What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Interest.VOTE your input

southwind

Greetings SouthWind here..

I am the one doing the BOG Preservation Thread, and I am looking to see how high the current interest in BOG genetics is.

I want to continue the project but would like a more accurate picture of how much interest there ACTUALLY is.

chime in!

I am also thinking of sending in some seeds for SEEDBAY freebies.

Should I include the GIANT BOGGLEGUM#9 that crossed accidentally with either SBBX4 or the big purple LIFESAVER male?

disclaimer: I was in the hospital when my partner did the unknown BOGGLEGUM cross.

usually the project is DEMANDING on EXACT crosses and completely isolated pollenation.

I almost killed my partner.

almost.

let me know your thoughts.

peace

sw

SEEDS

SOUR BUBBLE

Last edited:

Goldenseed

I would say there is definately interrest!!

I would love to get some BlueMoon Rocks or some of his Bubblegum varietys.

southwind said:
I am also thinking of sending in some seeds for SEEDBAY freebies.
Should I include the GIANT BOGGLEGUM#9 that crossed accidentally with either SBBX4 or the big purple LIFESAVER male?

Why not...i havent seen the particular giant Bogglegum you are talkin about but if it was that gigantic it shouldnt matter wich one of them males provided the pollen....it should be killer crosses.

Thats my toughts hehe...Have a nice day and keep us updated with the progress....GS :wave:

Murphle

SW, bring any and all BOG genetics. Did you miss hearing about the SourBub release from Grindhouse? It was pretty nuts around here/seedbay. If that was any indicator, Me thinks your plans will definitely be a positive thing round here! I'd be more then happy to try some of y'alls bogglegum X's or to receive them as freebies from the bay. Bogs gear usually turns into excellent medicine, even in my amateur gardening hands. If my handicapped/sick ass can make them work, anyone can, and I'm sure would be appreciative of the chance/opportunity w/ those genetics. Thank you for what you are doing! Stay safe/happy/healthy/green!

Care Free 1

Veteran
Been BOG fan from the early days, and will continue to grow his gear till it is no longer available, and that includes crosses made by second parties.

I also appreciate your efforts towards keeping these genetics alive, and available. They are a real joy to grow for the indoor grower, and were bred perfectly for that.

Go for it Southwind, if your up for it. Your efforts will not be in vain, and those plants will re-appear across the world quickly I'm sure.

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
I am very interested. Either one of those crosses will be killer.

(telekeneticly sends a messege to southwind "Dooooo it" ):smoke:

your efforts are much appreciated.

Last edited:

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
nodoubt about the grindhouse,it was nuts,but thats good advertising ,letting people know beforhand whats going on ,

Grizz

Veteran
I feel sorry for your partner, But the truth be told accidents have given us some great things in the past, please send them in to seedbay, and keep working on your project, well worth the effort. Do you have any pics of the genitics you are talking about sending in?

HeD333

Southwind. I think there is a lot to be said BOG genetics. Of course, you already know that ;)
BlueMoonRocks:

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Never had the pleasure of doing BOGs gear. I am very interested in the SourBubble being released by GH.

The big issue for me is getting my hands on whatever genetics I run. I don't do the mail order thing and I'm in San Diego so there aren't dispenseries close ( Thank Jah for APE!).

If you were able to get your beans as far south as OC or Long Beach somehow it would be an awesome start.

Peace

Last edited:
B

bottletoke

hell yeah, i would def be interested in those bog crosses, whether they are freebees or for sale...

Frosy

of course there is HUGE interest out here among the growers. Send in freebies, and keep breeding, saving and sharing seeds, we will all be rewarded by the results!

LemonCake

sorry i forgot the rules here.. good intentions .......
best
-lc

(if you want to save a strain- give it away)

Last edited:
G

grapepunched

More people should grow BOG, I've always said that!
Good to know the preservation is a group effort now!
K+ and keep doing what you do southwind...

-gp

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
massive respect to southwind,,, i have grown plenty of BOGs gear and it was always topnotch,, im sure many others would like to try their hand at it as well>>>hell i might even need to sign up over at SB so i can get my hands on a few of these beans myself,,, smoke well my friends..&keep it ez. -BhT

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
The art of selection is as important as the gene pool that you start with. Good luck.

