What's new

what about cambodia?

B

bonecarver_OG

im planning a trip to cambodia - and i wondered about recent info concerning weed.

places, prices etc :D

peace all!

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Cambodia's still a rather isolated country, so most of the weed you find there is traditional Cambodian sativas.
Only a couple of decades ago, Cannabis was widely used by the population. It grew just about everywhere and had no real value. It was used for smoking, fibers, and also in cooking. Then one day, US narcs (DEA) turned up, and everything changed. Now, Cannabis is outlawed, local organized crime run the distribution, it has become a black market product.
The price depends - like everywhere else in Asia - on your capacity to negociate. In the Angkor Wat area (Siem Reap), prices go up due to the tourist boom. But Cambodians are poor, and we're not talking about a lot of money. Anywhere from one to three dollars/gram for standard quality, which is already largely overpriced.

B

bonecarver_OG

are these prices recent?
1-3 dollars a gram for standard quality sounds just like here in spain :( not what i expected at all..

thanks a lot :D

peace!

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
That's tourist price BC, in the Angkor Wat area. You don't think they'll let you pay Cambodian price just because you're a nice guy, do you?
One to three dollars is a LOT of money to them, but they KNOW you can pay it.

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

hm hm

i forgive ur ignorance. and the silly coment - because

u dont live in spain and u dont know how life is here.

we are NOT as rich as the rest of europe. we have the lowest wages and the highest rising interests and life costs.. if YOU can PAY it, DOES NOT mean we can. thats a narrow minded pre-conception.

i have travelled a lot before i ended up here, as a backpacker/traveller. only thing i can say is the thoughtless rich tourists destroy for the poor backpacker ones.

peace

pst - 3 dollars is good money here in spain too :D actually thats pretty much half an hour of work for many ppl. me included. most ppl earn even less!

this is the reason morocco is the most popular destinacion for most spaniards - there we get the highest quality imaginable for 1 euro a gram or less. its worth the money for us here.

we all just want to be able to enjoy our hard earned vacations with something we wont regret the rest of the year hehehe

:D

B

bonecarver_OG

but still i really feel like going to cambodya - and maybe buying in bulk will make it cheaper. i got lots of time to check out the details.

if it doesnt get worthwile in the calculations there is a lot of other alternatives :D

for example im really keen to visit friends of family in the bluemountains in jamaica - where highgrade - thanks JAH - is still cheap for the ones who kno where to go.

lets see where we go at last. :D

peace!

Dionysus

If you really want to go to Cambodia but really can't afford to pay tourist prices, go where the tourists aren't ;)

You mention the rich tourists ruin things for poor backpackers - that is why the backpackers are continually going farther out to the areas rich tourists never go to. In a sense, they pave the way for the rich tourists and its really all one big cycle of globalising tourism. This is the way of the world and so as backpackers push farther in to the countryside hotels, sunscreened tourists and money will follow.

So if you want good deals, don't go to buy at the tourist spots. Instead head out to the smaller villages off the beaten path and see if you can't befriend some locals. Just becuase you are in another country doesn't mean that the value of connections is lost. If you make some friends they will probably be more than happy to hook you up with bulk bud at good prices. Friendliness and a smile won't get you a good price by itself, but its a start :D

B

bonecarver_OG

it is true all old backpacker paradises are now luxury resorts. or if they arent yet they will be soon.

i am thinking more in the way u say - to go off the track a bit if possible. we will see - im currently checking out jamaica too.

there is a good while left to the journey - it will be our honeymoon :D

peace all

B

bonecarver_OG

i just got over some pics in a spanish site of the buds bought in south east thailand (the weed was originally from cambodia) and it seems to be very dark sativa buds - looking a lot like the nugs that the thaisticks i used to smoke was made of.

tasty looking actually. :D

peace :D

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
bonecarver_OG said:
hm hm

i forgive ur ignorance. and the silly coment - because

u dont live in spain and u dont know how life is here.

we are NOT as rich as the rest of europe. we have the lowest wages and the highest rising interests and life costs.. if YOU can PAY it, DOES NOT mean we can. thats a narrow minded pre-conception.

Well, I had a girlfriend in Barcelona for a long time and spent a lot of time there, and now I live in France, where salaries are inferior to those in Germany, England and Scandinavia, so I do think I know what you're talking about.

Not much to stuff into the piggy bank, eh?

Nevertheless, that reasoning is wasted on a Cambodian, because his/her poverty is astronomical in comparision to the differences in European incomes.

