What's new

Growing shrooms in your grow tent

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
no sense to do it in the same place. mushrooms need different enviroment.
2 different main stages colonization and fruiting..

picture.php

E

ESTERCHASER

WRONG! i have mycology under my belt, i encourage you to check out shroomery.com
you can use tents dont listen to the meat, i think he misunderstood your question. grow tenst are PERFECT FOR MUSHIES!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
sure.. put fruiting chambers into your tent when it is floweringtime..
i encourage you to learn about pasteurization, and sterilizing processes first

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Get a separate tent. Mushrooms don't need much lighting at all, and they *definitely* don't want all the light we are giving plants. Mushrooms use light for one purpose only: to determine in which direction to grow. If you have the fruiting chamber in a bright place, you will have to work at blocking light to the mushrooms from any direction other than straight above, so that your mushrooms don't grow in multiple directions, looking like a bunch of spirals at harvest day. Also, let's talk about how fruiting bodies want somewhere close to 99% humidity which is a hellish environment for cannabis, and so there would be a constant fight or neverending tinkering involved there. It's not a great idea. Mushrooms grow in tents just fine, but only when the environment is catered to them, and not to plants.

E

ESTERCHASER

i thought he was asking about the tent being used SOLEY for the process........was i offbase>?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
grow tent = actual place used for cannabis, with the idea to put mushrooms also--- shared tent in my first read
and main title is cannabis growing questions, so somehow it must be related :D

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
grow tent = actual place used for cannabis, with the idea to put mushrooms also--- shared tent in my first read
and main title is cannabis growing questions, so somehow it must be related :D
That's the way I read it as well. I OTOH would not. If I wanted to grow shrooms, I would do it separately. Knock on wood (knock, knock)

My tents (veg and bloom) are pest and disease free. I run passive intakes via a HEPA filter, that gets rid of most of the shit we don't want in there in the 1st place. I would not risk growing my medicine over shrooms!

E

ESTERCHASER

yeah grow tents are grow tents weather they are (actively growing anything) although i once called mine a icefishing shanty drying out for the season during a home inspection that went pretty damn well

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

A dude I know already tried some Shroom KITS in growing tent . The 2 plastic bags on the left .
But it is not optimized for shrooms at all, they are just enjoying a flat place with nice temp and light .

:tiphat: