Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > All About THCV! Where To Find It? What does It Do? Research From Israel 4/22/2017

Thread Title Search
All About THCV! Where To Find It? What does It Do? Research From Israel 4/22/2017 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2018, 01:07 PM #21
CaptnCrunch

CaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura about
This is great info!
CaptnCrunch is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:40 PM #22
Galaxy420

Galaxy420 has a spectacular aura aboutGalaxy420 has a spectacular aura aboutGalaxy420 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Flail View Post
eh, you want to be more specific? different cannabinoids have different affinities to both CB1 and CB2, not to mention other substances in the plant that also effect receptor affinity. Caryophyllene for example..

regardless, CBD+friends only needs to bind enough to encourage repair to neural pathways. This is not a cure, but something to abate the effect of these degentrivie ailments

quite reasonable to this so im my opinion. I am not a medical expert, but logically it would seem to make sense.

My best friends father has been diagnosed with ALS for as long as i've known him (15+ years), So as long as he stays as mentally strong as he has in the last decade+ I may have a better idea of the possibility in a few years time (gatta find a reliable plant for thcV first.)

I said it wrong- the cannabinoids influence the cellular enzymes and cause more enzymatic reactions that feed/ fuel the cell. the receptors' metabolism ( biochemical pathway) are enzymatic driven actions dictated by the ligand molecules ( cannabinoids)...

Old 06-29-2018, 07:41 PM #23
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy420 View Post
I said it wrong- the cannabinoids influence the cellular enzymes and cause more enzymatic reactions that feed/ fuel the cell. the receptors' metabolism ( biochemical pathway) are enzymatic driven actions dictated by the ligand molecules ( cannabinoids)...
I'm thinking cannabis use (especially consumed orally) along with a diet encouraging ketone body production is the current optimal treatment for these diseases. My thinking is to use MCT oil as the carrier for extracted cannabinoid compounds.
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 03:01 AM #24
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Fact:

1. THCV is about 25% as psychoactive as THC.
2. It can also produce antipsychotic effects.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is online now Quote

Old 07-03-2018, 06:19 AM #25
Thcvhunter

Thcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to all
So lets take a step back and look at who this is.
Steep Hill Labs has started a company that licensed Doug's Varin.
And of course they are spinning this nice little tale about the novel qualities of their patent strain.

Just because a business operates a lab does not mean that they are purely scientific, impartial, or benevolent.

Those stating that THCV is aboslutely non-psychoactive are doing so because their business imterest are in posing this cannabinoid as a pharmaceutical and so it cannot be an entheogen nor an inebriant

The fact is, THCV makes cannabis highly psychoactive.

For unbiased science, look to the studies earlier than the 80's.
Thcvhunter is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:04 AM #26
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of light
@Thcvhunter

The Steep Hill Labs article says in the 3rd paragraph in bold:

THCV is more strongly psychoactive than THC, but only has about half the duration of THC. THCV is also a protagonist of THC, modifying the effects of THC. The energetic effect of THCV is more pronounced and stronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates;
"I am not wise,i only understand the path that a lover of wisdom must take in pursuing it."
"people who see with their eyes are all but blind, truth is invisible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Hubble;
"a scientist has a healthy skepticism, suspended judgement, and disciplined imagination."
Tons Of Information On Max Efficiency Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering Without Covers For Multiple Harvests:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Current Grow:

Ibechillin's Dank Chronicle:
(Organic Outdoor)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271
Ibechillin is online now Quote

Old 07-30-2018, 11:31 PM #27
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
subbed

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 01:33 AM #28
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a reference for this "FACT"??
-SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Fact:

1. THCV is about 25% as psychoactive as THC.
2. It can also produce antipsychotic effects.
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 01:52 AM #29
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
Do you have a reference for this "FACT"??
-SamS
Yes.
Quote:
The authors concluded that THCV is roughly 25% as psychoactive as THC.
Download the PDF to see the quote I just made.

Here it is:

The effect of five day dosing with THCV on THC-induced cognitive, psychological and physiological effects in healthy male human volunteers: A placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover pilot trial

Here's the antipsychotic info:

The phytocannabinoid, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabivarin, can act through 5-HT1A receptors to produce antipsychotic effects

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is online now Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 02:27 AM #30
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcvhunter View Post
So lets take a step back and look at who this is.
Steep Hill Labs has started a company that licensed Doug's Varin.
And of course they are spinning this nice little tale about the novel qualities of their patent strain.

Just because a business operates a lab does not mean that they are purely scientific, impartial, or benevolent.

Those stating that THCV is aboslutely non-psychoactive are doing so because their business imterest are in posing this cannabinoid as a pharmaceutical and so it cannot be an entheogen nor an inebriant

The fact is, THCV makes cannabis highly psychoactive.

For unbiased science, look to the studies earlier than the 80's.
I also am not impressed with Steep Hill science.

So You say that unbiased science needs to be Pre 1980's?
I say THCV does not get you high because when 12 subjects including me, in a double blind test all felt the same way about THCV, and also with THC spiked with THCV. They all said that pure THCV is not active alone and THCV did not make pure THC stronger. They had all answered a 100 question Organoleptic survey before and after the tests. These were the same tests where we did prove that the right terpenes do modulate and a few could potentiate THC.
That and all recent studies published in the science journals say THCV is a CB1 antagonist, please show me the science that supports your view even if it is pre 1980's. Please list the references.

As for THCV making Cannabis highly psychoactive, I have never seen anything like that and I have been around THCV varieties for decades and bred the varieties to increase the THCV contents, and the higher they got the less active to get you high the Cannabis was, that simple.
I had a GC and a HPLC and I know what the THCV contents were. If they were a 10 or 20 to one ratio of THC to THCV the Cannabis will still get you high, similar to 10 to 20 to one ratios of THC to CBD, while a 10 or 20 to one ratio of THCV to THC reduces the THC effects considerably, as does a 10 to 20 to one ratio of CBD to THC, that will not make the THC stronger and few will say it does.

I know that even 1 to 1 ratios of THC to CBD Cannabis do get you high as that is what most afghan hash was, but the effects are different, longer onset then THC only Cannabis products, reduced peak experience, and the reduced effects last longer. But none of this means CBD gets you high, alone or with THC, it is the THC getting you high with the CBD modulating the effects, and not to make you higher, just different then THC alone.

I understand that some folks will disagree but until they have tried the tests that I described they are just having opinions not real science based on testing and science.

If anyone can describe a test to prove that THCV does get you high, or can make Cannabis stronger, please explain to me so I can try it, I still have a little pure THCV left frozen away.

I do know people that claimed CBD gets them high, but they are very few, while THCV was for decades believed to be stronger then THC until recently, and the THCV myths die slowly.

As for medical use, THCV may well have many uses, that is not my point, I am referring to THCV and if it gets you high or can make Cannabis more potent, that I can not agree with.

If THCV got people higher I would shout it from the roof tops, but I have never found that ever, that is the truth. In general I am in favor of helping folks get higher, it is what I love myself....
-SamS

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 07-31-2018 at 03:09 AM..
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.