What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Pissin' down Island wide.
Kona's been pourin' since the wee hours.
Off n on.

Ainokea! Got roof.
On da odder hand, guess where all the whitefly hide when it rains.
Dang!

Aloha,
Wee

Casper808

Good luck weez...the sun will come out again.lets get em boyz....happy aloha Friday
*“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl

soserthc1

my kinda of thread
Left of the center kinda stuff with music

Well after a few years lurking , I believe I'll click watch on this thread

Gonna light up and let the ability to ponder things which are normally outside of my reasoning kick in and dive in to your past few years . If you'll have me

Casper808

To the top.........cheeeeee..what's cracking Hawaii boyz? Chime in and give green Harvey time estimates.april again?

oldhaole

Veteran
Eminence Front

Eminence Front

Ever watch those cockpit videos on YouTube? In a multi-engine takeoff, One pilot, the nonflying one, says to the guy at the controls, "V one" about halfway down the runway. The guy flying the plane will echo back and acknowledge "V one"

Two words. You know what they mean?

That would be the guy in control, saying, translated by me into a language we all can understand....

"I don't give a fuck what happens past this point. We're commited. If an engine blows up, fuck it, leave it on the runway, this fucker is gonna fly..... because to stop is to die, and more importantly, this will fly because I said it will."

Anyway we blew past "V one" more than a month ago. I didn't bother to tell you because stopping was NEVER an option. And like you wanted me to stop huh? So we made it past "V one" with a few minor bumps. Now comes the fun part.

Should you continue with the video, another few seconds later the guy calling the speed says "V two". That's what the guy in charge has been waiting for. All that tells him is that he has lift under his wings. Enough lift to pluck that big heavy piece of metal that shouldn't fly, up and off the carpet, propelling it to points and place yet unseen.

So.... I got some news for you.

"V two" motherfucker. Now we move.

The sun shines,
And people forget.
The spray flies, as the speedboat glides.
And people forget,
Forget they're hiding.
The girls smile,
And people forget.
The snow packs, as the skier tracks.
And people forget.
Forget they're hiding.

Say hello to Harvest 2015. As you can see from the peanut gallerys' comments, there has been some unexpected rain at the end of our takeoff roll. For a couple of days it looked like it would have to be taken before the mold set in, but then the rain stopped, and the last couple of days have been dry. If it stays that way, starting tomorrow, I'll take a plant a day for, pretty much, the rest of the month.

So, this take will be like the cherry on top of the banana split. It won't really cut the hunger, but it is a sweet step in the right direction. It is comming close to time to start dinner, so decisions are gonna have to be made here soon. What to plant, where to plant it, all this shit better have some answers comming up, or, maybe, I will do it all by the seat of my pants like I always do.

The drinks flow,
People forget.
That big wheel spins, the hair thins.
People forget.
Forget they're hiding.
The news slows,
People forget.
The shares crash, hopes are dashed.
People forget.
Forget they're hiding.

Most sane people start a growlog simple.

I intend to grow this, and I will do it like this.

Simple... but dull.

I don't even go there. Why? Because I have no clue on exactly what path I will take. If I was smart, monocropping Skunkdog clones would be the way to go. And as each year falls into place, it does seem that it is heading in that general direction. We are to the point where I can say half, maybe a bit more, of everything grown will be Skunkdog.

The fact of the matter is I can grow two Skunkdog clones that will yield a lb half in the time it takes to finish one plant out in the dirt, planted from seed. The plant from seed should yield a bit more, but the unknown factor is always there from seed. Should your plant from seed be average, Skunkdog would net far more.

And now that I have stumbled into talking about my ace in the hole, what is this Skunkdog strain I have been banking on for so long?

Ready to spin?

I've probably run through sixty strains looking for a strain that can top Skunkdog. And failed sixty times. It is hands down the strain for this place. It checks all the boxes.

Lived here forever. Back in the '90's it would appear then quickly disappear, sometimes years between. It has a unique taste and smell, identification was never a problem. It was very tightly held, a cut was never gonna happen.

Until Greyskull, who knew somebody who knew somebody, you know how this works, raked one up, then shared it with me. That was like five years ago. Better yet, over that time it has acclimated to this climate. It is always the last to rot, it takes a week and a half of solid rain to go to hell. Grey has since moved on to what he thinks are greener pastures. There not, so when he is ready to come back, there will always be a Skunkdog cut with his name on it in my room (it roots super easy).

Behind an eminence front.
An eminence front.
It's a put on.
Come on join the party
Dress to kill.

Now onward, to the important musings of our beloved Peanut Gallery. (look DB! Capital letters!)

Grey..... when you are in a hole, best to stop digging. And just for the record I grow Dutch Treat too, but I usually don't admit that to ANYONE. Let alone hang a picture of that garbage in a "friends" grow log. Guess what! I ain't even close to done beating that dead horse! Lucky you.

DB.... that was rain! Remember what it looked like? It's wet too! You guys better be killing it with that dry streak you had.

Casper... Save it. We survived. Dodged the big wet bullet. Now get your staff trimming.

Weez... bet it pissed here more here than there. North side took the beating. And I ain't got no stinkin' roof!

soserthc1... Dude... welcome aboard.

Casper.... April 15th. Tax Day. Two birds, one stone.

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
I loved the no rain and so did the mites lol First time I could run the So Cal MK all the way.
All I got now is the Flo x Albert walker and she is like your Skunk with the box checking.
Summer weather should be good with a few storms. Water is 3.9 degrees hotter then normal. got Ono coming out of our ears this year. One boat brought in 41. OH you could always teach a creative writing course for some side money lol Aloha Head Peanut

oldhaole

Veteran
It's the rules.

There are some things in this life that are just a given. A fact. Just the way things be. Someone takes your picture, get back, look at the pics, your eyes are closed in every single one. Or why is it your left slipper breaks every single time? I have a closet full of right slippers, those fuckers are indestructable, run 'em thru a woodchipper, they come out unchipped. Left ones? Made of glass. Look at 'em the wrong way? Kiss another 30 bucks goodbye.

While we are at it, this oil habit is getting expensive. No, not the oil, that shit grows on trees. It's the bongs! What the hell do they make them out of glass for? Busted Caspers yesterday, that cost me. That makes, like four in a year, not counting stems. See my bong? I'll use this, it'll save me money, and I can drop it on the rocks all night long. It cost a buck fifty, as in a dollar fifty cents, AND I get a nickle back when I recycle it....

picture.php

Somehow that is just so wrong.....

Where was I?

Oh yes.... Rules. Another rule is that just before you start to harvest, it has to rain. So when thse Scogi's started to look ready, well you know how it goes. Fuckin' jet stream dropped down ontop of us, and the last few days were a bust. No rain, high clouds, no sun, but heavy dew each night. Didn't rain, but it sure didn't help. And we were the lucky ones. The whole North side was one soaking wet mess. So, I decided, or more importantly my plants decided, not to rot.

Today dawned sunny and bright. Someone upstairs slipped. They broke the rules. Obviously an error. Let a perfect day slip by.

So, instead of harvesting plants, I went and did chores. Let the plants bake, took full advantage of the screw up, didn't give it a second thought. Saw Grey. His cupboard is still bare. But not for long. Casper texted me to ask if I was gonna water. Couldn't reply, it wouldn't have been polite.

I would have had to explain, that this was a one off. The mistake will be fixed by morning, another blast of the jet stream is over us yet again. Already the stars have disappeared, and I just may yank tonite if the rain comes. I'll sleep out on the deck with the mutts if that's what it takes. Should it not rain, they stay in place until it does, or the rot shows up.... which ever happens first.

Heard thirdhand that Green Harvest is up on Kauai. I'd take that with a grain of salt, it does seem a tad early, but it is a brave new world we are entering. After taking the Scogis, the holes won't be replanted until things sort themselves out. That will put me on my numbers, should they want to count.

Spring is here, you can see it in the weather. It seldom lasts long, what happens you have a Winter, call it a pattern, but it is more placement. In Summer, there is a different pattern. Spring is a transition time, where conditions go where they don't belong, as things sort themselves out. Right now, the jet stream is right overhead. It will continue for a few more days, but it is falling into a Summer pattern, it won't be long low.

And, the rules state, from this point on, it gets nothing but better.... all the way until October, if it is a dry one, September if it isn't.

I can live with that.....

Last edited:

Casper808

New dab rig...back in action...same as you,taking em as can,down to jus bottoms.gonna cruise at numbers also,I think.wuz out at 6 takin what can."in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king".no choppers today haha.greyskull and OH da bes upcountry Ganga farmers.shooooooooooooootz

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
'sup OH,

I'm dreamin' of the islands with the sun in my face, tapping maples today, smoking that Princess 75.

plant some Jack seeds for me, will ya?

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I still havent learned which birds GH uses. I work about 2 minutes from the Hilo airport and I see choppers come and go all day long.

Cherry rig OH. I got an 8 year old glass bong that is built like a tank and I laugh every time my oahu friends buy a new $1000+ bubbler that gets you high just the same.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I just may yank tonite if the rain comes. I'll sleep out on the deck with the mutts if that's what it takes. Should it not rain, they stay in place until it does, or the rot shows up.... which ever happens first.

You called it when you said we would have similar months of March. Daytime has been great, sunny, breezy - plants lovin it and doing their thing. Then nighttime comes and it gets foggy and wet and well....

picture.php

I lost the better part of a 6" cola on this plant due to bud rot. Chopped these 10 days before target but the rot had set in and was getting worse daily.

While we are at it, this oil habit is getting expensive. No, not the oil, that shit grows on trees. It's the bongs! What the hell do they make them out of glass for? Busted Caspers yesterday, that cost me. That makes, like four in a year, not counting stems. See my bong? I'll use this, it'll save me money, and I can drop it on the rocks all night long. It cost a buck fifty, as in a dollar fifty cents, AND I get a nickle back when I recycle it....

Here's my rig, approximately 15 years old and still going. I was standing in plumbing in Home Depot after breaking yet another piece of glass and basically designed this as I picked up the parts.

Disassembles easily for cleaning and all parts except for the downstem and bowl came from Home Depot so it's cheap, virtually indestructible and safe. All schedule 40 PVC with the exception of the brass bottom plug and the aluminum stem and bowl.

I'm sure some of you brainiacs could adapt it to work with wax/oil without too much trouble, probably want to change the aluminum parts to stainless or glass for high heat....

picture.php

picture.php

Casper808

Nice rig dawn patrol.....and I remember Gainesville green.it used to come down to Miami in jars...first green herbs I ever saw.....shooooooootz

Dirtboy808

Veteran
What about the Bamboo bong and when it get to stink throw away and make another.
That might be to old school , shit my first skate board was a Duke K. with metal wheels.

Casper808

I'm wit you on da bamboo DB...although it has been years...now a glass bong a year like Christmas ..always break for me....last wave all trimmed time to go to Krispy Kreme ....cheeeeeeeeeeee huuuuuuuu

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Glad I don't have one close to me I can look at food and gain weight. Fricken cold, it is suppose to get warmer this week. I have only had 3 days of sun in the last few weeks not much rain but high clouds. Road to Mana Kea still closed.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
We got a Krispy Kreme lady that posts up on the street at the market. Lady is da fuk'n anti short board mafia I tell ya. None fo me.