What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mite CONTROLS... Try This...

Does anyone have any experiance wit Azamax? I also would like to know I have a some mite eggs on my flowerin plants in a 4x8 grow box. Wut should i do to go about gettin rid of these bastards. I have 4 weeks left of flower. Predetory insects?Sprays? Please help ASAP. As i FUCKIN hate these fuckers.

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just treated my veg room with azamax before sending them into flower room. all is well so far. gonna alternate between that and pyrethrum. 1st day was foliar treatment, 3 days later i did a soil drench with the azamax.

Dorje113

I'd like to add that my regular foliar regimen kills mites and prevents them from being established.

I use Spray n Grow, Bills Perfect, BCuzz Foliar and Earth Juice Catalyst and Micro for foliar feeding, not all at once of course. The most important ingredient that I use with EVERY foliar is Coco-Wet wetting agent (SnG, Bills and Coco are made by the same company and designed to be used together). The combination of Coco-Wet and organic ferts does the job preventing infestation AND increases the health and production of the plant. Also, if you brew compost/guano teas, use that as a foliar as well.

IME, this works as well as pyrethrum, neem, etc and is better for the plants.

Avid and Floramite are also awesome, but please don't use them on flowering plants. If you do use this stuff to get rid of mites, you need to treat EVERYTHING in your house, all houseplants, spray everywhere in your growing area. If you fail, you'll have the mites come back and do this a few times and you're breeding a pesticide resistant strain of mite. Please don't do this. If you use one of these products correctly you can enjoy years of mite-free operation if you are careful not to re-introduce them.

Another vector of contamination: flies. Don't let houseflies into your grow or anywhere near it. Mites can travel on larger insects.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Does anyone have any experiance wit Azamax? I also would like to know I have a some mite eggs on my flowerin plants in a 4x8 grow box. Wut should i do to go about gettin rid of these bastards. I have 4 weeks left of flower. Predetory insects?Sprays? Please help ASAP. As i FUCKIN hate these fuckers.

Just used the Azamax with a pump sprayer 4 days ago........with a doctor doom bomb that night.Have not seen one mite move yet.I had the red ones also and i hear they are easier to get rid of.Going to do a second app as preventive measures today along with another doctor doom bomb.Good luck

FD

R

rick shaw

Azamax is neem concentrate.If your buying pyrethums dont buy ready to use bottles,get concentrates like Bug Buster and buy a small hand pump sprayer $9 use a drop or two of liquid soap as a wetting agent.Later into flowering warmer rooms need aerosols or foggers.:watchplant:

Sparky 6

I bombed my plants with Doktor Doom fogger last night and found mites walking on my plants this morning. What gives? This was my second bombing- I have one bomb left but it doesn't seem to be working anyway.

I also bought some Floramite to use but haven't begun applying it yet- I'll probably start today. Also gonna get some Neem oil for use in flower. Looks like I got some tough ones. =(

KONY

Veteran
one thing to remember with floramite.... make sure you spray every bit of leaf, top and bottom. My buddy used it and only half ass sprayed the plants and top only, and a few days later a few mites started moving again.

Sparky 6

Gotchya KONY. Also scratch my last statement about the Neem oil being used for flower- I need it for veg.

This is going to be my toughest challenge yet regarding growing but I'll win, and the reason is because I have to. This is an extremely important med for me and failure is not an option. The ones that lose to borg are because they gave up- not because they exhausted all alternatives.

Sparky 6

OK I am a medicinal grower- I only have 6 plants in flower per the law round these parts. I bought Floramite SC- a 1 oz bottle, but there are no instructions on it as the bottle is too small I guess. I looked on the web and they advise me to dump what I want in a tank etc- I don't use tanks I am a small medicinal grower. I cannot use that info because it is for commercial gardens and makes no sense to me.

I searched here and could not find anything about how to mix and use Floramite. I need to spray the plants I have in flower and in veg- can someone please tell me what the correct mixture rates are and give me directions for application? Thanks!

