What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Marijuana Market

Manstien

Hello all, times are changing fast as we know it.....a new era is taking over.

This thread is a discussion on how the end of the old will effect the marijuana blackmarket prices in 120 days and beyond.

Please discuss your educated opinion and views and I will add a couple questions.

With the medical liscenses getting shutdown and alot of people closing shop will this skyrocket prices in the next 1-2years back to 3,000/lb + in Ontario for quality commercial kush?

Will things even out and LP's eventually drop price and will we see legalization and how will that effect blackmarket prices?

What do you see happening once the old is done and the new starts?

I hope you understand what I want to discuss here, I hope we can hear from chimera,vagp,buds and anyone else with insight because I'm fucking stoned and this is all too much for me, thanks. :tiphat:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
as a non canadian i hope prices go up and kick start your outdoor scene again, browsing the canadian forum use to require a box of kleenex.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i was told the other day that prices are like 1400$ for a lb of quality product...that right?

2/3 months ago there was plenty for $700-900. Yet none of the pro legalization people clued in and jumped on these numbers to show what happens to the price of product when there's no risk in producing it and the market gets flooded.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
There are too many things up in the air to know for certain. There could be an injunction which keeps things rolling for a while yet. The whole program could get tossed. An election is coming up and the Liberals might do well enough to push legalization through (I don't expect a majority government though and I'm not sure they'll even win but we won't see a majority on either side).

Interesting times ahead.

If the program does stop and there is no injunction I think you can expect prices to rise a fair bit, but maybe not immediately.

There are too many things up in the air to know for certain. There could be an injunction which keeps things rolling for a while yet. The whole program could get tossed. An election is coming up and the Liberals might do well enough to push legalization through (I don't expect a majority government though and I'm not sure they'll even win but we won't see a majority on either side).

Interesting times ahead.

If the program does stop and there is no injunction I think you can expect prices to rise a fair bit, but maybe not immediately.

Oh yah the prices will change for sure at least in BC they will since we seem to be at the lower range. How long will it take who knows.

I can't see any injunction happening no way in hell unless they say people from 2005 or earlier can keep their licenses.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pot will be legal soon. once the government sees how profitable it is after the cpls start generating revenue

once legal. restrictions will be lowered. fair market will be established.

expect heroin to drop dramatically as the u.s is now prootecting / producing more opium in afghanistan then ever before. so its value is dropping with pot.

so watch all the gangs move straight to coke for control and expect murders in mexico, the u.s. and canda to triple while everyone clammers to get a piece. becuase their illagal grows will become worthless, and no one will be buying their beasters.

the new changes are great for the honest guy looking for an honest buck. the trolls and shadow dancers may fund or back legal marijuana, but the hay days for them are coming to a close in this market place.

all the revenue will be going to the biggest organized crime syndicates. the governments controlled by the corps that are owned by off shore bankers.

at least they kill everyone in the middle east with guns, not on the streets here. oxys and cancer are way to profitable to just pop a cap in someones ass

med-man

icdog

Has anyone looked at the supply and demand side? If the reported amount of approx. 30000 lbs a month nationwide is correct ( 60000 lights on the conservative side ) and at the moment only 3 LP's where is all the supply coming from in June?

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dog

not id only 1000 people sign up my june

but it will be a conroy tactic in court nonetheless

med-man

TheBlackman

yo
no change as I sees it
black market will always be black
be giving my handful of girls the same TLC as always

biggie movers/shakers be doin their thang for the $$$
black market be colour blind yo

Has anyone looked at the supply and demand side? If the reported amount of approx. 30000 lbs a month nationwide is correct ( 60000 lights on the conservative side ) and at the moment only 3 LP's where is all the supply coming from in June?

Are you talking about how much is produced (and consumed) by current licensed growers? If so 95% of that is bunk and the real number of licenses that actually grow for medical use (personal consumption) is what it was in say in 2005/6

The majority of those licenses have been given out in the last 3 years and only by a hand full of doctors, you can count the amount on your fingers. Most of them are making money thats it.

The market projections where pulled out of someones ass using MMAR license numbers which like stated above it 95% wrong.

First not everyone is going to want to smoke/eat weed all day long and be high just to kill pain. Weed affects people differently and while some can function properly others get fucked up royally

Not everyone consumer 10 joints per day or will buy 150 grams worth of weed at a time and who can afford $900 for medicine per month? Seriously get real.

15 grams will give someone say 45 joints, so say 20 days worth of medicine on average. If they only buy that once a month thats not much money between all the CP's. No one is going to buy 150gams worth of weed per month. For $900 you can get a grow tent and produce 1lb every 10 weeks for $200 per lb or less.

Not every doctor will sign the prescription and who knows if any will. I'm sure we'll see the CP's slowly promoting their own doctors through astroturfing on the forums.

Weed prescriptions and consuming on the job is going to be a huge gray area and expect lawsuits and nasty worker vs employer battles soon.

etc....

icdog

A demand number has to be figured out somehow. I know of one non licensed yet wannabe LP with 250 plus lights. Hydro alone is going to be 40k plus a month, let alone other expenses. That will be a challenge for anyone to support for a year no matter what they do with all their product. Supply wise if they are amazingly efficient that many lights can pump out 250 - 500 lbs a month. Nothing close to estimated demand.
Bundy your post isn't taking into account the total demand which is what a LP has to figure out somehow. So what do people think the country wide demand in Canada is licensed and not? Is it less then 30k lbs a month? I doubt it, its likely more, I know of one city of 600k people or so and its estimated to be 7k lb a month for it alone. LP's will be supplying the underground demand somehow.

Supply will be GONE after April, imagine what prices for stuff like concentrate will be! Your right not all dr's will sign and the gov said you can only have so much legally a month so blackmarket prices will be through the roof.