A lot of BOG's success can be attributed to his 'eye' for selection in addition to his mother stock. There is no reason why someone can't come up with fantastic crosses and new breeds of their own...with whatever parent stock they choose. A BOG revisit performed by anyone other than BOG will be good...just not the same.

If you know what you are doing and you start with good parent stock (not just good beans), and you have an eye for finding the good boys to play with...you can have success.

BOG's work was based off of work someone else had done previously. His Bogbubble was just a reworked white label bubblegum. His bogglegum was his bogbubble crossed with a NL5, I think... His Lifesaver was jacks cleaner/blueberry with the reworked white label bubblegum. There is nothing in any of his parent stock that anyone one of you couldn't replicate with today's genetics....but remember the key isn't just parent stock, most importantly is the art of selection.

southwind

oops

oops

lemoncake you are a generous soul, BUT be careful..we are NOT supposed to OPENLY trade CLONES OR SEEDS,

SEE RULES.

JUST DONT WANT ANY TROUBLE FOR YOU OR US OR THE MODS OR GYPSY OR ANYBODY

LemonCake said:
southwind. i have a ton of bog genetics in original packs that BOG sent personally.. if you would like those packs to work with you are welcome to them.
i have to much of them and not enough time to run them all in a life time.
hope this helps you. i use to beta test for bog on og.
best
-lc

(if you want to save a strain- give it away)

southwind

YES

YES

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Selection is an ART and a SCIENCE.

The only thing I have a difficulty with is that a bunch of us who liked BOG tried to 're-discover' BogBubble and Sour Bubble when BOg called it quits. Out of 20 packs of White Label we bought, with over 87 [ which I know is a small selection group ] mothers and many tries we could not get it quite like BogBubble.

I am NOT BOG and we have different eyes for selection..so I am sure that has something to do with it.

But I have done alot of work for nurseries over the years, some of it trying to 're-create' endangered wild plants[ for Dryland preservation] from subspecies stock, etc, but then we have DNA testing and also many hundreds if not thousands of test bed selection groups.

and you know as well as I that sometimes when you do as many of those White Labels as we did [ or any seeds, i.e. Sweet Tooth 1.1, or Sweet Tooth #3 ] occasionally you get a sport or unusally good pheno [ or unusually bad] so it's sometimes chancy.

So we decided to use BOG's own stock of Bogbubble and the offspring were very uniform and predictable as BogBubble.

So I guess thats why I am trying to do it with BOG's own seeds.

I know for sure it would be hard for me to try to replicate something like Resevoir Seeds Sour Diesel, even with the original parent stock.

You are always a voice of reason Sunnyside and I appreciate your stopping in.

sunnyside said:
The art of selection is as important as the gene pool that you start with. Good luck.

A lot of BOG's success can be attributed to his 'eye' for selection in addition to his mother stock. There is no reason why someone can't come up with fantastic crosses and new breeds of their own...with whatever parent stock they choose. A BOG revisit performed by anyone other than BOG will be good...just not the same.

If you know what you are doing and you start with good parent stock (not just good beans), and you have an eye for finding the good boys to play with...you can have success.

BOG's work was based off of work someone else had done previously. His Bogbubble was just a reworked white label bubblegum. His bogglegum was his bogbubble crossed with a NL5, I think... His Lifesaver was jacks cleaner/blueberry with the reworked white label bubblegum. There is nothing in any of his parent stock that anyone one of you couldn't replicate with today's genetics....but remember the key isn't just parent stock, most importantly is the art of selection.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
southwind: much respect for what you and your team is doing in regards to the BOG lines. i never got my hands on them so i would love to see some freebies out there or even some seeds released as BINs in the private breeders section.

you mentioned you tried 20 packs of wl bubblegum, but did you try makings an f2 generation with an open pollination and selecting from that for more varied results? Seems that this could be the way to get back to some of the more unique specimins as the f1 gen might have been a bit too stable to get enough variation. just my .02

keep doing what you're doing!:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts