What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your ultimate 4 way sativa cross (Haze style)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Let's dream a little :kos:If you were to create your ultimate 4 way sativa cross from landrace genetics in the spirit of haze, what would it be like? :artist:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I'll start.

There would definitely be some Thai stick sativa in there.. Jamaican lambsbread.. Kerala! Defo some Kerala too! And number four, Oaxacan Gold. That would be heavenly :D The only one I can't get my hands on is the Oaxacan. (Thai stick x Lambsbread) x (Kerala x Oaxacan) :p

browntrout

Veteran
I'll buy in on the dream!
to me the breeding regimen would be much more important, But I'm sure (Thai or a Viet x Nepal Sativa) x (South Indian x Colombian or African) would be a good start. With a breeding regimen that wouldn't bottle neck especially in the F1 generation. Large numbers of course.

bodymind

Veteran
Great thread idea.... I'm working towards my own dream crosses.... I have the oaxaca79, which is very clear and anti-axiety, that i'm looking to cross with mr. A's inbred red-stemmed Kalimost, which to me seems very southeast in dominance (though it's a mutt like haze itself). I also have quite a few new things to try when time permits: zamalxbanghi, angola red jarilla de sinaloa, double congo, and some nepali.

I think about outcrossing the oaxaca all the time and i think the cross to the nepali may increase the warmth and anti-anxiety characteristics already present in the oaxaca, but out crossing to say the inbred kalimost sativa will bring the oaxaca up into the soaring realms of southeast asia.

bigherb

Veteran
Dreams do come true

Punto Roja x Colombian Gold x Colombian Wackyweed/Colombian Black x Highland Oaxacan Gold or Purple Corinto to keep it 100 % Colombian Blood

Punto Roja x Cambodian Red x Kariba surprise x Buddah Thai/Golden Thai aka Frankie baby

Black African magic x Vietnamese x Panama Red x Colombian Black

The first verison is a possibility except i have no HOG/Purple corinto

1luvbigherb

browntrout

Veteran
Black African Magic from my understanding is just a Malawi Cob? Cobs are made from the best of the best malawi. From my understanding anyways.

And Bodymind your Oaxaca79 sounds like an ideal strain for myself, I can't stand paranoia inducing plants. My vote would be to cross it to the nep.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really only know American Sativa so I would like this 4 way cross.
Tropical high altitude Mexican
Panama Red
Colombian Black
Colombian Punto Rojo

red rider

bodymind

Veteran
fantastic ideas everyone! ONe that may happen by next year is the oaxacan79/kali x congo/zamal.... I can only imagine the exotic variations.

However, the oaxacan and nepal genes will probably be my fave for comfort...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In fantasy based on what I’ve read, I’d like this 4 way.

Highland Thai x Nepal
Durban Poison x Nigerian

Fantasy with known Sativa

Colombian Santa Marta Gold x Highland Thai
Tropical high altitude Mexican x Nigerian

Red rider

oldbootz

Veteran
(malawi x vietnamese) x (ciskei x durban)

YUM! but yes the selections would be the most important part not the strains you use.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Good ideas everone! And it seems some of you are already working on something, cool!

It's true that in order to breed spectacular hybrids, one must use spectacular plants. I don't like racy stuff either, it has it's uses in meditation but my grail would be a daytime smoke.

Ofcourse you would end up with euphoric plants if you only used anti-anxiety strains like Nepal, Ethiopian Highland, Kerala or Oaxacan but to me there has to be variation. Put some anti-anxiety strains in the mix but also a bit of something that will blow your mind and you might find something special in the offspring. There are psychedelic shroom like sativas, dreamy euphoria inducing sativas and crystal clear let's do things sativas.. Lot's of cool combinations to try out!

I was also considering a Nepalese building block, that wouldn't be bad at all! Or malawi gold for that matter.

breker

Everybody had very good ideas - i'd really wish to try (Malawi x Vietnamese) x (Ciskei x Durban) or Black (African magic x Vietnamese) x (Panama Red x Colombian Black) - these 'd be awesome for sure.
My type is intercontinental cross between Drakensberg, Parvati, Sinaloa and Moroccan - of course all of them would be sativas. Theoretically, but who knows...

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
nigerian mango topdawg x golden lei snow high
x
colombia mangobitche cannabiogen x ethiopian highland bodhi