What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Allergic to weed

supahdupah

Anyone else that gets allergic to weed.
It starting to get a problem for me, when i´m flowering at home it´s worse then springtime.
if i get weed or hash on my skin i get white red spots that itches.

No way, that cant be good, maybe you have sensitive skin.

What happens when you smoke it?

Actually, it could be exma (spelling). Exma gives you reddish spots and stuff.

I wonder what could be causing it. Maybe its the ferts or something.

See a doc and tell them. They'll most likely give you some cream or something.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Allergic to THC, that's what I call bad luck:D

I'm sure something can be done though, although you may not want to bring it up with a doctor.

What happens if you eat the stuff?

G. Sensi

Are you sure its the Cannabis Plant itself?

How bout if you touch a small Clone/seedling? How bout if you touch Hash or just Trichs?

Im thinking you're most likely allergic to the Cannabis POLLEN or something in the Ferts.... Do you have alot/any Male plants around? Any open bottles or reserviors of Fertilizer?... Any bugs/pests getting into your grow room and then coming back out into the house where you become more exposed to whatever you're allergic to?

What growing medium are you using? Maybe its Perlite that you're allergic to...

What Im getting at is that most people think they are allergic to say Cats...But in actuallity they are Allergic to Cat DANDER... I believe its the same for peanut allergies in that it isnt the Nut but the Oil or something that people are allergic to...

Anyone know if there are any Histamines is Cannabis? If so that could be another allergen.... Do you have any known allergies to anything else?

Just trying to help you solve the mystery...

Blessings

-G

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
you may just be having allergies to the pollen. Try an antihistamine like fexofenadine hydrochloride, and when in your grow room wear one of those cheap facemasks that you can get from your local supermarket, theyre like $5 for 30 of em

Ive never heard of a reaction such as this, however I have heard of people having very severe allergic reactions when smoking.

My mother for example cannot smoke. She gets violently ill within moments of her first inhale. But she can touch it, she was a cleaner for us until we moved out of state.

G

I am allergic to mites, molds and dust three things that can be found on cannabis.
This is one of the reasons I grow my own.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
dust and mold are two things that get me, but i got the weekly shots and it put it under control i.e. i could breathe.

maybe try an anthihistamine then run a test on yourself, it might be enuf to keep it under control, they worked for me for several hours kept the sneezing and congestion away, might work on your skin reaction too.

etncrew

This is a really interesting topic as I have the exact same problem

I can roll joints no problem without any redness or itchyness on my hands, but if I touch bud (probably pollen), then touch my face...i get like...almost hives...raised red bumps probably half the size of a nickel that get itchy as fuck.it also makes my face appear blotchy...I have extremely sensitive skin and sometimes get psoriasis (sp?), and I get really bad allergys due to grass/pollen/springtime sort of stuff.

I smoke every day and I an eat bud fun, I think my skin is just allergic to the THC..

my lungs aren't though, and thats all that areally matters :)

Bud Meister

If I handle weed plants and rub my eyes with out washing my hands first then my eyes swell and itch pretty bad. Also before I start to harvest I take an antihistamine an hour before I start. I also use Alaway by Bausch & Lomb antihistamine eye drops.

I am not a doctor but I do play one in the National Guard. I am a medic.

Try this my friend:

1. An hour before you handle any plants take an oral antihistamine or Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (Benadryl). If you take an antiacid tablet like rolaids or tums at the same time then the antihistamine will absorb into your system faster. If you have a bad reaction you can take both the oral antihistamine and the Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (Benadryl), however it will make you pretty sleepy.

2. About a half an hour before you handle any plants use a topical gel containing Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (Benadryl). They make both a cream and a gel. The gel will absorb into the skin faster and not leave a greasy coating like the cream does.

3. MOST IMPORTANT!! After you finnish handling your plants take a shower if possable or wash all exposed skin with warm soap and water. Dry off real good and re-apply the Benadryl gel. Put on clean clothes.

4. If your alergy effects your eyes then use the Bausch & Lomb Alaway too.

This should help you with your allergic reactions to weed.

Last edited:
J

JollyGreen

I had a friend that was allergic to smoking weed, his lungs would swell up and he wouldnt be able to breath.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
So he died smoking a joint? Man, the first lethal victim in history to Cannabis. Damn. NOW the government is really going to have something to show on the ill effects of Cannabis, first time ever also.

Bud Meister

Rosy Cheeks said:
So he died smoking a joint? Man, the first lethal victim in history to Cannabis. Damn. NOW the government is really going to have something to show on the ill effects of Cannabis, first time ever also.

LOL

Sooo true. When it comes to the government you cant confuse the issue with the facts anyway. If the government does not like the facts then they are either suppressed or just ignored and in some cases they come up with some bogus crap.

G

I would not smoke If I was allergic. The molds put me into shock. It is not a funtime.