What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is there a doctor in the house.

VI-guy

Hi Guy's,

working on my first mini grow, my plants are about 46 days old
one has been weak from the beginning and then after the transplant seems like it is on its way out.

The other has been thriving and is still growing great, but has just in the last couple days started yellowing in the middles of a few leaves.

I don't have my camera at the moment but you can see the yellowing in the smaller plant here

it is starting the same on the healthier one, but it still seems to be growing well, have been feeding weekly with a little 10-10-4

thanks for any input

picture.php

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I'll take a run at it.

I'll take a run at it.

That looks like root rot or lockout to me.
Do you have enough drainage in that container?
I'd check the PH of the run-off first.

Not it?
Please fill out the friendly troubleshooting form and you will likely get a more definitive answer. :)

Aloha,
Weezard

VI-guy

ok so if root rot is the issue what would you recommend, there was no drainage in this container, but I haven't watered scince the transplant, as I added a bunch of compost and the soil is still quite damp.

Drill a bunch of drainage holes and then?

VI-guy

Ok transplanted both plants out of the communal no drainage having tub, big one went into 3 gallon pot with lots of drainage and little one went into a one gallon, aerrorated hmm not sure how to spell that the soil and gave a bit of water and nutes, will check on them after the weekend to see how they are recovering.

Not it?
Please fill out the friendly troubleshooting form and you will likely get a more definitive answer. :)

Aloha,
Weezard

I want to help, and will even answer the "what to do question"...but please fill out the above mentioned form (found as a sticky at the top of the infirmiry thread) so that:

1) We give you the correct answer

2) You can rest assured that we have all the needed data and information so that we can give you the correct answer...and you can confidentely follow it when we share it....and

3) See number one and continue

You will be hard pressed to get any of the true veterans answering without it, as we wont offhandedly make a comment without all the info.

*Subscribed* Waiting on data...

Wait it a minute........WTF is going on here..your photo is dated '06 and you are asking for help on 46 day old plants in a posting dated today. You mention something about "not having your camera", but I glossed over all it in favor of looking for data on the plants (the infirmary form)...yet there is a picture there that you are claiming is the plants. This all seems a little weird for me.

L

lysol

Thanks reaper, will fill out the form, as for the pics, the date in the camera is set wrong.
Haha yeah I was kinda say, thought that was obvious. When my camera's date is wrong I just say "fuck it". That would be pretty said if those plants were veggin for 4yrs haha!

But yeah without knowing anything about how you are treating them, I would guess that these have been overferted/salt built up.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Ok transplanted both plants out of the communal no drainage having tub, big one went into 3 gallon pot with lots of drainage and little one went into a one gallon, aerrorated hmm not sure how to spell that the soil and gave a bit of water and nutes, will check on them after the weekend to see how they are recovering.

Aloha, VI -guy

Stagnant water will suffocate roots.
Cannabis wants all the drainage you can give it.

The ugly leaves will not recover, but the new growth will tell you if enough roots survived.
Again, this is just a guess at this point.

Good luck.
Weeze

Latest posts

Latest posts