S

stickey fingers

GOOD LUCK

GOOD LUCK

SPARKY CHECK EBAY FOR DIRECTIONS, AS IF YOU WERE BUYING SOME, BECAREFUL AS TO WHAT YOU USE IN YOURE GARDEN, AS A MED PATIENT YOU SHOULD BE CONCERNED OVER THE CHEMS BE INTRODUCED INTO THE GARDEN, MY BEST ADVICE TO ANYONE WITH MITES, IS PREVENTITION ...... END OF STORY! I TREAT MY GARDEN AS IF I HAVE THEM, I AM CLINCAL AND STERIEL WITH EVERYTHING,IN THE ROOM,I DO USE AZATROL,WHEN I NEED TO NOT WHEN I HAVE TO. I THINK I WOULD REATHER SMOKE MITES, THAN SMOKE, FLORA MITE.

SPECIAL THANKS, GP,OJD,REZ,BOG
RIP DR JAY

Sparky 6

Thanks stickey fingers- I did manage to find directions. And I hear you on the rest- I'll probably use predatory mites from now on but this is my first dance with this thing and I reacted quickly and harshly.

KONY

Veteran
i'm not positive but if i remember correctly its 4-6 drops per 32 oz bottle.... don't quote me on that though. I think its 4-8oz per 100 gallons said on the package.

Snowberry

Two things comes to mind with spidermites....there goes my harvest and how do I fix the problem.

In no way will I dump a pile of crap...(unless it's real) on my plants....I'm talking man made miracle fixes, like ddt or agent orange in the extreme.

These lil buggers are the most persistent bud enemy other than rippers and leos I ever had the pleasure of trying to deal with.

I have had many harvests over the last 30 plus years and from trial and error, my advice has three "Must-do's"

1, Buy lady bugs and introduce them in your indoor grow, they gobble up spidermites faster than they can reproduce. In the warmth of lighting the mites will cluster in gobs on the topmost portions of your plants, you can easily pinch most out with several visits daily to your infested grow, the ladybugs will finish the rest off while you are away.

2, After a total plant vacancy of at least 3 months and a complete housecleaning of your grow, begin from seedstock set aside for that purpose.

3, Never enter your grow after being at another....stay absolutely clear or you will reintroduce them. No observers should be allowed in either as they may bring unwanted hitch hikers along.

As has been stated within earlier postings, housekeeping is everything. Read up on what environments spidermites thrive in and make your grow as undesirable for them as possible.

Good luck.

In a worst case scenario move your grow elsewhere starting from scratch.....seed saving comes to mind.

Wow. Lots of great info in this thread. I'm on my way to buy some predatory insects!

I've used Dr. Doom several times and it does a good job of knocking them down, but it's not a final solution.

I've been controlling them with a product called "BANG!". Apparently it's all natural and seems to keep them at bay. but they are still around.

has anyone else used BANG! ? Any negative effects i should be aware of? they never print it on the label...haha..

thanks!
CnD.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Pay attention to Floramite direction and you'll find that it works better at a PH below 6. The floramite degrades quickly in the higher PH. Been told PH to 5.5..... You can mix the floramite with azamax and spray both at the same time.

Smiley

igrowone

Veteran
so i got a case of the little bastards on a flowering girl that's 4 weeks in
probably another 5 weeks to go, was hoping to try pyrenthrins but the prep i can buy has canola oil
i did see the warning about canola oil giving a bad flavor used at this time, so i'm scratching my head
i would think the insecticidal soap wouldn't taste too good this late either

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Doktor Doom bombs suck, that has been my experience.

blahman

Was given some badly infected clones. First I tried dipping them avid, did it twice. It was almost like I did nothing to them, they just exploded. So last night I sprayed with floramite today I don't see a single one living. So i'll give the surrounding area a little spray as well to make sure it gets them all.