What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats wrong with this? Help..

Packer420

Imo your biggest problem heat wise is probably how inefficient the Mars lights are which must be kicking 60-70% of its wattage out as heat rather than PAR which really makes them in the range of HPS for wasted energy.

These days because I've got a few COBs running in and around CMH I use one of those INKBIRD temperature sensors/controllers to switch off the COBs when the temp hits 27C (82F) once it's lowered 1.5C I have it switch em back on.

You could always air cool something, the hoods aren't that expensive and you could do a CMH in there.. But these aren't the cheapest options..

I couldn't agree more though, everyone starts somewhere and you build and build with every grow. unless you're super lucky and just stick a seed in soil outside and have perfect luck doing nothing.

If you can train your plants very low and horizontal that will keep them even further from the heat but with the Mars you probably can't get the penetration without having it pretty close.

For now gotta settle with these lights but i could have asked here first and could have tried those cobs first. Where better else to ask but here!!! Oh well next time all good.

Dehumidifiet came this morning used it immediately after testing in the room first.
Placed a more powerful fan and the new portable dehumidifier.

What inline fan for this 2" x 4" x 6" tent? Attached are the pics from amazon. Would get those ph meter and kits already as well. Hope soon these completes the basics amd start new seeds i ordered as well. Nirvana NL. The first grew when i was still more a shittoer grower than this haha.

Yes SOG thanks! It should only get better. Cant slack off and take notes more!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 17

Packer420

4 inch can fan to be replaced you think by some amazon 6" inline fan for this 2" x 4" x 6" tent? Too strong? Speed controller?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18

Packer420

Can't go wrong with an oversized fan with speed controller.. you can tweak it however you like

So this amazon 6" is good for this tent? Or a 4" inline fan would be better ya think? O calcuted 49cfm with this tent right and some buffer for vents and what not..