What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolope/Cannalope Haze/C99

DL1943

im currently in the midst of a seed buying spree, and one of the first large outdoor gardens i ever worked in had a few chocolope plants from DNA fem'd seed and they were incredible - not the best grower, but really really nice melon flavor.

id like to hunt down that profile again to breed with and just to run as an older more experienced grower, but it seems the dna chocolope seeds are sold out everywhere and dna told me via email that they do not currently plan to make more, although i hear alot of folks clamoring for it - i wonder if this is due to the c99/cannalope controversy.

i figured since chocolope isnt available through DNA anymore, i'd try some cannalope haze. sounds like akbeanbrains will be releasing some chocolope(f4 i think?) later this fall which i intend to grab but also wanted something from dna where the original plant/profile im chasing came from.

read up a bit on the cannalope and heard about the cannalope/c99 controversy...sounds like pretty shitty business practices, but at the end of the day my priority is to get that amazing melon flavor back in my stable.

to those who have run chocolope and cannalope - does the cannalope haze also have the same/a similar super delicious melon profile?

i have not run c99 or had it in many many many years - to those who have grown chocolope/cannalope and c99 - does the c99 have phenos with that same melon profile? if i am hunting down that profile and am intending to hunt thru cannalope and akbeanbrains chocolope, would it also be worthwhile to hunt thru some packs of the actual c99 from brothers grimm, keeping in mind that although i know its a great plant w tons of fans, im only looking for the chocolope/melon type profile and am not interested in other profiles or specific growth traits?

also open to other suggestions for very flavorful melon profile strains...im mainly considering running 3-4 packs each of akbb chocolope, dna cannalope and bros grim c99, but wouldnt mind running a few other melon strains alongside, especially some of the melony "hype strains" that are starting to pop up here and there.

thanks in advance! will try to post a log in the spring(this coming fall round is dedicated to cheese crosses, no fruits except a bit of my own work) of all three strains growing alongside each other and will likely try and cross some of them with each other and select possibly over several gens for the extra nice melon profile.

clearheaded

Ya cannalope haze would be a good place as its what gives chocolope the lope ;) c99 can be a bit more on sour side pineapple citrus. Some folks note the melon old fruit type notes. But if its cannalope ur after might aswell do cannalope haze. Chocolope is knocked off alot so can find cheap beans to try aswell. Would assume all same parents from the spanish seed makers. Philosophers seeds sells regulars of chocolope now..dna is great tho always smelly strong struxture high yeilders out of the 5 or 6 varieties ive tried of theres.

Fitzera

While I didn't grow out the original c99, I have grown the new version and cannalope haze and have seen many pictures of the original c99...I feel its safe to say they are not one in the same.

While it might not be what you're looking for, I did really enjoy the LA Chocolat. The sativa leaning pheno was amazing smoke with a very unique flavour profile that I enjoyed immensely.