A Cambodian can't make out the difference between a German and a Spaniard, and to him, anyone that comes from Europe or the USA is a millionaire, which is why they'll have $ signs blinking in their eyes when they look at you, money in your pocket or not.

I'm talking mainly about the Angkor Wat area, where it is easy to score, and the tourist industry provides the tourists with what they want.

In other parts of Cambodia, money counts for little, and you can have a toke for free.

In Cambodia, most people told me that the weed came from Laos.

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Moppel said:
there are 2 icmaggers who ran from their country and stay in cambodia.

They were Swedes too. here is the topic, but looks like they deleted their posts pretty much..

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe swedes in cambodya :D hope they have fun :D

rosy - i know what u mean - a lot of that mentality is happening in all rural areas of the world where backpackers are going. i have this far had lots of luck learning to know locals who have allways been more than helpfull. since im an artist - its easy to conect with other artist in the same line of work. ;)

for spain - the northern parts are the richest by far - i live in the far south/east area. i supose life is cheaper here - but housing and food has gone up lots last years. everything counts in euros nowadays as u know :D prices went up 200% on almost anything with the change to euro - but the wages have stayed the same pretty much the last 10 years.

i dont have a lot in comon with the tourist having their summer houses here - thats for sure :D BUT im happy all the year :D this is pretty close to paradise :D i just say this so ppl know im NOT unhappy with living here in anyway. as a matter of fact compared to my old home country this is like a dream. after many years of fascism the spaniards have learnt the value of personal freedom and rights.

not like sweden that is "over-protecting" the population and demonizing anything alternative. luckilly i never had any probs with the law like the swedish dudes who run away to cambodya.

interesting about the weed coming from laos.

i havent heard much about laos/cambodian sativas. any info or fotos would be wellcome :D

peace all :D

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Yes, I remember Swefarmers thread, and it is quite strange that he erased everything posted, and quite recently too.
I got a bad feeling about it when they ran. I've been living "abroad" in different countries for the greater part of my adult life, and I know it is not so easy to dump everything and make your life somewhere else, just like that. And in Cambodia of all places. It is one of the poorest countries in the world, and Sweden one of the richest. Adapting to such a total change of scenery for a longer period is very difficult.

A good friend of mine has a younger brother who took off to northern India, with a half-baked idea of setting up a cultivation community, then ship the produce back too Europe, somehow, and live of it.
He disappeared about four years ago, no one has ever heard from him since. Indian police has come up with ditty, and the private investigators that the family hired lost track of him in a mountaineous area, where apparently he was seen with local traffickers.

I hope everything went well for the Swefarmers, but I have my doubts.

B

bonecarver_OG

i think swefarmer did the rigth thing - if he wanted to dissapear he shouldnt leave traces. the bad part is the thread is still there with potencially compromising information about him.. not that i think the swedeish cops are going to go looking for him really.

but the fact they might have gone there with cash and u never know what could happen.

hope they are well though.

India is a dangerous place. many travellers dont really get it. damit most of the world is dangerous. most important is to know where to go or where NOT to go.

im with u - i find it very dificult to imagine the typical swedish change from the comfortable swedish society to a poorer one with out any time of adaption. but i got to say every one WILL adapt if they have to. u might loose ur mind but u adapt if u got to.

peace :D

you will be suprised how many peeps you meet out here that have interesting stories... as for the weed umm never really found anything that was worth talking about,...although i remember meeting a Scottish guy that had a guest house up by the lake in Phonm Pen that had some good Issolator hash [primative bubble] which made my heart race, and gave me that "ants in the pant" i can't sit still symdrome. Dont know if hes still there as its been qute a while.
Also they used to sell "flowers" openly in the "Russian Market" in the center of town, but i understand things have changed there now....
Well hope it helps

TF

alphacat

Trying to do something illegal on the cheap in a 3rd world nation where justice can often boil down to what you can afford - that sounds like asking for a detour into a Cambodian prison. But then, I've been called paranoid before.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Lol BC cambodia is a nice country pepol are very freindly compared to thailand vietnam I like it but like Laos the most of all the south asian country´s.

I found alot of bad weed in cam think that most of the good stuff are shiped to thailand where they pay more, but it is the only country in south asian where i found hash made by some french guy.

a note shop some ether and make yourself some oile, if all the weed is seeded stuff, and they have plenty off that kind.
Have a good trip

Latest posts

Latest posts