What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anti Anxiety & Anti Depression Strains?

You think if weed was legal there could be new strains made or IS THERE....strains that are anti anxiety or anti anxiety?....I want to bring this up because friends of mine were debating on it...

I

Iron_Lion

My Mandala Satori works pretty good for anxiety and depression.

T

The_Skunkist

I don't think you can find weed for depression treatment , it can relax you , for less anxiety BUT NOT for depression :

Because the cannabis decrease your serotonin level (like all others drugs iclude alcohol !) .Serotonin is your inner natural "prozac" .

Practising a sport increase your serotonin level.
Wort is also good for depression . ( a kind of natural vegetal prozac )

There is only one hallucinogenic reciepe that's good against depression : Ayahuasca .

http://shamanism.wordpress.com/2007...nd-healing-plant-brew-from-the-amazon-part-2/

Peace and good smoke !

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
The_Skunkist said:
I don't think you can find weed for depression treatment , it can relax you , for less anxiety BUT NOT for depression :

Because the cannabis decrease your serotonin level (like others durgs and so ..alcohol ) , your inner natural "prozac" .

Wort is good for depression .

There is only one hallucinogenic reciepe that's good against depression : Ayahuasca .

http://shamanism.wordpress.com/2007...nd-healing-plant-brew-from-the-amazon-part-2/

Peace and good smoke !

Any links to verify this?

THC•20

The Skunkist I dunno what those reports say but I'll tell you what I feel in my body. I feel a relief of depression when I smoke it. A high feeling of euphoria and mood lifting. Of course it's only temporary but isn't all medicine? So when I come down I just smoke more :joint:. Works for me, dunno about any one else. It doesn't stop problems from bothering you or stop you from worrying about things but overall I feel a sense of being at peace.

Burt

Veteran
blueberry or a nice hazey strain-your looking for an "up high" but one that also slightly stones your body as well

JWP

The_Skunkist said:

Ayahuasca! omg i wouldnt recomend dmt for depression. its something i do want to try before i die. idealy sitting amongst the clouds @ machu picchu :rasta:

machu-picchu

For depression i would say dont smoke anything!

For anxiety i would recomend anything sativa dom. When you have anxiety try abdominal breathing and focus! Focus on any object and describe it in your mind in detail. Try it :wave:

T

The_Skunkist

Yiiihhaaa ! I love Peru !
The ayahuasca is not only dmt but also an MAOI ( a powerfull antidepressant ) .
See also my link few posts up ...
I have drunk ayahuasca 6 times in peru in a traditional ceremony .
The best experience of my all life !

Last edited:

Zevix

i grew some strawberry cough and it has a very chilled out up high that makes u feel happy its a really nice high and it tastes beautiful too i would definately recommend it

Brownpants

Blueberry, Master Kush, and a special C99 x LUI cross that smells of pineapple and grapefruit have helped me with my depression/anxiety for years now.

Those studies in the cannabisnews link posted by The_Skunkist basically say that small doses of Cannabis can raise serotonin levels, but smoking too much (heavy doses) can cause serotonin levels to drop.

In my experience Cannabis helps. You just have to find the right strains that work for you and make sure they are grown out well.

Peace

T

The_Skunkist

I just want to notice that a slight joint of white russian can be considered as an heavy THC dose ...
Without marijuana the brain works with a very little amount of thc .

JWP

The_Skunkist said:
I have drunk ayahuasca 6 times in peru in a traditional ceremony .
The best experience of my all life !

How was it? Did it change you & the way you see life?
From what i hear words cannot desribe it. Does it really only last for 15 mins?

Things to do before i die:

1. ayahuasca
2. jessica alba

lol for it to rank higher on my list than jessica alba says a lot. i have some friends that spent 2 months in the amazon with a sharman and they had it many times. even 30 years later its still all they talk about