What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I get some yield estimates for this set up outdoors :)?

JOJO420

Veteran
Hmm. Out of all the times I've been to homedepot and lowes I have never seen this grow bags.
I found out, after talking to the Home Depot sales dept, that it depends on what state and what city your local Home Depot is in. They do not all carry the same stuff. I will shoot you a pic of a grow bag.
People are using the reusable bags you buy at the grocery store and wal mart as smart pots, and its working. These recyclable bags are 3 gallons or more for like a buck or so. look into those if your still gonna do the small container thing. They have handles and are cheap.

Attachments

• growbags.jpg
    growbags.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 7

Xtensity

I found out, after talking to the Home Depot sales dept, that it depends on what state and what city your local Home Depot is in. They do not all carry the same stuff. I will shoot you a pic of a grow bag.
People are using the reusable bags you buy at the grocery store and wal mart as smart pots, and its working. These recyclable bags are 3 gallons or more for like a buck or so. look into those if your still gonna do the small container thing.

Thank you, and interesting.

I might just use 5 gallon home depot buckets... or maybe just throw out some plants and use the soil on a couple of 20 gallon pots.

I don't know. Either way, visiting the spot daily is no real issue for me.

JOJO420

Veteran
2 cents

2 cents

those "smart" bags are better than plastic.. hands down. The plastic buckets heat up and really get hot during the summer. The result is dry roots and HOT soil temps. You need to constantly water. Not good. When your roots are constantly hot and dry, your yield will suffer. Not to mention you will get airy, light buds. It's all about keeping the root zone cool and moist. :)

Xtensity

those "smart" bags are better than plastic.. hands down. The plastic buckets heat up and really get hot during the summer. The result is dry roots and HOT soil temps. You need to constantly water. Not good. When your roots are constantly hot and dry, your yield will suffer. Not to mention you will get airy, light buds. It's all about keeping the root zone cool and moist. :)

That's good to know... So.. will walmart carry those bags for sure? Since it's like a superstore? and what sizes do those bags come in? The smart bags are the grow bags you just referred me to, correct?

Endur

Veteran
I'd say, if watering is not going to be a problem, just clear enough area for each individual plant, It's going to be worth it in the long run to plant into the ground, and will cut down watering significantly. you don't need to clear a giant patch.
You will yield, way more, than the 2 gallon pots, and you can still plant them all.
Peace
Endur

Xtensity

I'd say, if watering is not going to be a problem, just clear enough area for each individual plant, It's going to be worth it in the long run to plant into the ground, and will cut down watering significantly. you don't need to clear a giant patch.
You will yield, way more, than the 2 gallon pots, and you can still plant them all.
Peace
Endur

What if all the surrounding area is clay, very thick clay. (I once poured a gallon of water into a hole dug in the clay, and it didn't drain for a several weeks, instead it just evaporated.

I'd say it's a close race, grower dependent.

That's a 15g :tiphat:

Best of luck :yes:

Peace,
SSM :joint:

15 oz plant? or 15g nug?

JOJO420

Veteran
So.. will walmart carry those bags for sure?
Again, your local store will vary, but yeah, they should. At the checkout, they are the recyleable bags for sale. Trader joes has them. Sears has the fabric bags at checkout here. I know wal mart has those here also.
I am in So Cal

What if all the surrounding area is clay, very thick clay. (I once poured a gallon of water into a hole dug in the clay, and it didn't drain for a several weeks, instead it just evaporated.
No good. don't even waste your time digging. Do above ground containers and bags. Dont even waste your time thinking about solid clay. Go buy those bags and get plantin'

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
15 oz plant? or 15g nug?

My bad, these cannaoil cookies are kicking my ass bro

It's a 15 gal. container, yeild remains to be seen...I'd venture 7-10 zips and she's under a 6.Outdoors, we'll see what she can do ;)

Here she was on 4/20

Today

That was after she vegged for 8-ish weeks and was trained.

From the heart, it's all about the easiest way that we can grow as much great pot as we can with what we have...efficiency of motion, my brother :ying:

In the end, we go for what we know. :)

All the best

SSM :joint:

WPA

The more soil you have the better off you will be. If your planting small seedlings in june, then you can get away with 5 gallons (im doing 10 gallons for my seedlings that are about 4-6 in tall now). Any bigger though and your plant will do much better in a bigger pot. It cost me about 30 bucks for each 25 gallon pot and the soil to fill it.

GAME

xtensity, there are so many variables that nobody can give you a straight answer as far as yield. How much you have to water depends on sun exposure. If it stays shaded, watering will be reduced. Your harvest will also be greatly reduced. What's with saying the brush is too thick to clear the ground ? That would be ideal. This what most growers look forward to finding and then clearing. I do this every year. I cleared a large patch of raspberries and buckthorn in three hours. In that time I also dug some holes as well. You don't have to clear it all, just where your plant is gonna go. Grab a machete, shovel, and clippers and head on out & man up. If they were in the ground, watering could be once a week during routine weather and your harvest per plant has potential of pound per plant rather than an ounce under good circumstances.