What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rip's closet: Mandala Hashberry x Satori F1's

ripOG

Hey everyone. All is well in the closet :ying:

Quick update...

So the final count is 9 girls. I had one runt and I pulled that and ended up chopping all the males too. What the heck. I want some pure sensi this grow and LOW maintenance :) They're about 3-4 feet tall right now.

It's day 17. Sorry for the thumbnails I can't seem to get the big ones posting for some reason.

:wave:

Attachments

• IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0332-1.jpg
    IMAG0332-1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 10

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice looking plants. I've only grown Hashberry, but that crossed with Satori will be a winner. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

ripOG

Thanks fellas :tiphat:

Day 19 of flower today. All is well, but I've been a bad daddy... it's been about 15 days since I changed the res. Good news is as busy as I've been I only checked pH twice since then and they've been ok. It was about 6.4 today. I'm going to let it swing from 5.2 -> prolly 5.5 by tomorrow and then not let it drift too far above 6. They handled it well though.

The big gurl is showing some cal or mag def. I can post a pic of the leaf...
edit- here she is...

she's otherwise doing fine :)
biggurl2.jpg

I figured WTF and threw some big bud at them along with the aptus stuff, the zyme, and the aqua flakes. And the great white :) I'm going to dump a bunch of K on them in a couple weeks and see how they handle it. I used about 200 ml of the BB/ my 25 gal res. It'll be exciting to watch them take off this next week.

Day 19 :dance013:

Cheers

ripOG

Thank you, kindly. Do pull up a seat. :tiphat: I'm feeling old school...like way old school haha. It's that top hat smiley lol.

Yes! Co2! :kiss: I have no comparisons for this closet but I'll take that as a big complement that it's working. I don't have a monitor so I'm always suspicious...but my dosing is way overkill so the ppms must be ok.

PIX. Still day 19 lol. I can't help it. It's only been a couple days since the last set of pix but the sparkles have started to come out and I'm too excited.

sparkles.jpg

I know. I was beginning to question their dedication to sparkle motion. (name dat movie)

So to continue the high journey.

Let's visit some magic beans... :grouphug:

Here's the beanstawkz..
beanstawkz.jpg

It's a jungle in there! Look out! :hide:
itsalejungle.jpg

....this way! :witch:
peerinup_.jpg

n_over.jpg

Ahhh that's better. :smoke out:

biggurl.jpg

:wave:

ripOG

hiyo! day 22 ish of flower.

cleaned up the root area quite a bit last night.

made covers for each tray. just cut one strip of panda film for each one, measured where the stems were with respect to the container, and cut slits - it then just fits over them..

IMAG0437.jpg

I also removed the wrapping from the bottom of each RW slab like the 4 inch blocks had been. I want them to really drain on that screen. From picking them up I think a few of them are quite a bit lighter...they just were'nt draining right all wrapped up. More draining = more air to the roots.

Added a small circular fan below the canopy to air it out down there. Then there's the same type of circ fan above the canopy that blows under the light. Then I had enough room to put up my big box fan to blow over the canopy on the other side. It comes on with the co2 for 15 min every 15 min. I wish I could post a vid. I have a nice one from today. Is there an easy way to do that? With all the fans it looks like a real windy day inside there :tumbleweed:

By the way, I ended up rigging my co2 to come on every 15 min for 15 min like I said above. It's set to fill a volume about twice my space over 15 minutes, but it's still a pretty small amount overall. I should need to refill every month or so. It comes from the closet through a line, over the light...theres holes in the line...then down into the canopy on the other side. Not sure why everyone always sends it down to the root area. It should fall, not rise, over time. Plus I figure the canopy is where the action is at. I can see hands down the buds directly under the light grow bigger and faster. Gotta get that second light :angelshug:

IMAG0448.jpg

the leaves are looking healthy and grean and flat..they really seem to be responding well to this nute mix.

This pheno looks aweful sativa-y. The leaf got in the way of a nice bud down below, so she got snipped...

IMAG0436-1.jpg

Cheers :ying:

ripOG

:bump: BIG Update! Hold on to yer' badwidths :moon:

Things R lookin gooood. Buddin' is steady with all the bloom nutes and they'll get a fresh res tomorrow or mid week. I dumped so much stuff on them like GW, enzymes, with the co2, etc, in this new closet - it's hard to know what's working. But IT is :dance013:

Today I got excited with the camera and decided to break down the phenos I'm observing right now. As the girls continue to grow up I learn more and more about them :ying:

so without further ado, here's a shot of the garden today, day 26 of flower.
garden3.jpg

You can see how there's basically 4 taller girls, more sativa leaning - naturally i'm calling these the satori phenos.
Here's two...
satorigirlz3-1.jpg

And this one I call "big gurl." As they'd say on the Sopranos, "look at the stems on blondie!" :dancer:
big_gurl.jpg

The stem on the left I had to support with some string from the ceiling. She's a total cal mag whore and seems to have some sort of def. :dunno: I'm going to try to hand feed her, it's just hard to keep her satisfied on the same table as all the others!

