What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnesium Deficiency or bloom food burn?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
The leafs aren't looking too well at all.
The soil is fox farm.
She is 5 weeks n 6 days from start of 12-12 flower cycle.

Even though I stopped feeding the bloom food on 4-19 it might be too late for her. :( I have been giving her just plain faucet water with molasses mixed in no bloom food.

I'm thinking it might be Magnesium Deficiency or bloom food burn but I don't know. Magnesium deficiency or not would Epsom salt help AT ALL?

Is there any to save this one from a quick death? the buds still look ok for now.
I don't know what to do now that would help.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
I can't really tell from pics, but if I was guessing I would guess Potassium deficiency. Have you added any kelp or fish liquid? Thats what I would try won't hurt to add a lil to every feeding and hopefully it helps her

PdxFarms

My guess would be your ph is off. If they were mine, I'd flush with decent runoff. Then start them back with a light feeding. Your almost done feeding anyway and headed toward a flush.

Dog Star

Veteran
Your bud shows N overload,

if you ask me i will first flush her to made things under control and to leach
too much N,then feed easily third of a dose complete nutes together with Mg,S,Ca
and will wait she recover.

Regards

PdxFarms

Your bud shows N overload,

if you ask me i will first flush her to made things under control and to leach
too much N,then feed easily third of a dose complete nutes together with Mg,S,Ca
and will wait she recover.

Regards

I take my first assumption back.
^^^^ this is correct

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I NEVER fed her any N what so ever because she is growing in fox farm soil and was growing JUST FINE. Once she was big enough and showed pre flowers I waited 3 weeks before feeding her any bloom food. even then I only gave her light feedings every other other watering. I think on the last bloom food/watering the I didn't correct the PH before watering.

Dog Star

Veteran
Some plants showing N sensitivity more than others,

you can sees very clear by your bud that it shows N overload,its much darker green colour
and leafes curling already.

So your plant need much less N that she gets now to grow more properly and normal.

PH problems could be related cause Mg is best absorbed between 6 and 7 PH and a plant
lot more easier absorb N than Mg.. what you plant actually showing now cause
she miss Mg and shows overload with N.

But then is also best flush with water of 7 PH and easy feed with third dose of nutes
but dont forget secondary nutes when you feed them.

Gelado`

Veteran
FF soil is hot as HECK. You may not need to feed at all when growing in it. Even then it might be too much.

You may not even need to flush; the plant is losing leaves that were already going to go. If any new growth starts showing symptoms then flush as a preventative measure and wait a week to see how they're doing.

Latest posts

Latest posts