What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds of Compassion: Point Break, Beetlejuice, Ecto Cooler, and more!

Bubbarandon

Hey all!
Starting a new thread to document and showcase all of the beautiful Seeds of Compassion gear, that I have been lucky enough to receive from noodles! Included will be pictures of each plant/strain/pheno in veg and flower, an overall grow report for each strain, and a smoke report for each pheno/plant that I finish with. For right now, I will be starting with "Beetlejuice" and "Point Break. Keep an eye on the thread for updates on all of these awesome genetics and others that I may add! :) To start it off, here is a quick snapshot and review of the BJ and PB seedlings! Germination went off without a hitch, and out of 21 seeds, 21 broke ground. For whatever reason, one of each strain damped off. That leaves the final numbers at 10 BJ and 9 PB. Seeds were soaked for 18 hours in my well water, and placed directly into a light soil. :D Hope you can all stick around for the show!

phog

Veteran
thanks for sharing this bubburandon, with skills like your- i'm sure it will be a great show.:tiphat:
what mix are those seedlings in?

Bubbarandon

No problem, and thanks! :) The seedlings are in a mix of some local soils/sands that I constantly recycle. Added in, is a light addition of Happy Frog Fruit and Flower, and once in bloom, they get a light addition of Happy Frog Bulb Food at the start, then again at weeks 4 and 6 :)

abcgt

If you don't mind me asking, what nutrients will you be using. I see your mix is a good blend. I am asking to take notes as this gets good. thanks

Bubbarandon

@abcgt: Just the two different types of Happy Frog for me. Fruit and Flower for veg, and Bulb Food for bloom. They are dry organic fertilizers with microbes. I mix them evenly into the soil, and water everything accordingly. When adding the Bulb Food in bloom, I "till" the top 3" of soil with my hands, and mix about two tablespoons evenly into the soil that I've disturbed. My soil is a mix of river bed clays and sands, as well forest soil from different areas around me :)

phog

Veteran
@abcgt: Just the two different types of Happy Frog for me. Fruit and Flower for veg, and Bulb Food for bloom. They are dry organic fertilizers with microbes. I mix them evenly into the soil, and water everything accordingly. When adding the Bulb Food in bloom, I "till" the top 3" of soil with my hands, and mix about two tablespoons evenly into the soil that I've disturbed. My soil is a mix of river bed clays and sands, as well forest soil from different areas around me :)

how long have you been growing man? that kind of knowledge takes some experience.

Bubbarandon

Hmm. I've been growing since I was about 21, and I'll be 28 in a few weeks, so...7 years? Check my math ;) haha I wouldn't say that my methods take a lot of knowledge per se, but experience and a lot of trial and error have definitely helped. It's not as complicated as TLO, a method I've always considered, but I just try to keep it simple. I also run an aero/NFT system of my own design, but that's even easier to me. Just a matter of keeping your numbers right. I've definitely gained a lot of my knowledge from forums as well. There's a ton of insanely intelligent people out there, and I try to pick their brains when I can. Being a carpenter by trade has also helped with all of the plumbing/electrical/construction portions of the job. I love this field :)

Virgin1

Good luck with these be watching how they turn out they all sound awesome , missed out on the ecto cooler myself , gutted

Bubbarandon

Hey all!
Here are the seedlings as of today :) Lost a Beetlejuice over the weekend, which brings the total to 18. Everything looks good though. A couple are lagging, but I'm sure it'll all work out ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20160509_134617.jpg
    IMG_20160509_134617.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 13

Bubbarandon

Hey all!
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. Super busy :) Anyway, here are the SoC testers Beetlejuice and Point Break in their new home in the flower room! Had some unexpected issues arise in my rooms, so I decided to sex these babies and flower them out in half gallons to test them out! I have a clone of each, so the best ones will be selected and kept :) More updates soon! :)

spite420

Growing some potential mothers for the new year. FUBAR, GORILLA BISCUIT IX, POINT BREAK. Im also growin out some Ecto Cooler thats in day 11/70. I'll keep posting.

Im in coco 10 gallon pots plastics bag pots in veg an just solo cups in veg. Transplanting tomorrow into 2 gallon air pots tomorrow.

Im 1000% organic so i ammend my coco with fish meal, an kelp for veg. Bloom bone an langebenite. I compost weekly an use Humboldt Nutrients not to be confused with the snake oil that is produced by Humboldt County nutrients. I use a few Pruett goodies but weekly I compost - support microbes - organic fertilize in a given week up until about week 5 or 6 in bloom then I'm fungus crazy to finish. The GBIX is in the back i removed some bottom leaves due ph drop that they didn't like. The F had Alaskan Thunderfuck that loves a low ph (5.5) the GBIX likes 5.8

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160914_015107.jpg
    20160914_015107.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20160914_185325.jpg
    IMG_20160914_185325.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Resized_20160903_184057.jpg
    Resized_20160903_184057.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 13