What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Cough Bagseed Grow

Crazy Chester

Hello everybody!

While tramping along in Venice Beach I found the tiniest dispensary called "Venice Kush". Of course I had to stop in to check it out. Immediately, I noticed all the items on their menu have actual strain names - rather than the made up names most dispensaries used.

Long story short, I picked up an eighth of Strawberry Cough and found one mature seed in it:

This thread is to chronicle the plant this seed hopefully produces.

I'm germinating in rockwool under a heated dome:

Oddity

Now there's a strain name I haven't heard in a long time. granted I've been out of the scene for awhile, but still...

I'll be watching :lurk:

Crazy Chester

High Oddity - I remember that name from a previous forum - welcome back!

I'm still going to grow this out, but I found out it was not from THE strawberry cough clone - it was re-worked to make it low THC and high CBD.

Jerry_Garcia

I should have posted here instead of the other thread Yeti started. I saw you mentioned your seed has not yet sprouted. Are you still trying the rockwool under a heated dome? I know some seeds can take a while but if my math is correct, you are at about 2 weeks already.

Crazy Chester

Hi Jerry - you are right - it should have popped by now.

So, I took a look by carefully pulling apart the rockwool.

I was able to take a look without disturbing the seed too much.

Seems to have germinated and I saw the seed shell has opened and a root was growing upward toward the top of the cube. I put it back in the dome more with the cube lightly pushed back together. Hopefully, that will better allow the seed to pop a plant to the surface soon. If not - guess it was a stillborn.

Crazy Chester

Looks like it would be some boof calling it hemp and all. I cant quite judge from a pic, looks frosty!

Welcome TexanTerps! I actually think it may have been bred for high CBD and low THC, due to its effects. That was kind of like the high I felt - it was more like a happy dreamy relaxation. And it did have trichomes - not top shelf, but it was no slouch. But, I think the real Strawberry Cough had more of a sativa high - but, I don't know because I've never tried it.

Crazy Chester

Man, I must have been tripping and seeing the rockwool instead of a root and a crack in the shell that I thought it was coming out of. Because today I pried the shell open and found nothing but air. Not even an immature embryo. Ziltch. Guess the purpose of this thread has passed, lol!