What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bruce banner, durban poison, mazar i sharif.

bigpeter

Now been 12 12 for 28 days. These plants are out of control, they've been bent over but are still stretching so all I can do is dim the light down. I have removed a few tops as they were touching the light
It was a bad idea to have two plants in such a small space.

picture.php

G

Wow..your plants exploded. Looking good though. Maybe clone the broken branch? Same thing happened to me just now and im thinking of cloning it.
All the best

bigpeter

I did use the broken branches as clones, no sign of roots yet as I put them straight into coco with rooting powder.

There is now only one plant in the closet, it was getting impossible to keep tying down branches as they were growing into the light almost every day, so I removed the durban poison. I had to kill it in order to remove it as it was wrapped up in the screen. There was enough room to lay the bruce banner tops over into the space created. I dont know what I was thinking trying to grow three plants in that small space.

G

That sucks..but on the other hand, if the last plant fills the whole box, you didnt really miss out. Goid luck with that one and the clones

G

Quite quick for in soil..your clones.
Whats the plant in the backround with the putple flowers? The roots in those airpots looks crazy..never seen that before. Show us a pic of the big girl too...pleeeease:plant grow:

bigpeter

The cuttings were in coco coir dipped into rooting powder, and yes they surprised me how quickly they took. The plant with the pink flowers is a Cape Sundew, its very good at catching fungus gnats. It flowers a lot but never produces seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bigpeter

Update @46 days 12 12. Plant is doing ok, buds slowly packing on weight. Really sucking up the water and now gets 2 litres 4 X daily.

picture.php

picture.php

G

Hey bigpeter, i missed your past posts. Having a hard time setting up my growroom atm.

The plant looks very nice. It did put on some serious weight too.
How big was the pot again?

Greets,Ivan

bigpeter

How big was the pot again?
The pot was sold to me as an eight Litre but I doubt it is, more like 5L. If you aim to get any of these air pots I'd recommend a larger pot, at least 12L. My next grow I'll be using a 20L

G

Looking good! What's the nose on that first pic, the sat. leaner?

Peace
DM

40degsouth

Hey bigpeter,
I absolutely love the idea of using sundews to catch fungus gnats. Are they the only pest species attracted to them?? My mind’s wandering off to pitcher plants and all the other carnivorous plants; have you tried any others???
Wonderfully simple and fantastic.
Cheers,

bigpeter

Looking good! What's the nose on that first pic, the sat. leaner?

Peace
DM

Actually Mr DopeyMcSmoker (love the name) those pics are all the same plant. I chopped two of the plants due due to space issues and the mazaar being a male. All three of those plant pics are bruce banner. Right now theres a wiff of skunkyness when I open the wardrobe door, and when they're touched a strong citrus smell

Hey bigpeter,
I absolutely love the idea of using sundews to catch fungus gnats. Are they the only pest species attracted to them?? My mind’s wandering off to pitcher plants and all the other carnivorous plants; have you tried any others???
Wonderfully simple and fantastic.
Cheers,

Glad you like that :D. I did try venus fly traps but they weren't as efficient as sundews. They're very good at catching fruit flies too and the occasional housefly. I dont have any other flying insects to worry about.

bigpeter

While inspecting this morning I see nana's. What to do? pull them off and hope for the best? Edited to add I see them on another two buds. Plants have been on 12/12 for 51 days

picture.php

Last edited:
G

I'd plug the nana's . You didnt keep clones,did ya? One plant should be easy to control. Just get the girl to the finish line and enjoy your smoke:friends:

bigpeter

After more examining I see nana's all over. None are dropping pollen yet. I was planning on going 9 weeks with this plant thats another twelve days. I'm wondering what this plant is as I've never heard of bruce banner going hermie. I've ditched the two clones I took of her.

Latest posts

Latest posts