What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do plants that show sex first bloom faster outdoors?

'Boogieman'

I started my seeds April 10th and they are starting to show sex now. I have always planted the females that show sex first with the idea that they will finish faster than the others. I have a cold wet October every year and grow guerilla so greenhouses and other methods to prolong the growing season is not an option. Is there any truth to plants showing sex first finishing faster outdoors (or indoors)?

clearheaded

def not 100% but good sign that sexually mature sooner. better sign is semiauto traits were starts doing offset nodes or other flowering signals when its rootbound etc inside.

typically fast to flower males arent considered as good of quality.. but depends on goals and variety. ie if want more durbany leaner in a durban cross etc etc.

'Boogieman'

def not 100% but good sign that sexually mature sooner. better sign is semiauto traits were starts doing offset nodes or other flowering signals when its rootbound etc inside.

typically fast to flower males arent considered as good of quality.. but depends on goals and variety. ie if want more durbany leaner in a durban cross etc etc.

Thanks for the reply. I'm growing some of Bodhi's 88g13hp crosses this year, more cowbell and the OGKB remix, grandma's hashplant, and time bandit. I do plan on making seeds, and generally want to select for fast flowering and potency if that is possible. Perhaps I will ditch the early and late flowering males and only keep the seeds from the fastest flowering females that have the potency I'm looking for. I have grown early strains with good potency so I believe it's possible to achieve.