What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grower looking for advice

Puff McDank

Hello. I am new to this site and to growing. I recently received free seeds from a friend. Fire og and female C99 seeds. I then bought a 2x2x4 tent which came with a cheap 300 (actual 120) led. It also came with carbon filter which my ventilation is working really good. Temp is 82 and rh is always around 60. LED is 18 inches away. That’s as high as it goes unfortunately but haven’t noticed any problems. My main concerns are that this c99 will be too tall and maybe even the fire og will be too. I planned on buying one more 300 watt and some s-hooks and chains (can you buy these) and I am using Fox Farms OF and I also bought the FF trio. Using 3 gallon pots. Can I train these to work in this space with these lights? Thanks for reading.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I bought some already but the cheap led light has tiny holes that this won’t fit in. A skinny s-hook might though.
I often use bailing wire or flower tying wire for things like this.

Also read up on Low Stress Training(LST) and SuperCropping. You can use these techniques to keep the plant heights lower, giving you more working room with your light. ;)

Welcome to icmag! :D

Puff McDank

thanks. I was looking into mainlining as well but that looks pretty brutal. Lst sounds up my alley but I would hate to have to waste buds that get too high to lights. Sounds like mainlining or Scrog are the best options for height restrictions. Is it possible to lst a sativa like c99 to grow in 4ft high tent with lights and everything?

CaStoner

Those Heavy Duty 1/8 inch Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger are Piece of junk 150 lbs my ass. I have several of them and cheap plastic side snap in half on one side now I just got the rope and Carabiner Clip. They say the yo-yo hangers suck but work for me OK, sometimes they hang up, just got to lift the lights up slowly.

Puff McDank

Those Heavy Duty 1/8 inch Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger are Piece of junk 150 lbs my ass. I have several of them and cheap plastic side snap in half on one side now I just got the rope and Carabiner Clip. They say the yo-yo hangers suck but work for me OK, sometimes they hang up, just got to lift the lights up slowly.
I would try them if I knew they would fit into the small holes on the light.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i wouldent try and add another light to your space at this point
2x2x4 is kind of small for growing a plant full cycle, but it would make for a great place to veg/root clones
/a 3g container and the lamp itself takes up almost half your space
i agree with granger that a taller space would be the next step

sounds like you have some nice seeds man

CrossBones

install a net at your max canopy height, then lower it some to allow for bud expansion into prime light.. never allow branches above the net.. lst or super crop if required, agreed that your on the short side, but can be done.. read some micro grow threads for inspiration.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65545

once flipped they stretch, keep tucking branches for approx 2 more weeks.. first runs are always fun no matter how they turn out.. Good Luck..

P.S. those S hooks or clips some leds use and other stuff you need are at the local hardware store

2x4x6 tent - 4 plants - 3 gallon pots - with extensive lst

picture.php

Puff McDank

install a net at your max canopy height, then lower it some to allow for bud expansion into prime light.. never allow branches above the net.. lst or super crop if required, agreed that your on the short side, but can be done.. read some micro grow threads for inspiration.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65545

once flipped they stretch, keep tucking branches for approx 2 more weeks.. first runs are always fun no matter how they turn out.. Good Luck..

P.S. those S hooks or clips some leds use and other stuff you need are at the local hardware store

2x4x6 tent - 4 plants - 3 gallon pots - with extensive lst

View Image
Thanks for giving me those good tips. I like the scrog idea. I might end up buying at least a 5 or 6 ft tall. I will try the scrog anyway and see.

I was wanting to help out, but first wanted to know more about what space is available for you to grow (why you chose a tent, instead of a bedroom). Also wanted to ask why you did not grow a mother and take clones. You are right being concerned about plants stretching. I guess I wanted to get a feel of things before I offer more help.

Puff McDank

i wouldent try and add another light to your space at this point
2x2x4 is kind of small for growing a plant full cycle, but it would make for a great place to veg/root clones
/a 3g container and the lamp itself takes up almost half your space
i agree with granger that a taller space would be the next step

sounds like you have some nice seeds man
yeah as soon as I set it up I realized it might only fit one plant. That’s even a stretch. Then throw in this cheap blurple light lmao. I have learned a lot in these past two weeks but it’s always after I made the bad decisions already. I guess I didn’t research enough. When NY legalizes the wife will let me buy a nice kind led or something along those lines.

Puff McDank

I was wanting to help out, but first wanted to know more about what space is available for you to grow (why you chose a tent, instead of a bedroom). Also wanted to ask why you did not grow a mother and take clones. You are right being concerned about plants stretching. I guess I wanted to get a feel of things before I offer more help.
its a 2x2x4 tent. I got the seeds for free at which point I was motivated to try it out. Did some research and had to get what the wife was willing to let me get. She doesn’t like weed but she knows it helps my hyperthyroidism symptoms. It’s not legal here so she’s hesitant. Anyway I don’t even know anyone who grows personally so no clones. Not legal so no dispensary. Then to make matters worse I find out that the female C99 seeds are the sativa type which can get very tall. And then I find out that fire of is one of the hardest strains to grow lmao. Makes my situation even more complicated.

Latest posts

Latest posts