do not want to know what the real truth is!

shag

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I believe as states move to recreational use it will even further support an already thriving Black market. Think about it. Retailers have overhead and that is reflected in the final price. What overhead does a dealer have? From here on out you will always find it cheaper on the black market in recreational states

hayday

Veteran
Remember paraquat spraying of Mexican pot fields? Those fuckers were trying to POISON us for smoking pot. Rot in Hell, Tricky Dicky. What a Dick!

That was Raygun and Bush.These two also made the laws heavy for drugs and built our fine prison colonies.
Not meaning to derail just clarify.Nixon made weed illegal though if memory serves in 1972.Bush was in the shadows on that too.

I'm in an illegal state and I don't ever want to see anybody go to jail for hiding plants.

budtang

Hell to be able to grow 6 plants and not go to jail, that my friend is heaven.

First of all, most illegal states wouldn't put you in jail for growing 6 plants. Jail sentences were handed down to serious growers who grow serious amounts of plants. Not closet growers. So..What are you talking about when you say people aren't going to jail for growing weed in this new system? Under this new system half of the breeders on this forum and most of this forum's members will go to jail.

I guess if you're in high school that would be heaven. But, adults who are serious about cannabis horticulture aren't satisfied. The same growers who were being jailed before will be jailed under this new system. ICMAG will be one of the first databases targeted and shut down by the FEDS when Colorado's glorious "6 plant system" is adopted nationwide.

budtang

Says the guy proposing a system that makes ICMAG, and the vendors responsible for it, illegal.

Nobody ever said,"Don't legalize."

We simply said stop being a pom pom waving cheerleader who acts like your retard system is perfect. You don't think it's a problem that your system makes this forum illegal? What's wrong with you?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Says the guy proposing a system that makes ICMAG and the vendors responsible for it illegal criminals.

Nobody ever said,"Don't legalize."

We simply said stop being a pom pom waving cheerleader who acts like your retard system is perfect. You don't think it's a problem that your system makes this forum illegal?

If giving control of cannabis to Big Biz. is what you call legalized then I say;

No way to legalization

Is it so hard to get it done right????
Why??
You say money stands in the way ??
HMMM......

shaggyballs

Veteran
The Company's CEO B. Michael Friedman was featured in a one on one interview with CBS News on Friday, May 23, 2014 discussing Florida's new medical marijuana legislation. Mr. Friedman was invited on the featured segment to discuss the Company's role in Florida regarding new pending medical cannabis legislation and the 20 acres of agricultural land zoned for nursery and the potential use of the property should legislation move forward within the state.

So it seems clear to me the plan is to monopolize Florida Colorado Washington and Nevada.
Then the world......is this not what history has show to be true??

That will not happen in CO. cause the will of the people is never over shadowed by big money...Right???
Oh ya that happens everyday!!!

Last edited:

budtang

You really have to wonder how many of these dispensary owners in CO are actually nothing more than employees working for a larger corporation. Where did all these guys get their money?

They could've easily been financed by larger corporations who don't want to put to their name on a cannabis company officially when it's still federally illegal. When the time comes, they're employee will just "sell" the dispensary to the larger corporation they've been working for the entire time. For all we know the profits from these dispensaries are just funneled into accounts controlled by these companies.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Why when presented with real facts with legitimate reference do you still refuse to see what is happening around you.
This is happening right under your nose....yet you will not let go of your own opinion in order for you to except the real truth.

You seem to brush of real truth with little catch phrases???
Lets debate real facts without the child like name calling and Buzz word like utopia and hysteria

In July, the company announced a $400,000 cash infusion from a private equity fund(Monsanto) in order to expand its Mont Blunt™ marketing campaign and begin building out its Colorado-based agricultural facility.
A few days following that announcement, the company executed a long-term lease agreement of an additional 40 acres in Pueblo, Colorado, bringing its total land holdings to over 120 acres zoned for its planned agricultural and cultivation facility located in Pueblo County, Colorado. In addition, AGTK executed a long-term non-federal water rights contract for 10 years, which gives it a distinct advantage in attracting tenants.
By profiting from both the growing and distribution of high-grade cannabis products, the company provides investors with a unique legal way to capitalize(monopolize) on the industry.
Our scalable model will allow us develop a long term strategy of building a real property asset portfolio in key jurisdictions including Washington State and Nevada
Here

Here too
Thing are being put into place as we speak!

More hysteria for you!
http://dudegrows.com/show/archives.html

Agtk holdings working with Monsanto

ep. 27
70 min. in
or
ep. 38
90 min. in

If you refuse to listen to the links I have provided and be informed with real facts I will assume you do not want to know what the real truth is!

shag

You offered no fact in the post I quoted, merely rumor & supposition. I'll quote you again, if you insist.

Oh, and Agritek doesn't actually grow marijuana at all-

http://ir.stockpr.com/mediswipe/com...o-recreational-cannabis-agricultural-facility

They lease space to growers & provide other services to the industry.

shaggyballs

Veteran
You really have to wonder how many of these dispensary owners in CO are actually nothing more than employees working for a larger corporation. Where did all these guys get their money?

They could've easily been financed by larger corporations who don't want to put to their name on a cannabis company officially when it's still federally illegal. When the time comes, they're employee will just "sell" the dispensary to the larger corporation they've been working for the entire time. For all we know the profits from these dispensaries are just funneled into accounts controlled by these companies.

Somebody is catching on!!

Monsanto and cannabis

Monsanto Poised To Take Over the Weed Industry

shaggyballs

Veteran
You offered no fact in the post I quoted, merely rumor & supposition. I'll quote you again, if you insist.

What do you mean no fact.....are you just being silly???
Come on man!

You cast you opinion but you never provide evidence for your side of the argument....you can not disprove my rumor and supposition!
Can you show me proof that land is not being purchased for the purpose that was stated?
What is your argument????? other than I do not believe it.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran

shag

What do you mean no fact.....are you just being silly???
Come on man!

Forgot what you posted so soon?

"I just heard" & "it sounds like" are not statements of fact. You added fact only while attempting ridicule when I pointed out that you hadn't offered any to that point. Facts, that is.

Latest posts

Latest posts