So that's 4 sat phenos. I have a total of 9 plants. Of the remaining 5, the shortest two have a tad of that landrace indica showing through with pointed, slightly curved leaves. And, from what it looks like, heavy crystals! :dance013: I will call these 2 the HB dominant pheno's...or "HB1"
hbpheno3-1.jpg

hbpheno.jpg

2 more plants are similar in structure to the Hb1's, with heavy crystals, but are a tad taller.. about intermediate in height between the HB1 and Satori phenos. I will call these the "HB2" phenos. It will be interesting to see if they smoke any different than the HB1's.
hbpheno4.jpg

HB2 sparklin' like the beatiful ho that she is. Do yer thang gurl. :laughing:
hb_sparklez.jpg

One of the HB2 girls has a bit of a christmas-tree type structure. Really vigorous branching growth. It will be interesting to see how she fills out for sure :ying: Here's a pic of some of her "popcorn" ;)
popcorn.jpg

So that's 8.

The last one is..well...she's the freak. You saw her beanstawkzzz above. She's actually a twin, so I shouldn't be so rude. She was born with two stalks and two sets of petioles attached to the central seed/root mass.

One was smaller than the other and I didn't know if it would make it. ..but. she. did. :wtf:
freak.jpg

The bigger stalk ended up branching, so now there's three main branches including the runt twin :D
freak3.jpg

a freakish trifecta :rtfo:

I've been rolling my fingers on some of the larger leaves and smelling all those wonderful terpenes and resins. Full of berries and fruits. And I'm just dreaming of hash right now. As they say ~ god willing~ I will have some creamy hash in about a month :rasta:

Cheers all!
SUGAR1.jpg

bho_expertz

Very nice indeed ... Why do u use cal-mag ? doesn't the flakes have it already ? This because my growshop has those and perhaps i would change from DeltaNueve to them ...

ripOG

Very nice indeed ... Why do u use cal-mag ? doesn't the flakes have it already ? This because my growshop has those and perhaps i would change from DeltaNueve to them ...

mmm bho. speaking of hash! :D

I shouldn't be using it. I'm just de-chlorinating so my water is kind of hard to start with, plus all the extra stuff, but the big gurl is showing some sort of deficiency...so I've been adding cal+mag to the res kind of as prophylaxis in case the big gurl is showing her deficiency earlier than the rest of the plants.

I'm starting to think, though, that I should just hand feed the odd one with cal+mag and leave the others to do their thing. They won't need very much more non-flowering nutes for too much longer, anyway.

I LOVE the aqua flakes! Seems slightly better than the PBP + LK combo I was using during veg...IMHO. BUt it definitely works perfectly with the Aptus line since they don't have a base nute. They all seem to be working quite well together, along with the Great White. Cheers :wave:

ripOG

Thanks guys :thank you: If anyone has any Q's or comments they're always more than welcome...feel free everyone to stop by and say hi. The girls like to show off! :dancer:

Here they are today. Day 30...

IMAG0605.jpg

The more sativa dominant phenos are really starting to get that wicked took to them! There's no mistaking the difference now between these girls and the shorter Indy's :ying:
IMAG0613.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

And some shots of some more Indica lookin phenos:
IMAG0598-1.jpg

hey who put a mirror in there!? :tiphat:
IMAG0578.jpg

this plant is looking like a really solid hybrid pheno..
IMAG0582.jpg

They continue to plump up. Can't really capture the buds on film b/c the leaves cover them so well, but a few of them are at least 12" long. Can't wait to see 'em fill out! Otherwise, they're looking a tad malnourished today. I think I might just change the res right now.

Cheers :wave:

señorsloth

Veteran
nowadays tap water uses a different kind of chlorine, it's like chloramine i think and it doesn't evaporate, which is why they switched to it so im curious as to how you "de-chlorinate" it. there is an article about it in the latest Skunk magazine...it basically said without an RO filter you can't get rid of it and it will hurt your micro herds...

ripOG

nowadays tap water uses a different kind of chlorine, it's like chloramine i think and it doesn't evaporate, which is why they switched to it so im curious as to how you "de-chlorinate" it. there is an article about it in the latest Skunk magazine...it basically said without an RO filter you can't get rid of it and it will hurt your micro herds...

Hmmm that's interesting, I'd definitely like to see the article. I've been using a de-chlorinator, it's like an RO filter but without the RO component :tongue: I'm fairly sure that even RO filters use the same filtration method to remove the chlorine..so you can upgrade de-chlorinators to RO filters by adding the RO unit, but if you buy a RO filter it will come with the dechlorination filters. I believe the reverse osmosis is removing electrolytes but not filtering per se. I really don't know the science though. I do know that a LOT of growers here use de-chlorinators like mine. I'll post a pic in a bit. I think the filtration is very similar to how a lot of bottled water companies do it too. (Yep, lots of bottled water is simply tap water that's been dechlorinated) Cheers :wave: