What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2016

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Does this mean NFL franchises should really be valued less than what they are now? Maybe in the future teams will be cheap we could pool everyone on icmag to buy one...

The ICMAG Stoners

Home
i-37f26da841ffe6b86f02eb2cfddcc9f1-DS24-CANNIBUSHELMET-RGB.jpg

Away
weedhelmet.jpg

Super Bowl (bowl)
stonersfootballhelmet.jpg

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
^^^ too bad the nfl only allows a team to wear one style of helmet regardless of throwback or other alternative uniforms... speaking of uniforms, all teams will have a color gaurd or whatever ugly ass single color uni's (like last seasons bills vs jets game that was impossible to watch for people that were color blind cuz they both showed up the same tone of grey)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Surprised no one came on to mention the Rams trading up and now it seems for goff, seems like a whole lot to give up for goff but I guess if it works out it won't matter. not sure but felt like the Rams could've gotte goff without trading for the number 1 pick.

We practically posted at the same time. Jinx!

The Toronto Mapleleafs have a leaf for their team logo.
If the NFL comes to Amsterdam, they could be the Amsterdam Buds and have a 7 or 5 fingered cannabis leaf as a logo. They would be #1 in merchandise sales for like the first 3 years, and top 3 thereafter...

Draft starts at #1, otto. We still dont know whos doing 1 or two, and maybe the rams dont know yet and if they do theyre not telling. Maybe the rams and eagles will swap with each other, ha.

Im not sure who'll be the better pro between the goff and wentz, they each have their strengths and weaknesses, almost perfectly mirroring each other (wentz is small school, goof big school, wentz is big and strong, goff has tiny man hands etc), maybe theyll be like rivers and eli, both solid to spectacular qbs who, like any qb, will actually need a good team around them to contend for titles. You need a good qb to contend for titles, but a complete team to win them.

whadeez, you keep mentioning these pac 10 players ive never heard of. wait, ive heard of buckner, so he must be good. do you have a favorite college team? i figure you for a stanford guy, to go along with your niners love. you know, the wine and cheese and venture capital crowd...:biggrin:

dont the helmets help differentiate between players wearing those monotone uniforms?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
We practically posted at the same time. Jinx!

The Toronto Mapleleafs have a leaf for their team logo.
If the NFL comes to Amsterdam, they could be the Amsterdam Buds and have a 7 or 5 fingered cannabis leaf as a logo. They would be #1 in merchandise sales for like the first 3 years, and top 3 thereafter...

Draft starts at #1, otto. We still dont know whos doing 1 or two, and maybe the rams dont know yet and if they do theyre not telling. Maybe the rams and eagles will swap with each other, ha.

Im not sure who'll be the better pro between the goff and wentz, they each have their strengths and weaknesses, almost perfectly mirroring each other (wentz is small school, goof big school, wentz is big and strong, goff has tiny man hands etc), maybe theyll be like rivers and eli, both solid to spectacular qbs who, like any qb, will actually need a good team around them to contend for titles. You need a good qb to contend for titles, but a complete team to win them.

whadeez, you keep mentioning these pac 10 players ive never heard of. wait, ive heard of buckner, so he must be good. do you have a favorite college team? i figure you for a stanford guy, to go along with your niners love. you know, the wine and cheese and venture capital crowd...:biggrin:

dont the helmets help differentiate between players wearing those monotone uniforms?

the biggest difference that I see between goff and wentz is goff's inability to elevate his game & team in big games vs big opponents, he lost the big ones when the spotlight was on him.

I don't necessarily have a college team, some that I like more than others. I prefer the trojans to the bruins for instance(but that stems from being a kid and playing on the "trojans" in summer league basketball lol...I've always hated pete carroll), I like what shaw does at stanford, I'll watch berkley play. I've had more interest in oregon recently as I am contemplating a move to eugene myself....UW just because of u-dub lol I do watch a lot of pac 12 lol but if I had to say that I was a fan of one program I'd probably just say the university of oklahoma(OU)...hard not to watch the crimson tide too, or the ohio state university, or michigan now with relevancy & harbaugh(along with his outside of the box recruiting techniques). I like watching college ball but don't always feel good about wasting my entire saturday & sunday lol. I try to remember standout players throughout the season but rarely do, I usually end up just looking at highlights of prospects projected to go in the first couple days of the draft, and list my draft hopefuls from there. I don't watch too many florida teams for whatever reason...I know thats a hotbed of potential nfl stars lol

I still think cook will be a good qb in this league, I honestly think he will have a better career than goff or wentz...he's confident, has a short memory, and isn't going to play scared...he'd be better off getting a year in the wings though.

I also like corey coleman from baylor, he's gonna be an antonio brown clone.

it's hard to see helmet logo's at game speed lol and I dont have a 70" tv either lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
the biggest difference that I see between goff and wentz is goff's inability to elevate his game & team in big games vs big opponents, he lost the big ones when the spotlight was on him.

