What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sick of damping off

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Woke up to find some seedlings leaning over. They looked amazing just last night. As of now, I lost at least $300 in seeds to damping off.

Anyone have experience with phyton-27?

I soaked the seedlings in physan-20 for 5 mins and planted in coco that was also soaked in physan-20, but I doubt it will do any good. Anyone have affected seedlings bounce back?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Physan-20 is supposed to help stop the spread of the disease. It is not systematic—plant does not take it in. Python-27 does get absorbed by the plant. I don't have phyton though.

The physan label says:

Seeds and Seedlings - Damping Off
Treat seeds and seedlings by soaking in a solution of 1 1/2 teaspoons of PHYSAN 20 concentrate in 1 gallon of water for 5 minutes. Fill the flask containing the seed or seedlings with enough PHYSAN 20 solution to completely cover the seeds/seedlings. Drain the PHYSAN 20 solution off the seeds/seedlings before planting. Use a fresh solution of PHYSAN 20 for each flask.

But when the stem is bent over, it's too late, at least from previous experience.

Norkali

A little beneficial bacteria might be worth a shot before going the Physan 20 route, stuff seems pretty nasty in regard to the ingredients.

C

cannagirl

I use Aquashield to prevent damping off. It works great, I use it on clones and seedlings, just spray the base of the stem where it meets the top of your medium. Also I soak my seeds in H2O2 for 24 hours before placing them into any medium, the peroxide sterilizes them and helps soften the seed shell.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
try bottom feeding your seedlings until the roots hit the bottom of the container. i damped off probably 50 seedlings when i switched to coco. i haven't lost a single one since i started bottom feeding them for the first week or so.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Physan did nothing. Too late I guess.

I spent the last 5 hours sterilizing everything. Pots, buckets, beakers, meters, etc. Also changing the area I do my weed chores in.

Bumble Buddy

try bottom feeding your seedlings until the roots hit the bottom of the container. i damped off probably 50 seedlings when i switched to coco. i haven't lost a single one since i started bottom feeding them for the first week or so.

Could you explain this further? Are you making it so the media is less moist than when you were top watering? If so, how is that different from just top watering less? I'm having trouble understanding what you mean specifically/how it is working... thanks if you can help me understand :wave:

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Woke up to find some seedlings leaning over. They looked amazing just last night. As of now, I lost at least $300 in seeds to damping off.

Anyone have experience with phyton-27?

I soaked the seedlings in physan-20 for 5 mins and planted in coco that was also soaked in physan-20, but I doubt it will do any good. Anyone have affected seedlings bounce back?

Plants affected with Damping Off will not recover unfortunately.

Sorry about your luck.