I don't necessarily have a college team, some that I like more than others. I prefer the trojans to the bruins for instance(but that stems from being a kid and playing on the "trojans" in summer league basketball lol...I've always hated pete carroll), I like what shaw does at stanford, I'll watch berkley play. I've had more interest in oregon recently as I am contemplating a move to eugene myself....UW just because of u-dub lol I do watch a lot of pac 12 lol but if I had to say that I was a fan of one program I'd probably just say the university of oklahoma(OU)...hard not to watch the crimson tide too, or the ohio state university, or michigan now with relevancy & harbaugh(along with his outside of the box recruiting techniques). I like watching college ball but don't always feel good about wasting my entire saturday & sunday lol. I try to remember standout players throughout the season but rarely do, I usually end up just looking at highlights of prospects projected to go in the first couple days of the draft, and list my draft hopefuls from there. I don't watch too many florida teams for whatever reason...I know thats a hotbed of potential nfl stars lol

I still think cook will be a good qb in this league, I honestly think he will have a better career than goff or wentz...he's confident, has a short memory, and isn't going to play scared...he'd be better off getting a year in the wings though.

I also like corey coleman from baylor, he's gonna be an antonio brown clone.

it's hard to see helmet logo's at game speed lol and I dont have a 70" tv either lol

I used to watch more college football too, but my in-state teams pretty much suck (when northwestern and Northern Illinois are your best teams, that's slim pickings). I'll watch the big college games, games between top ranked teams. I'll watch some ND now that they're good, can't really bring myself to watch Michigan but it's not a bad thing for the Big10 overall that they grabbed him, it ups the level of coaching and competition. Lovie Smith getting hired at Illinois seems promising, not saying that any NFL coach will automatically be a good college coach (mike sherman?) but its a better hire than the MAC bozo's theyve been getting lately...

Deforrest buckner is supposedly a physical freak and is a better pro prospect than the last couple of highly drafted DL out of Oregon, so he would be a good pick for the 49ers at #7. Paxton Lynch out of Memphis would be a stretch at #7, but do you think he'll last until the niners pick again?

I wouldnt mind the bears picking up Connor Cook with a 2nd or 3rd round pick, or Lynch or hackenberg or cardale. Someone to develop while we suffer one last year of cutler. Although he wasnt too bad last year, but we have a new OC this year so who knows how that will go. Cutler chews up offensive coordinators like most people go through gum.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, there's always the U.S. Supreme Court...

You would really want Bradford on the 49ers? Gabbert's no great shakes, but Bradford didnt exactly light it up last year (only 1 game with a passer rating over 90, 19 tds to 14 ints, still missed 2 games with left shoulder injury). Hell, if it were between cutler and bradford, i might almost want to keep cutler...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Well, there's always the U.S. Supreme Court...

You would really want Bradford on the 49ers? Gabbert's no great shakes, but Bradford didnt exactly light it up last year (only 1 game with a passer rating over 90, 19 tds to 14 ints, still missed 2 games with left shoulder injury). Hell, if it were between cutler and bradford, i might almost want to keep cutler...

I was more saying that bradford and now foles potentially entering the qb market on somewhat lower money contracts opens up more options for the jets and broncos, making a kaepernick trade less likely. I basically meant kaep would probably be the niners starter this season in light of the now flooded mediocre qb market.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That make sense, whadeez. Still hoping that Chip kelly can work some magic on colin this season? Maybe see a 3500 passing yd, 1000 rushing yard performance out of him?

Most of the mock drafts have the bears picking a linebacker, usually leonard floyd out of georgia, if he lasts that long. I havent seen him play at all, but he's 6 foot 6, 240+ lbs and runs a 4.6sec 40 yard dash, almost as fast as urlacher.
During urlacher's 12 seasons with the team, the bears never had a bad defense (well, except 2009 when urlacher broke his wrist in week 1 and missed the season). Ever since then, it's been bad to worse. Last year was below average, which was a vast improvement, sadly.

Jamarcus Russell is willing to play for free for any team who wants him to run the scout team, be on the practice squad, whatever. The bears were the last one to work him out in 2013 (thats how desperate they were back then).
Too bad Al davis passed, away, it would have been beautiful to see them reunited. And who knows, maybe jamarcus, given another chance and more mature and disciplined now, would be a halfway decent qb? Or maybe he's the black Ryan Leaf...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yeah I'm hoping he can return to form(although I don't think he was ever GREAT, he showed flashes of the potential to be). I suppose the biggest reason I have trouble supporting gabbert is that in his tenure in the NFL you would think there would be at least ONE game that critics could look to and say "well there's his ceiling". I dont think gabbert has shown he's capable of anything but mediocrity. his value has always been a backup on a moderately cheap contract. his play last year is about what I would expect from a competent back up, he won't win you games and he won't lose you games either. I honestly had a hard time not falling asleep watching the games he was starting last season.

where are all the pats fans now???

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Where is Paully? Hope he's ok and didnt drink himself to death after the appellate court laid the smack down on the players association. Has he found a gas station which dispenses whiskey through a petrol hose which is required for death?

kaepernick has had some games where he looked like an absolute star, mostly against the packers. Then again, cutler has had games where he's looked great as well, except against the packers he looks like kaepernick looks against the hawks.

First round is tonite. Guess we'll see whats what...

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh yeah.totally forgot.keep me posted on the Bears please. I got hopes this year.I'm really starting to not give a damn though.I can't wait til cutlers gone.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, first round is in the books, and it went mostly as expected, except for the laremy tunsil drama. He fell out of the top ten but was picked up by miami at #13, so not too bad of a drop.
Myles Jack out of UCLA fell out of the 1st round, for someone who was thought to have top five talent, that's huge; he only had a meniscus injury, but supposedly he has degenerative issues in his knees and could need microfracture surgery down the line...

The bears got Leonard Floyd, but had to trade up 2 spots to #9 to do so, giving up a 3rd rounder in the process.
49ers got deforrest buckner, so whadeez should be happy.
The defending champions traded up to get paxton lynch from memphis. He's supposedly pretty raw so is unlikely to start week 1. Are elway and kubiak content to start the season with mark sanchez as their starter?

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
We got another pair of hands for Brock Osweiler to play catch with. It will be pretty cool playing the Super Bowl on our home turf.

iTarzan

We got another pair of hands for Brock Osweiler to play catch with. It will be pretty cool playing the Super Bowl on our home turf.

The Texans, Jaguars and Titans are all looking dangerous. They have all had years of top 5 picks. This should have happened way before this. Texans have been out of top 5 lately but still a steady run of high picks in the top 10. It would be nice for the Colts to be tested in the division on a regular basis.

The Bears got Cody Whitehair. I was hoping the Colts got him. He is really good and didn't lose one play against any DL in the Senior Bowl. I think the Bears got a great player. Cutler will be happy with Whitehair blocking.

Jags got Ramsey and Jack. The Cowboys got Elliot and Smith. IMHO that makes them the draft winners of 2016.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Well, first round is in the books, and it went mostly as expected, except for the laremy tunsil drama. He fell out of the top ten but was picked up by miami at #13, so not too bad of a drop.
Myles Jack out of UCLA fell out of the 1st round, for someone who was thought to have top five talent, that's huge; he only had a meniscus injury, but supposedly he has degenerative issues in his knees and could need microfracture surgery down the line...

The bears got Leonard Floyd, but had to trade up 2 spots to #9 to do so, giving up a 3rd rounder in the process.
49ers got deforrest buckner, so whadeez should be happy.
The defending champions traded up to get paxton lynch from memphis. He's supposedly pretty raw so is unlikely to start week 1. Are elway and kubiak content to start the season with mark sanchez as their starter?

yes...whadeez is VERY happy with the buckner pick, I think buckner is the best player in the draft with a ton of potential to get even better.

jack has 4 int's and 1 sack in 29? games started...and he's small and has a hard time shedding blocks. meniscus isn't that bad but microfracture acl surgery in the knee kept me on crutches for nearly 6 months, before being able to bear any weight....major red flag.

apparently tunsil's stepfather may have been the one thats going on an all out defamation rage...payback for his interference in a domestic violence issue between his mother and stepfather is what I heard, and then he's just come's out and says that the athletic director was giving him $ for rent & shit...dumbass with quick feet.

sanchez....ha! horsetoothed jack ass ha!(I mean elway) lol

The Texans, Jaguars and Titans are all looking dangerous. They have all had years of top 5 picks. This should have happened way before this. Texans have been out of top 5 lately but still a steady run of high picks in the top 10. It would be nice for the Colts to be tested in the division on a regular basis.

The Bears got Cody Whitehair. I was hoping the Colts got him. He is really good and didn't lose one play against any DL in the Senior Bowl. I think the Bears got a great player. Cutler will be happy with Whitehair blocking.

Jags got Ramsey and Jack. The Cowboys got Elliot and Smith. IMHO that makes them the draft winners of 2016.

jags definitely made some good moves, and titans have had a buttload of picks so they're bound to hit on a couple. texans...I don't see it, you need more than jj watt and a volume reciever to win games. it does benefit all teams when the level of competition in-division is higher.

whitehair has really short arms, that is probably the biggest reason he slid down to where he did. Joshua Garnett from stanford who my niners traded back into the back of the 1st for is widely seen as the best guard in the draft...I'm cool with that.

ramsey is a really good db, and he's a seminole...deon sanders really likes the kid...jags are a great fit for him, I'd think the entire afc south would be going heavy on db's with gunslingers like luck, mariota, and bortles(three of the best young qb's in my opinion) inside the division...gonna be entertaining to watch that division for the next 10 years. texans are doing the least.

the raidah's have once again impressed me with their draft prowess lol.